Tina combo thread

TRI Mike

This thread will be used to keep track of any and all combos found for Tina. I'll try my best to keep it as updated as possible with all combos gathered in this first post. Things like good juggles, stun-game set-ups, sit-down stun set-ups, guaranteed ground grab stuff and the like can go here.

Reserved.

Fast transitions into Critical Burst in Counter and Hi-Counter:

1) :9::P::P::F: :8::P: :6::P+K: 73 dmg counter // 88 dmg hi-counter

2) :6::P::K: ~BT :P: :6::P+K: 60 dmg counter // 72 dmg hi-counter

3) :3::K::P: :8::P: :6::P+K: 75 dmg counter // 90 dmg hi-counter

4) :4::K: ~BT :7::P::P: :6::P+K: 67 dmg counter // 80 dmg hi-counter

5) :7::P::P: :F: :8::P: :6::P+K: 80 dmg counter // 96 dmg hi-counter

6) :7::P::P::P: 71 dmg counter // 85 dmg hi-counter

7) :6::P::P::6::K: :6::P+K: 58 dmg counter // 71 dmg hi-counter

8) :K::P: :8::P: :6::P+K: (Need to check damage outputs but it works)

Juggles:

(Using :9::P::P::F: :8::P: :6::P+K: as base before launching).

1) :9::K: :9::P::K: :F+P: 138 dmg counter // 161 dmg hi-counter - Works on light and mid weights.

2) :426::F+P: 132 dmg counter // 159 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.

3) :8::P: :2::F+P: 121 dmg counter // 142 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.

4) :P::P::P::K: 124 dmg counter // 149 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone.

5) :6::6::P::P::K: 126 dmg counter // 151 dmg hi-counter - Works on everyone. Potential ability to activate wall dangerzones.

6) :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :8::P: :2::F+P: 147 dmg counter // 173 dmg hi-counter - Works on light and mid weights only.

7) :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :426::F+P: - Works on light weights only.

8) :9::K: :6::P::P::6::K: :F+P: - Works on light and mid weights only.

These aren't taking dangerzone damage into consideration. And most, if all of them are not guaranteed but I think they're a nice way to start.

Goro Hazuki

Thanks for the effort. Will definitely watch this thread and hopefully contribute as well. I already found a few nice combos and setups with her this time around, but the boys here have already done good coverage with her, so there's no point in repeating things.

TRI Mike

At 0:40 Tina does a combo that allows for a juggle into an air throw. The other thread states this was not possible. Hmmmm.

Goro Hazuki

No, it's definitely possible. I did it all the time in both 0.5 and 0.95 builds. You can even juggle into :426::F+P:

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
When using Tina's advanced Mid :K: hold against an opponent who's back is at the wall, she can follow up with :6::P::P::2::P:, :6::P::K:, :P::P::K:. The Combo after the Hold does 99pts of damage, with hold it ranges from 141/151/162.

TRI Mike

Very basic, not guaranteed before CB:

:6::P::K:, backturned:P:, :6::P+K: (CB) , :3::3::P:, :9::P::K:, :F+P:. 124 damage on counter-hit, 144ish in HC and works on everyone.

shinryu

It's starting to seem like the strategy in general for Tina off stuns is to force the opponent to the CB threshold with random crap and then force the choice between CB and eating a high-counter (2)64f+p/41236f+p, since she's got no real guaranteed damage outside of naked launcher to airthrow or 6f+k to ground throw on normal hits. Is that kind of the consensus at this point? If so, it seems like it might be worthwhile to see if there are good stuns at threshold that leave you at minimal disadvantage (or advantage?) if you whiff the throw. Then she'd be able to at least safely attempt throws at CB to condition them to not try to hold, unless the CB is holdable on reaction? It's still a mid, right?

Django

Very basic, not guaranteed before CB:

:6::P::K:, backturned:P:, :6::P+K: (CB) , :3::3::P:, :9::P::K:, :F+P:. 124 damage on counter-hit, 144ish in HC and works on everyone.
u can do 9K instead 33P after CB for 1 more damage, plus it easier to do.
so far :9::K:, :9::P::K:, :F+P:. is the best combo after CB, other then Power Blow of course.
or use :9::K:,:426::F+P: when your close to the wall.

Goro Hazuki

How? I've tried and I can't seem to juggle anything into the giant. Is it only for super light characters?

Hey man, that's why I specified in my post that it was in older builds :) I can still land the standard air throw from a very high juggle, but they did tone down the air throw juggle follow up in the final build. I was kinda annoyed by it, but oh well. Tina is still decent and can dish out the damage.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It's really annoying that they took away her old guaranteed ground grabs and it's infuriating that now the opponent recovers before Tina in those situations. The first was a slap to the face, the second was a kick to the balls.

TRI Mike

Yeah it's really lame. 1K was one of my main tools, it guaranteed a ground throw EVEN IN DOA4 but now it's just a pressure tool to try and stun. She's still very strong imo just not exactly what we wanted.

Darth Lotonic X

Critical Burst Combos:

For damage reference, I used :7::P::P::P: for consistency purposes.

Lights/Mediums: :9::K: ,:6::P::P::6::K:,:8::P:,:2::F+P: 121 Damage

On walls you can do substitute :8::P: , :2::F+P: for :426::F+P: (126 Damage Plus Wall) on Lights and :F+P:(116 Damage) on Mediums.

:P+K: can used instead of :9::K: but it is somewhat inconsistent.

Heavies: :P+K:,:8::P:,:2::F+P: 102 Damage
On wall: :9::K:,:426::F+P: 105 Damage Plus Wall

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD