Thoughts on Kasumi, Leifang, and Tina being the main focus again

Once the ninja story line is over and a new story line is created, I am thinking about Kasumi, Leifang, and Tina being the main focus.

I get that Kasumi is a ninja but she, Leifang, and Tina were introduced as the first three female of DOA which is about females in general.

Not to mention I really want the three to swap costumes with their rival/friends with Kasumi wearing Ayane but with red scheme, Leifang donning Hitomi's DOAD tank top with yellow laces instead of pink with the last round hair (long hair with braids) to oversexualize, and Tina wearing either Lisa or Mila but most likely Mila's boxing outfit in an American theme.

If not, an alternate universe can be created to focus on the three.

It is about time that DOA goes back to it's old roots to cater the old fans again but with a new fresh look.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's not gonna happen unfortunately, they'll likely use Marie and Honoka and Nico as the main focus if not Kasumi

mizking

The ninja storyline (and that clone shit) will continue for a million more games lol

Look at Tekken it's been about the Mishima's since day 1, unless you like the comedy Law and Paul pull off since the 5th game

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
They dug themselves a hole trying to shoe horn marie rose and honoka which threw everything off in 6. Itagaki will bring the game back to it's roots lol while KT will take your money. I would like them to make doa shonen again like doa 2, but you'll most likely have your story in doaxvv. Besides Doax has better plot than 6.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'd rather just see the DOA and NG games intertwine at the current point in the DOA timeline rather than having NG be this prequel schtick they've been doing the last 3 mainline games. We have Nyotengu as the gateway character to a yet-unexplored realm in the DOA/NG universe. The DOA story could use a supernatural misdirection. With this, the story would have no choice but to focus on Kasumi and the gang again. Even better, set up the groundwork for the abandoned Code Chronos project.

Additionally, DOA6's story didn't feel like a sequel story... more like a story expansion of DOA5 they forgot to do and the devs said, "Fuck it, let's tack it on to DOA6". Raidou just wasn't a convincing big-bad for DOA6. Maybe a mid boss or a DOA5 story expansion boss, but not a real DOA6 boss. A reincarnated Bankotsubo would've sufficed, and he would rise to become a bigger threat in NG4 when he escapes to the tengu realm, killing the current ruler - who turns out to be Nyotengu's father - and warring with other demon tribes before culminating to an all-out invasion in the human realm, forcing a temporary alliance between DOATEC and MIST. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Tina2040_

I'd rather DOA7 go along a Ryu / Ninja Gaiden route focusing on the lore of the series. Give us a new plot with Ryu and Kasumi; let Ayane be relegated to comedic relief. Something based on mythology and legend. Christie can serve as an antagonistic force with a re-envisioned MIST (more as a militia rather than science lab) to be the "human" aspect of the story; she wants to stop Ryu and Kasumi from discovering or protecting a certain myth. NiCo can serve as the moral middle ground.

A subplot can be Helena hosting DOA7 but finding that it is not garnering mass attention due to her damaged reputation (destroying businesses). A new character offers to buy a share of DOATEC, but their motives are questionable. Nonetheless the new co owner challenges potential competitors with online followings to submit video entries and others to be brand ambassadors. Make it have a social media ranking angle. Tina going on the talkshow hosting route and being hijacked by Bass, leading to a fight on set; Hitomi struggling to persuade kids to keep practicing instead of being obsessed with social media etc. Ayane joins to obsess over Honoka instead of following Kasumi, Zack being jealous of Helena's new partnership and abandoning her to start another promotion with Niki, Mila filming a documentary about herself (would go well with the camcorder reference in DOA5), Leifang and Jan Lee being rival YouTubers etc. etc. Make it parody of the reality television / YouTube of today and ensure these characters are not crossed over with the main ninja plot. Also less emphasis on the results of the actual tournament like the previous DOA games; that plot is predictable.

Kasumi-Phase-X

If there was a new storyline, the more likely thing to happen is that we get a new generation type game where certain cast of characters from DOA1-6 are going to be cut down keeping some and adding bunch of new characters (similar to what DOAXVV cast is like) which the main focus would be the brand new characters that is going to lead DOA new story.

When it comes to story direction, Lei-Fang & Tina wouldn't be the ones due to what they've offered through out the franchise. Lei-Fang has mainly been following & having fights with Jann Lee, and Tina has been jumping from career to career (DOA2: Model, DOA3: Movie Actor, DOA4: Rockstar, & DOA5: Planning being a State Governor) which at best to still be the returning cast for the next DOA fighting game, and side stories that have nothing to do with the main plot.

Kasumi, Tina, & Lei-Fang together were girls you see on your boxarts of DOA1 (except PS1 Pal release), the ones that didn't have different names in beta when coming up with characters, and a reminder that "the woman are total knockouts".

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Some of the things I’ve read are some choices alright. They should flesh out the current storyline and the characters backgrounds more. And maybe start some new storylines but not drastic changes out of nowhere.

- Like for Ayane and Hayate how’s life at the village since Kasumi left? What are the residents of the Mugen tenshin village like.

- For Kasumi and Phase 4, The hunt could be made more interesting. Kasumi could find Phase in the middle of a desert and fight there where Phase gets defeated but not killed because Kasumi has to flee because some MT clan ninja’s tracked Kasumi and try to complete their mission. Phase 4 gets found unconscious by a new/old fighter and gets taken care of to start a storyline for phase 4 as her own person.

- Leifang’s backstory and current story should go into a different direction instead of this petty stalking drama. Leifang’s family could be disapproving of her being a fighter for entertainment because that’s not how someone of her status should behave. Leifang’s family hires Jann Lee to keep Leifang in check to make sure she focuses on her college, but if this goes well is the question.

- Hitomi works in the dojo and focuses on college. Her dad’s dojo isn’t running well anymore and Hitomi participates to earn the cash prize to help her father’s dojo.

- Christie wants to cut ties with MIST but that doesn’t go as she expected. Before she can go she has 1 more job left. Donovan orders her to kill NiCO trying to resurrect her father.

- NiCO after her experiment with Raidou proving that she can resurrect people, she wants to bring back her father, that was killed by Donovan. Donovan doesn’t want to find out and sends Christie off to kill NiCO. But it ends up not how Donovan wanted.

these are just some examples that would really make the story a bit more interesting instead of the boring shit we got.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
They were never the "focus" though. In terms of what? In terms of story, the original focus was on Kasumi. Together with Lei-Fang and Tina, they were just the original poster girls of the series. Lei-Fang and Tina have been treated like side characters from the beginning almost just as much as they are now, unless when it came to the game's publicity. By DOA3 that had definitely changed, because the roster had grown so much.

I don't think the answer to having gone in the wrong direction is always to go back to the beginning anyways. I think TN and DoA needs to learn from its roots again, but more in terms of gameplay and the ideas that made DoA what it is in the first place. The developers need to have a rockstar+ninja attitude again.

But it would be nice to see some homages and throwbacks to them being the original 3 poster girls sometimes. As for them actually being the poster girls again, lol, nope... as much as I'd love that, not gonna happen. KT has firmly entered its heartless corporation phase (the antithesis of a rockstar), where they look at charts and trends to determine what (they think) makes them the most money, and right now that's all about the little moe idol girls, unfortunately.

This may only be a consideration if DOA goes dormant for a few years (2 or 3 at least) but I think with the next DoA it's possible that they could "reboot" the story the way SC6 has done. Retell the story of DOA1 or DOA2 properly but with most of the characters up until DOA4. I know I said it's not always the answer to go back to the beginning, but I think it's at least one possible fix (that would never happen, because that would mean no Honoka or MR, and that would be a miracle).

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD