THE STRONGEST THREAD IN THE WORLD (The LEON Thread)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Now that we have full confirmation of THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLDS RETURN,
we can use this thread to discuss the various aspects of Leon, such as:
- His old vs new move list.
- Breakdown of the teasers, or the future debut trailer to come soon.
- Wish lists regarding costumes, possible cutscenes, etc ..
- Tag mode talks (a little birdie tells me its gonna be AMAZING!)

We can also use this thread to discuss our appreciation of THE MAN THAT ROLAND LOVED.
Be it through fan art, photoshops, cosplay, t-shirts, or whatever you see fit :)

so get CRACKIN' YOU Pansies! Otherwise, go and wipe your own asses!
leonsback_literally.png

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Now that we have full confirmation of THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLDS RETURN,

leonsback_literally.png
That looks kinda familiar... no wait, better quality than my avatar.

Anyway, I would like his air throw to be a little more accessible but turn into more of a command throw in exchange. In 4 and D it was fairly difficult to use without some serious setup.

synce

Anyone ever find out how he knows Zack? Did he try hitting on Roland at that hot dance club in Rome? Was Zack a mercenary at one point? Or do all black people look alike to Leon?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I would like his air throw to be a little more accessible but turn into more of a command throw in exchange. In 4 and D it was fairly difficult to use without some serious setup.

I agree that his air throw should be more accessible. Leon, and Tengu for that matter, don't have much in the way of true juggles. Air throws are their alternatives to it, but the height requirement is absolutely absurd for both of their air throws. Both characters should have the height requirement of their air throws changed back to how Leon's was in 3.0.

Anyone ever find out how he knows Zack? Did he try hitting on Roland at that hot dance club in Rome? Was Zack a mercenary at one point? Or do all black people look alike to Leon?

I doubt that even Itagaki knows what their history was. Most likely he was just bullshitting some random story element together and just never cared to really explain it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Nothing confirmed yet. For all we know it's just a cutscene of Zack remembering his beat down by the Strongest Man in the World.

DontForkWitMe

I envision an revamped style for Leon that focuses on more brutal powerhouse grappling style since bayman has sambo covered while mila has mma covered. i think Leon needs to separate further from them both and feel completely unique to the people who still think hes just a bayman clone. I think the simplest way for TN to do this is to give him a mix of his old unique iconic moves mixed with spartans and brand new moves thrown in.

first of all give him new hold animations. he and bayman share the exact same animations from their basic counters and giving him brand new ones is a good start to differentiate the two

as for what spartan moves he should get i looked over her command list in DOA4 and think these are the moves they should add to him from this video...

give leon:

0-4,8-11,13-15, 24, 26-27, 29, 33, 35, 37, 40, 44

Brute

Standard Donor
Nothing confirmed yet. For all we know it's just a cutscene of Zack remembering his beat down by the Strongest Man in the World.
694.png

first of all give him new hold animations. he and bayman share the exact same animations from their basic counters
No they don't.

What do I want to see?
  • Air throw change discussed earlier
  • More throws & offensive holds (ideally combo throws)
  • Dervish throw first input changed to 41236T instead of 46T
  • Most of his old moves back
  • More sting mix-ups.

What costumes do I want?
  • The turban one in the trailer
  • The black tank-top with glasses
  • The no-shirt bandolier
  • The red, Dante-like trenchcoat
    The un-buttoned, red silk shirt

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
better range for his grabs,i don't know about y'all but i seriously had to struggle to get his command grab to connect in DOA4 which is weird because i used the same one just fine with Bayman.

he better keep his tackle/beatdowns,i don't care if Mila already has one he was the originator and he did it better imo.Mila's looks so weak in comparison

synce

Wouldn't mind seeing Spartan's moves return although I wouldn't kill for them either.. If they give Leon some kind of future soldier costume and Spartan's plasma grenade I might pick him a few times :leon:

Brute

Standard Donor
actually they do, their mid/high/low kick counters have the same exact animations and their punch counter animations are just slight alterations where bayman gets an extra chain grab from.
Leon has an added part to the MP hold which kicks them off like Spartan.

Side note: I hated just about everything about Spartan, so if Leon gets new stuff (which he should), it shouldn't be lame copy-pastes of Spartan's junk.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
We still dont know if leons in... He was pretty old.. it could be his son for all we know. A new character called Francesco! Who just wears his dads old clothes.

When he enters the ring, he would say, "Itsa mi! Francesco! " and has a stomp move and works as a plumber. (Cuz thats what all italians do) :p

I liked Leon's spartan outfit...
Also the prince Ali get up from doa2 with the white turban... So clean and elegant for such a strong man .. lol
Theres also the one with the black open shirt n white pants (doad i think?) ... Then theres the red coat ..
Seriously all his costumes are iconic.
I hope he gets his fair share :)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I just want Leon to stop brooding over his dead lover and kick some ass alongside Bayman. Furthermore, I want some closure to why he was so "familiar" with Zack in DOA2.

Other than that, I can't help but notice some conflict between his movesets and Mila's current ones... especially regarding the tackle. If TN decides not to get rid of the tackle for both characters, they could make Leon's tackle an offensive hold while Mila's is a special throw. Besides, Mila's a faster character anyway.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I just want Leon to stop brooding over his dead lover and kick some ass alongside Bayman. Furthermore, I want some closure to why he was so "familiar" with Zack in DOA2.

Other than that, I can't help but notice some conflict between his movesets and Mila's current ones... especially regarding the tackle. If TN decides not to get rid of the tackle for both characters, they could make Leon's tackle an offensive hold while Mila's is a special throw. Besides, Mila's a faster character anyway.

Bayman and Leon should hate each other .. or at least be rivals that disagree.. as they always were.
They should never work together...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Bayman and Leon should hate each other .. or at least be rivals that disagree.. as they always were.
They should never work together...
You have a point. As old as Leon is , I wouldn't be surprised if Leon was like the big bully Bayman was trying to surpass in their Command Sambo training...

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
We still dont know if leons in... He was pretty old.. it could be his son for all we know. A new character called Francesco! Who just wears his dads old clothes.

When he enters the ring, he would say, "Itsa mi! Francesco! " and has a stomp move and works as a plumber. (Cuz thats what all italians do) :p
Don't you dare say that. IT MUST BE HE WHO IS THE STRONGEST IN THE WORLD! NO OTHER CAN REPLACE HIM!
I already almost didn't buy 5 because of his absence (no joke, Mila was the saving grace because I'm kind of into boxing and brunettes).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD