Tina General Thread

Koompbala

Most characters have a general thread. To throw random things in as time goes by. I noticed Tina doesn't have one. I found something new. I didn't know where to put this new found knowledge. I should've noticed this sooner really. But I don't use other characters that much. So yeah grab range is a thing in this game. Tina's punish throw has the most range out of her normal throws. This is the case for other characters 6T. I haven't tested everyone but I am going in order of character selection from left to right. The current list is as follows

Brad, Mila, Rig, Jann Lee, Zack, Busa Tina, Lisa, Akira, Bass, Lei Fang, Hayate, Nyo, Marie, Gen Fu, Ein, Rachael, and Leon.

These characters have extended range for their 6T. Which now that I look at it. A decent amount of the cast can do this. They did bayman dirty and didn't give him extra range for 4T. Anyway what good is this knowledge? Well I know whiff punishing with throws doesn't happen often. If the opportunity ever arises though. I say go for Tina's 6T rather than a stronger grab.

How I tested this? I did this against Kasumi's 6PP. So anyway Tina has been able to punish this shit. Since vanilla. 1.03 vanilla. So I never thought anything of it. I just assumed Tina had an edge for having a 6i throw and was able to punish Kasumi. Before she could fully retract her elbow. Fun fact no neutral throw can punish her elbow. Speed is not the factor here. I thought that till now. Conisidering it's -8 now. I'm like okay I'll try punishing this shit with others. I tried Kasumi that's a no go. So, then I was like okay Mila she's a brawling grappler. Despite having a 7i grab she can still punish it. Once I realized Tina and Mila could punish it. That just opened a can of worms.

Last edited:

PacManila

Is it just me, or does her :6::H+K: seem inconsistent in crushing wake-up kicks? I want to say it's my fault in timing, but more often then not I'll see :6::H+K: go straight through a wake-up kick, even in the middle of the WUK's animation where the active frames of her attack should be hitting it :confused:

Koompbala

It's inconsistent with me too. I incorporate the roll too. To give it more time and for safety purposes. I've been hit while in the 6H+K animation. I've also gone over low WUK's with it. But the invincibility frames for the opponent were still active so we both hit nothing. I do agree if I got enough time to go over the shit. I should be able to land 6H+K.

PacManila

Nice to see I'm not the only one then XD. I too have used the roll to help with timing and safety and have had my attack hit by the WUK, including lows. But aren't you left at a bigger disadvantage if :6::H+K: and the WUK both whiff? I don't recall ever being able to get a hit in first when both miss.

Koompbala

I believe so cause Tina has to initiate a full recovery from a move. While the opponent needs to only recover from doing a low which isn't much compared to Tina's 6H+K.

PacManila

I want to say that the situation is some kind of hitbox-hurtbox issue. :6::H+K: has a lot of active frames so whiffs on WUKs shouldn't be an issue. Hope they address this in LR.

Does anyone use different juggles to set up a FT situation? I've been trying to hammer in :6::P::P::6::K:, :2::P: in juggles starting from :9::K: or :3::3::P: launchers (:6::P::P::6::K:, :1::P: at higher stuns) in my play to set-up an option-select situation where you can FT them with :3_::P: if they stay down or threaten with said move if they do tech, giving you some mix-up opportunities. These set-ups are for middle weights.

Koompbala

I stick with the 6PPP into ground throw. The ground game is too random. It's been working for me though. I come back after my 8 month hiatus and have a whole room raging. Just today within a 2 hour span had 3 rage quits. Tina gets people really mad it's crazy.

PacManila

I do the same, though I'm really trying to incorporate the juggle I mentioned. The FT will work if they don't tech up and if you see them teching/ anticipate they are, you can omit :3_::P: to work with the small advantage you have from their tech.

6PPP to ground throw works really well on heavies and characters that you can threaten with :3_::P: because you're left at neutral from whiffed low throw if they tech, but not so well on characters like Christie or Jann who are faster than her at neutral.

Koompbala

I found out the game just reads it as 0. It's not actually 0 much like her 66P+K I'm pretty sure it varies going from -3 to +3. It's simple to understand. The higher the opponent is when you 6PPP the more advantage you have. The lower they are to the ground the less you have. I also stopped bitching about her 2P and just started using it again it's really working out. That 2P leaving you at 0 to setup FC 3P really nice. People freeze when they see it shits weird. So really I should be going for J.O.C more.

PacManila

Oh ok. That must be how Sly was able to get those numbers. I always thought the frames on whiffed ground throw would be the same regardless of the launch height after 6PPP. The times I tried it out in the lab, it felt like a "true neutral" since her jab was still getting beat by 9f jabs.

It's a shame that her 2P doesn't leave her at +1 like Rachel's or Leon's. Would be nice to have when going up against Christie to combat her 11f mid.

Koompbala

Oh ok. That must be how Sly was able to get those numbers. I always thought the frames on whiffed ground throw would be the same regardless of the launch height after 6PPP. The times I tried it out in the lab, it felt like a "true neutral" since her jab was still getting beat by 9f jabs.

It's a shame that her 2P doesn't leave her at +1 like Rachel's or Leon's. Would be nice to have when going up against Christie to combat her 11f mid.
Oh I didn't even know he researched that. Yeah that's just how frames work in general. The thing about frames is they aren't random at all. They're set in stone, but the thing is there is so many possibilities to them. Actually you know what? I posted about this in the vanilla days before my hiatus. Not this exact setup, but very similar her 8P. When it was good that is. I don't even use the shit anymore heh. Anyway when you were able to do it in a juggle. I vaguely remember mentioning you needed at the very least +16, or some shit. Otherwise the opponent could tech. You got more advantage if you did 8P the higher the opponent is and less the lower the opponent is. That same concept applies to 6PPP.

You know what honestly her 33P isn't bad for a starting move either. As I said before the shit crushes mids. I crushed Jann Lee's 6P at the start of the match. It crushes Kasumi's 6P but not her 4P don't bother with Christie's 6P that shit is too good. Will Crush Fu's 6P crushes Zacks 6P every time. Actually what's funny about that her 33P is so slow you can see him lean in for the 2nd elbow but just can't quite get it out in time. Also it will crush busa's 3P in open stance at 0 every time. I literally just found now talking with you. The shit is stance dependant on certain things. Well I just opened up a can of worms.

PacManila

^^I'll have to try that out thanks! Sly did good work on her regarding frames in her frame data thread. Check it out if you haven't already.

For 8P in juggles, I was aware that the higher launch gave her more + frames when they land, but didn't think that the launch height would factor in too much in 6PPP since it didn't look like the launch height would be maintained enough to matter.

The semi-hard knockdown from 8P does bring up an interesting situation when used early after a launch (and sometimes as an ender after 6PP6K depending on weight). The time to tech up ends up being delayed, meaning that even if they press :K: a little later, they end up teching instead of doing a WUK. The same situation also gives you a FT opportunity using 2P. If they stay down, 2P will hit them and may force them up if they're pressing buttons (if they don't tech you can follow with 6H+K to FT them after the 2P). If they do tech, you're still left at an advantage since 2P recovers quite quickly.

Koompbala

I am gonna revise my guide I just got so much shit to talk about. I'm working on anti character strats pretty much the whole 9 yards. I also will be having someone help me out from these forums. I lost my guide, but that's why I posted it here. Just a quick copy paste over to notepad and start revising. This latest guide though I thought I wouldn't have much to add, but I got a lot. I got a lot more to say now with this little time being back, but with the help of my friend. This will be more of a encyclopedia like a complete breakdown of her.

PacManila

Cool, looking forward to it.

Another thing I'm trying to integrate: BT K gives an unholdable stumble stun. Unfortunately, it does not truly guarantee anything at fastest SE, but it does give you a couple of options. One, following up with 6H+K will give you a free ground throw or FT opportunity with (3)P. This option is only escapable at the fastest SE, nothing less.

The second option is a frame trap using 46P. If you know they're good at SE'ing or you wait a little during the stun to give them just enough time to block, you can get +3-4 from the 46P on block.

Doa_Eater

Not much useful but correct me if i'm wrong and this is only if the opponent is in corner and you close to him but she gets a guarantee 4T and the quater circle back chain throw if the opponent guards 7K. Neutral and forward don't work because they are too fast for the animation.

Koompbala

Not much useful but correct me if i'm wrong and this is only if the opponent is in corner and you close to him but she gets a guarantee 4T and the quater circle back chain throw if the opponent guards 7K. Neutral and forward don't work because they are too fast for the animation.

Nah its not guaranteed just set the computers 2nd action to crouch. The math adds up, but they can duck during this +9. They just can't attack.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD