6k - good against button mashers
8k - high crush launcher
2p - safe low, creates distance
66k - safe mid, good stun
6t - frame advantage
426t - nice damage; can scare opponents into low holding
7p / 9p / 4p+k - can make opponents do dumb things

Intelligent Alpha

Any strat against throw-whores? By this I mean, those of whom are pissed! I had this happen to me in the second fight of two (I won the first easily). Plus, that rag-doll throw, does she need it in the air, too? Btw, can that wind gust be held indefinitely? I get alot of that, too. Good Keepaway/Zoning tool, but it's also ridiculous to keep charged if the opponent is not or will not move!

TekkenBlackBelt

Any strat against throw-whores? By this I mean, those of whom are pissed! I had this happen to me in the second fight of two (I won the first easily). Plus, that rag-doll throw, does she need it in the air, too? Btw, can that wind gust be held indefinitely? I get alot of that, too. Good Keepaway/Zoning tool, but it's also ridiculous to keep charged if the opponent is not or will not move!

The wind gust you can mid punch hold but it's gonna parry the wind and leave Tengu at a major disadvantage. If your character is fast enough to run up and punish after you "parry" the Wind gust then your good but no tengu would be dumb enough to use wind gust so close IMO.

Intelligent Alpha

The wind gust you can mid punch hold but it's gonna parry the wind and leave Tengu at a major disadvantage. If your character is fast enough to run up and punish after you "parry" the Wind gust then your good but no tengu would be dumb enough to use wind gust so close IMO.

That's interesting, but yeah, most tengus I face are full screen when they do that!

synce

Sorry not sure what you mean by throw whore... are you getting thrown a lot? If someone's in your face as Tengu you can use 2P to get some breathing room. 4P+K is a good mixup especially in lag, although definitely don't use it if they're in range to attack

BTW let me also add to the list the #1 worst move: her ground throw. You will never, ever, eeeeeeeeeeeever land it unless it's guaranteed (and the only good way to guarantee it is 3T). 99.99% of the time you will get hi-counter hit out of it, even if opponent lays there for an eternity. I can't believe TN animated 6 completely useless throws

Intelligent Alpha

Sorry not sure what you mean by throw whore... are you getting thrown a lot? If someone's in your face as Tengu you can use 2P to get some breathing room. 4P+K is a good mixup especially in lag, although definitely don't use it if they're in range to attack

BTW let me also add to the list the #1 worst move: her ground throw. You will never, ever, eeeeeeeeeeeever land it unless it's guaranteed (and the only good way to guarantee it is 3T). 99.99% of the time you will get hi-counter hit out of it, even if opponent lays there for an eternity. I can't believe TN animated 6 completely useless throws

I tick throw! I don't throw ticks! Tick throwing implies that there's an element of setting up a throw - aka block pressure strings! But, fme, here's this garbage, I see alot of:

"I can't hit him, so I'll throw him!" Not after a few strikes, but it's like they try to break their skulls beating it against a brick-wall before they realize: "Oh, I can throw!" It makes no damn sense how I can intentionally neutral guard and move around the entire arena multiple times before I am thrown! A new player, I understand because I actually teach them to throw by blocking on purpose!

But yeah, that second fight, I had against a Nyotengu player, that's what happened! He forgot she had throws or maybe he thought I was stupid. Either way, I was thrown around like a rag-doll! Look, I throw alot, too, but it's not out of spite - that is my game! You should expect that especially when you read my titles! Oh, the joy of exploiting for the sake of exploiting!

But wow! These one-dimensional gimmicky characters (Alpha included), that's sad!! (Did I mention, how Nyotengu has the same move multiple times: Rag Doll Toss: Ground, Air, Counter and it may be somewhere else. That's right on par with Momiji having an air + ground PB (This far exceeds Alpha's three Critical Blasts, just to put things in perspective!)

Chapstick

But wow! These one-dimensional gimmicky characters (Alpha included), that's sad!! (Did I mention, how Nyotengu has the same move multiple times: Rag Doll Toss: Ground, Air, Counter and it may be somewhere else. That's right on par with Momiji having an air + ground PB (This far exceeds Alpha's three Critical Blasts, just to put things in perspective!)
? How does this far exceed having 3 different CB's that all require different holds? I'm not sure I understand what you mean

Intelligent Alpha

? How does this far exceed having 3 different CB's that all require different holds? I'm not sure I understand what you mean

You don't get the same animations with Alpha's bursts: :6::6::P:, she floats; :3::K: & :4::P+K:, those are obvious (the former is ayane's, the latter, kasumi's), both with her still on the floor.

Nyotengu's Rag Doll Toss: What's different other than how to get it or it's slight elevation? Please, don't think I'm saying Nyu is a bad character, I'm not, but compared to her, the established grapplers (alpha, too) don't have animations like that (except Bass with his powerbombs, but that expected with him)

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
can that wind gust be held indefinitely?

If you're asking if she can keep it "charging" forever, then yes.

let me also add to the list the #1 worst move: her ground throw. You will never, ever, eeeeeeeeeeeever land it unless it's guaranteed (and the only good way to guarantee it is 3T). 99.99% of the time you will get hi-counter hit out of it, even if opponent lays there for an eternity. I can't believe TN animated 6 completely useless throws

I believe it's also guaranteed after 4T to an opponent's back and 6T to an opponent's back.

Also, Codemaster mentioned a possible setup with the ground throw here.

Chapstick

You don't get the same animations with Alpha's bursts: :6::6::P:, she floats; :3::K: & :4::P+K:, those are obvious (the former is ayane's, the latter, kasumi's), both with her still on the floor.

Nyotengu's Rag Doll Toss: What's different other than how to get it or it's slight elevation? Please, don't think I'm saying Nyu is a bad character, I'm not, but compared to her, the established grapplers (alpha, too) don't have animations like that (except Bass with his powerbombs, but that expected with him)
I thought you meant the things Momiji and Nyotengu had you mentioned were better than Alpha's 3 CB's. Also I believe Alpha's 66P is Kasumi's PPPPP/3PPP/6PP/PP6PP/3P+KP elbow

Intelligent Alpha

I thought you meant the things Momiji and Nyotengu had you mentioned were better than Alpha's 3 CB's. Also I believe Alpha's 66P is Kasumi's PPPPP/3PPP/6PP/PP6PP/3P+KP elbow

I meant that in terms of the usual anti-Alpha reasoning. "3CBs!" while most of the cast has one or two and most are of one type - I should say, there's one many players opt for. (Just starting out with Alpha - the :mid::P: or :mid::K: if you're kick happy. The :high: - :6::6::P: is found probably messing around) The remaining cast is mostly :mid::P: with exceptions obviously.

Three different ways for the same grab? (and I don't mean setting it up.) A bit much?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Against Kasumi this topic hardly exists. I mean I guess 8K if she's smack dab right there and is doing her 9 frame jab. But then she will just switch to another move, I mean it's not hard. lol

Tenryuga

Only one person gave their top 10. Here is mine

P - 14i and massive range. The strings in this are very good when it lands on NH and she has some options on block as well. Imo this is her best whiff punisher.

P+K - Main counterpoke.

2PP - semi-safe unseeable stunning low that creates space.

7P, 7K, 4P+K, 9P hiten cancel - All tools to setup whiff punish scenarios.

6P - Main mid poke.

6T - Frame advantage.

6K- massive range and crushes highs.

TekkenBlackBelt

Most of the players I face just lay their =|. If they don't tech at the right time I'm ground throwing all day lol.

Intelligent Alpha

Most of the players I face just lay their =|. If they don't tech at the right time I'm ground throwing all day lol.

Bass, Tina, Leon, Bayman, Female Tengu! lol I mean, players who are mad, not stupid! Speaking of which, I fought this dude who was Jacky (who combo-fooked me), so, I pissed him off neutral blocking! This mofo just kept hitting me - get this: no lows! I left! Now, these players can certainly become throw-whores afterwards, but they're frustration throws, not due to system/mechanics acknowledgment! This happens alot (to me anyway)

That's what I mean, but yeah, I find them too! (There's a word for that!)

Codemaster92163

P+K - Crushes most mid high-crushes, stuns on NH, extremely fast

6K - May lose effectiveness at some point when people learn to react to it, but a great high-crushing GB with phenomenal range and a guaranteed followup near a wall

2P - Fast low, knocks people out of stun to follow up with a throw. Has a second low attached to it that carries the stun

8K - High crushing launch, leads to decent damage on a CH launch and serves her pretty well

H+K - Tracking mid launch with high damage potential. Arguably her best launch

1P+K - Not to be thrown out all of the time, but its range is superb, making it an excellent whiff punish

9P - Causes people to instantly react and mash most of the time, letting you close the gap as well as transition into Hiten and use P+K for some decent damage. Also incredibly useful for getting to an opponents back which leads to a ton of guaranteed damage.

4P - Not likely to find a better move on both hit and block. Serves as a tracking GB with great followups on block as well as a heavy stun with even better followups on hit.

66K - Safe mid poke with a transition into Hiten on hit. What else needs to be said?

6T/41236T/HitenT - One is a decent throw punish, one gives excellent damage with ceiling abuse, and the other is great to catch counter spammers after entering Hiten or for throwing whiffed hits.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

I would like to replace :9::P: with her standing jab as one of her top 10 moves. It's amazing when used at the proper range.

Standing jab is ridiculous for both whiff punishment and closing gaps due to the strings. I abuse it a bit too much though so people like to toss random lows out when I'm at mid to far range haha.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD