Tina's best moves

TRI Mike

Over the course of the months since the game has been out, I think I've used Tina the most (though my favorite is Helena. lol) and I used to play people like Doa_Eater and others from outside the site who were pretty good. We came up with some amazing CB set-ups, stuns, safe moves and even forced tech but we've never mentioned our favorite moves with her. So here's my personal top 10:

1) :6::P::P: and any of its enders. They're quick, easy ways to stun and lure a hold animation to throw or an easy launcher. It's unsafe in block though.
2) :9::K: is my favorite launcher with Tina. Seems fast and most people tend to fall for it quickly. Some of her best juggles are easier if we launch with this. Also unsafe in block at -8
3) :9::P::K: is a quick string that ends in a high kick laucher, it can also be changed to 9PP for mix-up purposes.
4) :4::6::P: Guard break for + frames, excellent range and good to start offensive against people who block a lot.
5):6::K::H+P: Nice throw guaranteed if the kick hits. It can also be done from 6PP6KH+P
6) WR :6::4::H+P: is her strongest standing grab. It can take 50% life bar in HCT by itself, excellent to punish holders
7) :426::H+P: Another amazing option for hold punishing, weaker than the WR one but easier to do.
8) :6::H+P::4::4: is great for punishing unsafe moves she might block.
9) :6::6::K: is great to cause wall slam and get in in open space, it's a little slow though.
10) :6::H+K: Great range, guarantees a ground grab or FT and it's safe.

Koompbala

In no order
1. 6P the string in general. Good for reason I don't need to state.
2. 46P a long range frame trap.
3. 6H+K Safe long range untechable.
4. 44P I love this move. Mid-High crush got safe follow ups. Puts the opponent in a deep stun and leaves her BT.
5. 8P I use this to much not to mention it. Used in juggles also used for force tech combos. Its used for guaranteed setups and launchers. Just a fantastic move.
6. 6T in general great punish and also good wall throw.
7. 426T love this grab 10 less dmg but great for those P grabs :)
8. WR 64T great for punishing those holds and awesome when you connect those dash J.O.Cyclones :D
9. 9K great launcher
10. That 66K gotta mention it for the occasional guaranteed setups. With it and awesome stun on hit.

Doa_Eater

8P I use this to much not to mention it. Used in juggles also used for force tech combos. Its used for guaranteed setups and launchers. Just a fantastic move.

Bingo!!! This is like my ultimate all time favorite always number one move for Tina, portraying the wonders and wrongs of the DOA5 game mechanics. On normal hit it gives a guarantee crouch throw, on stun its a sit down, its a juggle finisher and done a second time on flat even ground it's a guarantee tech that continues a neutral game pressure.

Koompbala

Bingo!!! This is like my ultimate all time favorite always number one move for Tina, portraying the wonders and wrongs of the DOA5 game mechanics. On normal hit it gives a guarantee crouch throw, on stun its a sit down, its a juggle finisher and done a second time on flat even ground it's a guarantee tech that continues a neutral game pressure.

I actually purposely left out the free low throw on NH. Its cause she doesn't get a free throw on NH. Didn't you find it strange that something that's +5 also gives her 33T a 5i grab for free too. Thing is if the opponent attacks. You don't get shit you get a frame trap at best. The opponent does nothing you get something like +6.

VF works like this too. Attacks that lead into free low throws. They will work if the opponent does nothing, but if they attack no low throw. Its not til you start reaching +10 territory is when you get a free grab. I believe both standing and crouch throws are i10 in that game.

Doa_Eater

I actually purposely left out the free low throw on NH. Its cause she doesn't get a free throw on NH. Didn't you find it strange that something that's +5 also gives her 33T a 5i grab for free too. Thing is if the opponent attacks. You don't get shit you get a frame trap at best. The opponent does nothing you get something like +6.

VF works like this too. Attacks that lead into free low throws. They will work if the opponent does nothing, but if they attack no low throw. Its not til you start reaching +10 territory is when you get a free grab. I believe both standing and crouch throws are i10 in that game.

Figures, if there's one DOA character that transfers well in the VF mechanics without going through much revision and still be somewhat balanced its Tina (there are others few but most would be batshit broken without overhaul)

Also for throws i like the back throw the best, yes its 8 frames but still good enough punish for most things not safe and the probability is high that you are using it to put the other player on the wall side or you to escape from it. Possible ground throw.

But really i hate the throw/hold system in general.

Koompbala

Figures, if there's one DOA character that transfers well in the VF mechanics without going through much revision and still be somewhat balanced its Tina (there are others few but most would be batshit broken without overhaul)

Also for throws i like the back throw the best, yes its 8 frames but still good enough punish for most things not safe and the probability is high that you are using it to put the other player on the wall side or you to escape from it. Possible ground throw.

But really i hate the throw/hold system in general.

Yeah I hear you a lot of moves can get punished by her 4T. Out of all the punishable moves on Tinas move list. I think there was only one that was exactly -8 (KP). So yeah very few moves require an exactly 7i grab.

Doa_Eater

Ultimate revamp Tina time

:8::P: The defacto Tina ultimate move, might or might not be the best, you can live or you can die without it. But this move is the alpha and omega.
:6::6::K: Ok for safety reasons i'll list the shoulder block next but this is imo this is also a good bait/snare move that originally it is -7 but on range it goes to -4. Very good combo starter that will probably give u a hi counter hit.
:4::6::P: Same as above and mentioned previously, a great frame trap that can go to +5 on block
:1::K: Best crusher, sidestep, tracking, lots of psuedo advantage, not often teched.
:9::P::K: Already mentioned above a great string launcher that in max stun threshold eliminates the need for a cb.
:4::K: My all time favorite, love the animation and the back turned options.
:6::K: Still good, doesn't build stun.
:7::K: In vanila i didn't played this move at all. But after getting a bit of an interest from the combo challenge and the supposed guarantee throw this might be her best single hit move. +9 on guard, good damage, has close hit, can be used in strings, is evaded on holds and has a psuedo tech with :8::P: that puts her in +19 or :1::P: (a bit sketchy timing) +24
:6::6::P::P: With the new bound, the new ground game and the mix ups that this natural combo offers, it is a pure ecstasy. Great on wall bounce also if u know your hit enders
:2::P+K: Yes the roll. Good for baiting holds, on heavy stun threshold the punch gives a massive bounce that works as a launch juggle and with the new air throw it gives plus 5 damage with the :6::P::P::6::K: (no heavyweights) The scissor kick has a guard break with the roll. Funfact lol!

Ok that's 10 i think.

Last edited:

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-I agreed with everything you stated except for this. Who the hell needs stun build up, when she gets one of the most powerful option selects from it! Lol. The opponent is Forced to Critical Hold to escape its follow-up. If an escape occur, she gets one of the most damaging throw punishment in the game! Due to that fact, it is more than likely your opponent will just eat the hit throw follow-up. With that being said, this opens up the door for :3::3::K: and :h:+:K:(with additional juggle damage) to be used as follow-ups. This places your opponent in a rock and a hard place! Eat the follow-up hit throw, Guess and Defensive hold due to the possible threat of there not being a hit throw follow-up being used, while also facing looming doom of Tina's J.O.Cyclone throw punishment!

Doa_Eater

-I agreed with everything you stated except for this. Who the hell needs stun build up, when she gets one of the most powerful option selects from it! Lol. The opponent is Forced to Critical Hold to escape its follow-up. If an escape occur, she gets one of the most damaging throw punishment in the game! Due to that fact, it is more than likely your opponent will just eat the hit throw follow-up. With that being said, this opens up the door for :3::3::K: and :h:+:K:(with additional juggle damage) to be used as follow-ups. This places your opponent in a rock and a hard place! Eat the follow-up hit throw, Guess and Defensive hold due to the possible threat of there not being a hit throw follow-up being used, while also facing looming doom of Tina's J.O.Cyclone throw punishment!

So we agree with this that it's in the circle of Tina's best moves? And that's exactly what i meant to say, we dont want stun build up. The thing i was meant to imply but didnt is that from a natural combo like :6::P::P::6::K: and then used :6::K: , the move will not reset the stun threshold, now in vanilla the heavy stun would allow CB to connect, here resetting the stun game basically forces u to do more mix ups which is a good thing. Also your discovery!

OolongTea

:8::P: The defacto Tina ultimate move, might or might not be the best, you can live or you can die without it. But this move is the alpha and omega.
:6::6::K: Ok for safety reasons i'll list the shoulder block next but this is imo this is also a good bait/snare move that originally it is -7 but on range it goes to -4. Very good combo starter that will probably give u a hi counter hit.
:4::6::P: Same as above and mentioned previously, a great frame trap that can go to +5 on block
:1::K: Best crusher, sidestep, tracking, lots of psuedo advantage, not often teched.
:9::P::K: Already mentioned above a great string launcher that in max stun threshold eliminates the need for a cb.
:4::K: My all time favorite, love the animation and the back turned options.
:7::K: In vanila i didn't played this move at all. But after getting a bit of an interest from the combo challenge and the supposed guarantee throw this might be her best single hit move. +9 on guard, good damage, has close hit, can be used in strings, is evaded on holds and has a psuedo tech with :8::P: that puts her in +19 or :1::P: (a bit sketchy timing) +24
:6::6::P::P: With the new bound, the new ground game and the mix ups that this natural combo offers, it is a pure ecstasy. Great on wall bounce also if u know your hit enders
:2::P+K: Yes the roll. Good for baiting holds, on heavy stun threshold the punch gives a massive bounce that works as a launch juggle and with the new air throw it gives plus 5 damage with the :6::P::P::6::K: (no heavyweights) The scissor kick has a guard break with the roll. Funfact lol!

Ok that's 10 i think.

It's pretty much my list also :D
Honorable mentions to:

:4::4::P: (I still end up using :4::K: much more, tho)
:1::P:
:3_::P:
:K::P: limbo stunning like a boss
Dat Ass!

@Eater - I think I love the :2::P+K: more than you do! :p I condition my opponents with this. They will take some :K: followups (and dat FT after) and then start blocking/holding and that's when the J.O.C comes out of the roll, shattering all their hopes and dreams >:D
About the :7::K: I also like this move, but I can't get your followups to connect properly. I'm using this to keep pressuring, like after a FT or :1::K: CH. Is the :8::P: followup hard to escape?

@virtuaPAI can you give us some insight and secret techniques for :7::K: , CH :1::K: and :8::K:? :D

Also, isn't the :4::F+P: better than the :6: one for punishing? You kinda get the almost guaranteed ground throw afterwards.

Last edited:

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
So we agree with this that it's in the circle of Tina's best moves?
-Pretty much!

@virtuaPAI can you give us some insight and secret techniques for :7::K: , CH :1::K: and :8::K:? :D[/quote]
-I currently have no insight on said moves.

Also, isn't the :4::F+P: better than the :6: one for punishing? You kinda get the almost guaranteed ground throw afterwards.[/quote]
- Are you talking about :4::h:+:P: vs :6::h:+:P:? If So :4::h:+:P: would be better for punishment since it deals more damage!

Doa_Eater

About the :7::K: I also like this move, but I can't get your followups to connect properly. I'm using this to keep pressuring, like after a FT or :1::K: CH. Is the :8::P: followup hard to escape?

It is not guarantee, and i mean even the ground throw is not guarantee, the move is tech recoverable, it is just a psuedo guess depending on who your opponent is, if they tech a lot give them a frankenstainer or a rodeo hold.

I mentioned :8::P: as best and :1::P: but i'm also missing whiffing a lot with it in training, that's why i noted sketchy. :P+K: also gives +19 on advantage but 27 frames is too much. And i'm still baffled at the oki game in general and don't know how this move, exactly just this move :7::K: is the one move that her :3_::P: whiffs completely. Also dont recommend using :1::K: or :6::K+H: +10 is just not worth it at this stage of the game, u are completely open on wiff. Tried :2::P: the crouch punch may come out if u are fast enough but it wont hit.

TN needs to remove the tech option from this move in the coming patch. It's going to be the best buff ever.

OolongTea

@Eater, the problem with :8::P: and :1::P: after :7::K: is because they will only hit if your opponent stops to contemplate his existence for a few moments :p even if they are mashing it won't hit. After some testing, the only thing that will hit them 8/10 when they are mashing anything is the :2::P: down attack for mediocre damage and no advantage I think.
But this move... there's something else to it, or at least I want to believe so lol
I was asking @virtuaPAI for some insight because there may be some nasty setups, like :K:(whiff):P: with the right timing sometimes will hit them on the side -edit: it doesn't, lol. just a weird camera angle as they circle around you-. At least we can be sure that they can't hit buttons at all or basically anything you do will CH them.

Last edited:

PacManila

When I land 7K, I usually just go for the pseudo FT option with 8P. If they decide to tech, 8P will whiff, but you're still at a pretty good advantage since they're still recovering from get up. That's when you can start mixing them up with WR 3P, a low, throws, etc. Especially those who like to attack right away after teching, WR 3P will put them in a stun situation.

Doa_Eater

I was asking @virtuaPAI for some insight because there may be some nasty setups, like :K:(whiff):P: with the right timing sometimes will hit them on the side -edit: it doesn't, lol. just a weird camera angle as they circle around you-. At least we can be sure that they can't hit buttons at all or basically anything you do will CH them.

Now this is some good thinking semi vortex possibility right here.

OolongTea

It was just a weird camera angle lol :( But I won't give up :p
Funny thing tho is that moves that shouldn't track will follow their tech perfectly, like 7P if you delay it a bit. Others won't track at all
Pac was explaining to me that 8P after 7K is a pseudo force tech, like, if they tech you still get some advantage anyway to keep pressuring. I could never get advantage with it tho, it was always anywhere from -3 to -8, usually -6 or -8

Doa_Eater

It was just a weird camera angle lol :( But I won't give up :p
Funny thing tho is that moves that shouldn't track will follow their tech perfectly, like 7P if you delay it a bit. Others won't track at all
Pac was explaining to me that 8P after 7K is a pseudo force tech, like, if they tech you still get some advantage anyway to keep pressuring. I could never get advantage with it tho, it was always anywhere from -3 to -8, usually -6 or -8

Yup those are the numbers that i'm getting -3 and -8.

Initially i had an idea that with that falling animation that the characters have Tina might have time for her 14 frames 4k to be used as tech move and then on to 4p but no, it doesn't work.

She needs less recovery time from execution on hit, meaning she has to stand up faster from the einziguri. This goes for the pkt eiziguri as well, they need to remove 5 to 10 recovery frames there also.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD