"The Ultimate Hyper Clone" achievement

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't know if this has been brought up before. I apologize in advance if it has been, and you may lock/delete this thread.

So, as you all know The "The Ultimate Hyper Clone" achievement is unlocked by acquiring all 524 titles. For most players this achievement would either take forever to unlock, or you would simply say "fuck it" and never even go for it.

Well, CyberEvil had mentioned before the game released (he had gotten a copy of the game early) that he had unlocked the achievement by simply acquiring Alpha-152 (300 titles). Then, post-release, I bumped into Nightpup online, who had Alpha-152 unlocked as well. I checked Nightpup's achievements and noticed that he did not have "The Ultimate Hyper Clone". I suspected that the day one title update must have fixed the issue with the achievement that had allowed CyberEvil to unlock it at just 300 titles.

So I decided to test something. When I got my 299th title, I exited to the dashboard, deleted the title update, and restarted the game without accepting to re-download the update. I then went for a 300th title and when I got it, unlocking Alpha-152, the achievement popped up.

I figured I would post this for those who would like to unlock this achievement without having to win 3,000 online matches with every character. Unfortunately, if you've already unlocked Alpha-152 with the title update installed, you're out of luck unless you delete your data and start over again with the method I posted in the previous paragraph. Also, I'm on Xbox 360, so I don't know if this works on PS3 too.

synce

I'm guessing he did what I did and just downloaded a save. You don't get achievements with it but idc

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm guessing he did what I did and just downloaded a save. You don't get achievements with it but idc

Oh. I guess I was mislead. I didn't even need to delete the update in the first place. Wow, ha ha. Oh well. Ignore this thread then.

LondonLust

I've done everyone's power blow, cliffhanger, costumes and command training and I still have 42 titles left :( I also beat every course on Time Attack and Arcade.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD