Two other things I REALLY hope they change with DOA5U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

1) Get rid of the godawful rap in the online menu.
2) Go back to the DOA signature horizontal "Sleek" menus. Yaknow, blue and silver, metallic, clean. As opposed to the hilariously ugly red and black "dirty and grungy" vertical menus in DOA5.

Or am I the only one who wants these changes?

CFW

What's so wrong with the music? I like it, it's gets me in the mood to actually play the game.

Sam Sultan

I agree about the music i turned the music off totally just to not hear that rap every time i start the game. About the menus though i don't think they will change that all to much since in the demo of DOA5U the menu is the same with some minor changes.

Also i could care less about the menus as long as the game is good.

Argentus

What's so wrong with the music? I like it, it's gets me in the mood to actually play the game.

I've never found rap to be good "fight" music. The main menu classic DOA music gets me pumped up, like a preshow, but then the rap kicks in and kills the mood.

Its why I usually just turn off the music when I play.

Argentus

So rap is noise? Lmao.

No, just most of it, and specifically, what plays during the DOA5 online menus.

I've heard some good rap (mostly older stuff), but stuff like this is just noise.

Plus, like I said, its hard for me to think of rap as "fight music". I forever associate rap with kids trying to look tough just standing around or showing off their cars and "cribs". Or guys who just flat have no idea what they are doing (like holding a gun "gangsta style" sideways, which makes firing the gun really inaccurate) Its just basically been imprinted as "music for wannabes and posers" to me.

Rock is good fight music (hence the old aerosmith openings being awesome). Techno can be good fight music (good chunk of the character themes). Rap? Not so much, really. I've seen fights go better with classical music than with rap. Again though, I've heard some rap which makes for good fight music. But what they have isn't one of em.

Sam Sultan

No, just most of it, and specifically, what plays during the DOA5 online menus.

I've heard some good rap (mostly older stuff), but stuff like this is just noise.

Plus, like I said, its hard for me to think of rap as "fight music". I forever associate rap with kids trying to look tough just standing around or showing off their cars and "cribs". Or guys who just flat have no idea what they are doing (like holding a gun "gangsta style" sideways, which makes firing the gun really inaccurate) Its just basically been imprinted as "music for wannabes and posers" to me.

Rock is good fight music (hence the old aerosmith openings being awesome). Techno can be good fight music (good chunk of the character themes). Rap? Not so much, really. I've seen fights go better with classical music than with rap. Again though, I've heard some rap which makes for good fight music. But what they have isn't one of em.

Rap is not about melody or harmony its about rhythm and bass and it can certainly be a good fighting music. Rap is about two beats interacting with each other and performing this beautiful dance of music. One beat being the beat that you hear in the background and the other being the voice of the raper.
I can understand if you don't like the music because you don't know how it works but don't call it noise just because you don't get it that is just ignorant. In the song in the DOA5 menu however the two beats do nothing to compliment each other or work with each other they are just being played at the same time while true rap requires the artists to use his voice and words to interact with the beat and play with it. Also rap uses rhymes and a clever way to rhyme words even when they don't rhyme by putting pauses in between one word for example: communism -> com - munism

"so i tryed this new political view com
munism and it makes me come
and hit them"

Notice that im using the com part to rhyme with come by putting it on the end of the sentence.
There are much more ways of doing this but that song of DOA5 is just amateurs with no clue of what they are doing and just picked a beat and wrote some text that rhymes with no interaction with the beat so. But that is not what rap is rap is way more complicated than that so don't call it noise better yet don't call any music noise if you don't get it.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Good thing the option to change the music for Online menus is going to be in 5 Ultimate (along with character music and stage music choices just like in 5+).

As for menu looks they look fine to me, could be worse.

Ghosty-J

The only two things I'm hoping for at the moment is if they remove that stupid 50% health limit for Power Launchers. They're extremely impractical as they are now since we already have Power Blows for dishing out big damage. The other thing being, well, another stage that's actually big and interactive like the stages from the previous DoAs. Or Aerial Gardens, but that's just wishful thinking.

With all due respect, you are SURELY mistaken...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hey kids! My name is Awesmic, and I have an interesting story to tell. Folks know me as a Christie player with an actual blow-up doll molded in her image, but very few know my music tastes. For the record, I'm what you call an eclectic. But I mostly listen to videogame music as of late. Because of this, politicians like Lieberman forever associate me with being responsible for destroying the civilization of our youth. Now if you ask me, that is far from the truth. Folks like us, if anything, teach you motor skills, quick decision-making, and reading comprehension.

That said, stereotyping is wrong, and as for the topic itself, it wasn't needed, and should be moved to the bigger thread in relation. #mytwocents

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I miss the ability to play my own BGM via the xbox. I had some sweet play lists.

Edit: Let's be honest, this is a great feature because everyone has their own opinion when it comes to good music. It's the only way to please everyone!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This thread should honestly be locked lol. Oh & major props to Ghosty-J, Awesmic Sam Sultan except you left out that it's also a way of artists to express themselves & their backgrounds as well as everybody that can relate to their songs .They all get it. That's all.

S

SolemnSaturn

Only thing that I can say about DOA5 songs that are bad. That rap music comes in first place.

Ghosty-J

If the music options are in from 5+ you'll be able to disable or change it :)
Thankfully the option is there. Now what 'm crossing my fingers for is that they pull a VF5FS and include all of the music from the previous games and not just the DoA4 tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD