DOA5LR Tina's Requisition Form

Lulu

Introduction

So here are a series of changes I would like for Tina.... that will probably never see the light of day because Team Ninja is PreOccupied with Something Far More Important. But hey... you never know.

The changes listed below are not to give Tina's faster or safer moves nor are they meant to give her guarantees..... They are to strengthen her already existing playstyle of forcing The Opponent to Guess.

Damage:

No Changes.... Infact feel free to Nerf Anything in this Department in exchange for Buffing Anything in the other Departments.

Speed:

:3_::P::P: - Increase delay By 10 Frames

BT :4::P::P: - Increase Delay by 5 Frames.

:236::P: - Reduce Start Up by 5 Frames, Increase Recovery by 10 Frames.

Reach:

:3::3::K: - Slightly increase Reach

:4::6::h: - Reduce Seperation Distance

:6::7::h: - Greatly Reduce Seperation Distance

:4::4::H+P: - Greatly Reduce Seperation Distance

Advantage:

6H/7H vs. Jump Kick - Reduce Move Recovery by 10 Frames.

:4::6::h: - Reduce Advantage by 1 Frame

:4::4::H+P: - Reduce Advantage by 2 Frames

Move and Hit Status Effects:

:4::K: - Come On.... Change it back !!!

:6::4::6::H+P+K: - Slightly increase Knock Back effect.

:3::3::K: - Remove Wall Hit Effect.

:2::K::P: - Change Hit Status from Knock Down to Exaggerated Bound on Counter Hit.

Back Turned :P+K: - Add more Jump Frames to the Beggining of this move.

Back Turned :4::K: - Change Hit Status from Stun to Long Bound on Counter Hit.

Critical Damage:

Increase Critical Limit by one point... if not then:
:3::K::K: - Reduce Critical Damage of 2nd :K: by one point

BackTurned :P: - Reduce Critical Damage by one point

BackTurned :K: - Reduce Critical Damage by one point.

Input Commands:
:6::6::P+K: - Adjust the Input Detection... its too sensitive (Do the same for Brad Wong)

Switch :426::H+P: with :3_::6::4::H+P:. Why ?....because the original :426::H+P: is useless..... infact remove that throw all together. Its wasting potential.

Miscellaneous:
:4::6::[H+P]: - Add ability to cancel into Taunt..... just for fun.

Conclusion:

Tina's got alot of Pointless Moves that don't seem to have a purpose beyond a weaker Version of something else.... might aswell get rid of them and focus on the stuff that matters. Hopefully they will fix this in DoA6.

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
:426::H+P: is useless..... infact remove that throw all together. Its wasting potential.
Useless?! It's her only throw I use. Bait a hold and look at that damage! It's great for people coming out of longer stuns, even if they don't counter and you catch them on the frame they're recovered while blocking. People hate this throw because of me.

Lulu

Useless?! It's her only throw I use. Bait a hold and look at that damage! It's great for people coming out of longer stuns, even if they don't counter and you catch them on the frame they're recovered while blocking. People hate this throw because of me.

Well no move is completely useless in isolation.... I compare that throw with all her other throws. Guess which throw is like The fisherman's buster but does more damage ?

GarryJaune

Just change 4k back and reduce 5P start-up to 10f,I may pick up this girl as my main character again
for now,she's still a good character having fun though...but in high level games,she sucks:(

Tenro

she only "sucks" in high level games because there never hasn't been any demonstration of this character's performance at high lvls until recently . big thanks to players like nashfan to at least have us see this character on tourney lvls .

as far as the buff options are considered i think she only needs the following 3 :-
1. buff 4 6 p and 236k's range with a constant advantage of atleast + 3 if not more .
2. buff the 33k's range
3. adjust the hitbox of her forward p . sometimes misses even when u sit in opponent's face .

even with the first 2 mods , im pretty sure she would easily swoop up in the middle mid tier of a character. but this talk of tiers is everybody's own opinion until someone starts whooping ass with her lol.

oh and i forgot 1 more thing , would somebody tell me how this babe used to be in earlier DOA games ? idk because DOA 5 is my 1st FG ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
46P into +3 would be doubtful, not sure why it would be a thing seeing as Leon has a similar 46P and his isn't grand on advantage, he's a slightly slower character to boot.

GarryJaune

well I guess another plan is change Tina‘s weight to super heavy,If do so,nothing else need be changed

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Tina super heavy? that is definitely not possible lol. Like the thought of it will not even happen since her weight is close to other characters. If they increased her weight it would lead to large amounts of questions.

Nyotengu I can understand due to the overall character, wings etc. but Tina? not sure about that one. I mean, not against it but I just don't see it happening on both a realistic scale and competitive scale.

GarryJaune

Tina super heavy? that is definitely not possible lol. Like the thought of it will not even happen since her weight is close to other characters. If they increased her weight it would lead to large amounts of questions.

Nyotengu I can understand due to the overall character, wings etc. but Tina? not sure about that one. I mean, not against it but I just don't see it happening on both a realistic scale and competitive scale.
yeah ur right and I know it,I'm just "think" about it ,after all TN won't give a sh*t :cool:

Giannola

well I guess another plan is change Tina‘s weight to super heavy,If do so,nothing else need be changed
I think super heavy is highly unlikely. It would make more sense if they were going to change her weight to give her helenas weight, being heavier than the average midweight. But even that seems unlikely to me.

Tenro

that will hardly change anything . helena still eats good damage because she is still a midwt regardless . and being heavywt just means taking a little damage and in case ppl wonder why rachel is a heavy wt , it's because A. she's not human B. she enough strength to lift someone like bass with just one hand by their head lol . tina's strong but she is human afterall . nobody beats momma rachel :)

even if tina doesn't get any real buff just changing the range of that shoulder tackle will change her range game completely . i m not asking to make it like hayabusa's 234 p but atleast give it a range equivalent to 2.5 m . it's currently 2.15m if i remember correctly.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's not to say that she isn't allowed to have it, but the thought of it is not something where she "needs" it. Its the unlikelyhood of actually getting those changes since I'm pretty sure she can play without them. Not against the advantage change, but its the thought of it if she truly needs them. I'm sure we can all find ways to buff Tina, however in TN's case, they'll likely say "Do a different move or play diiferently." Which to some sense of degree, they are not exactly quite wrong either.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD