Ugh I hate Youtube Milas...

Argentus

I play her as a grappler, and I know not everyone does. In fact, most people play her as a straight boxer/striker.

But what irritates the hell out of me is, I'll ground and pound the hell out of someone, and they try to tell me I don't know how to use Mila, I'm no good with her, all I do is spam grab, etc, they'll show me "how to use her".

So they proceed to pick her and just do standard stun juggles. They obviously know nothing about her as they are completely unable to land any of her attacks, they don't know the timing of any of her charge moves or grapples, or how to do anything technical with her. But they think that they are awesome with her because they learned how to do some long guaranteed damage combos off a youtube video/stream.

And its just sad. Sad because sure if they hit the stun i get juggled, but they are COMPLETELY UNABLE to cope with any of Mila's tools, used for or against them. Try to do the mount and they don't know the timing so I break out every time. Try to do her charge kick but don't know the timing so it backfires. Don't know any of her feints, takedown setups, crushes, nothing.

Literally ALL they know how to do is poke for stuns, and a couple juggles. (which sadly, due to the way DOA works, is all they NEED to know when you just want a win.)

And yet they have the balls to say I'M the one who doesn't know anything about her. Seriously?

An equivalent is Tinas who just spam her spinning low jab to set up combos, but don't know how to actually grapple or use her heavy moves.

Last edited:

Intelligent Alpha

Sadly, the whole game is "Oh, look what I learned from YT!" Like that Cheez It slogan: "Get your own (damn) box!" Shush though. Those deal with it or learn to play folks are going to show up! lol

Argentus

Sadly, the whole game is "Oh, look what I learned from YT!" Like that Cheez It slogan: "Get your own (damn) box!" Shush though. Those deal with it or learn to play folks are going to show up! lol
Sadly thats all fighting games are. Very little focus on fighting, its mostly just who can set up their combo first.

Anytime I hear/see someone say "They're awesome! He's/she's got combos for days!" I wanna tear their jaw off and ram it up their ass, because its that mentality is part of why the FGC is a total joke.

And yeah, I know they are lol. I just do my best to ignore them.

Devilreaper

Sadly thats all fighting games are. Very little focus on fighting, its mostly just who can set up their combo first.

Anytime I hear/see someone say "They're awesome! He's/she's got combos for days!" I wanna tear their jaw off and ram it up their ass, because its that mentality is part of why the FGC is a total joke.

And yeah, I know they are lol. I just do my best to ignore them.
Just defeat them a few times and watch them rage. Its so much fun..

Argentus

Doesn't matter how you play a character. What matters is that you win.

It seems to me that this is just another thread with Argentus decrying stuns and combos in games.

^*didn't read first post*

Just defeat them a few times and watch them rage. Its so much fun..
Mostly because beating them is what got them to try to "outmila" me, then easily taking them down again because they don't know how to use Mila lol.

Yusuke Urameshi

Doing combos and optimizing damage is a part of fighting games. There are Optimal combos that do optimal damage. That's why people use those combos. You can play however you want mind you, but don't get mad when you get smashed by somebody who knows what they're doing and uses all the characters tools.

Argentus

Doing combos and optimizing damage is a part of fighting games. There are Optimal combos that do optimal damage. That's why people use those combos. You can play however you want mind you, but don't get mad when you get smashed by somebody who knows what they're doing and uses all the characters tools.
Ah, I see you too did not read the first post lol.

Bolded is key to topic.

The issue was that people were just learning some combos off YouTube and Streams, but not bothering to actually learn the characters at all. And yet try to to tell me, that I don't know how to use her, just because I don't do big combos. And then they get bodied because all they know is the combos, only winning if they get lucky enough to land them, but they don't learn, because they think combos are all there is to the game.

Yusuke Urameshi

Ah, I see you too did not read the first post lol.

Bolded is key to topic.

The issue was that people were just learning some combos off YouTube and Streams, but not bothering to actually learn the characters at all. And yet try to to tell me, that I don't know how to use her, just because I don't do big combos. And then they get bodied because all they know is the combos, only winning if they get lucky enough to land them, but they don't learn, because they think combos are all there is to the game.
People use Youtube to learn. It goes back to what I said about optimizing damage. once you learn the optimized ones, there isn't a real reason to use other ones. You're basically complaining about people using combos, and if you were "bodying" people left and right you wouldn't have made this thread. And you obviously DON'T know how to use the character if you only use one aspect of her game. You have a very scrubby mindset my friend.

YoshioKST

Why Argentus?

I mean, I understand what you're saying, what I'm saying is, it fills me with glee when I get their hatemail. Especially Mila-specific hatemail. Don't hate it, enjoy it! :D

Argentus

People use Youtube to learn. It goes back to what I said about optimizing damage. once you learn the optimized ones, there isn't a real reason to use other ones. You're basically complaining about people using combos, and if you were "bodying" people left and right you wouldn't have made this thread. And you obviously DON'T know how to use the character if you only use one aspect of her game. You have a very scrubby mindset my friend.
Again, no.

1). I'm complaining about people trying to tell me they know to use my character better than me, when its blatantly obvious that they don't know how to use or deal with any of her tools.

2). Just trying to rely solely on optimized damage combos does nothing except make you very easy to read, which is a BAD thing to be in DOA. Its that scrubby mindset that I'm talking about. Just knowing a couple top damage combos does not equate to knowing the character.

I know how to use and utilize all of her tools. They know literally nothing about Mila, save for two or three setups they found on YouTube. Its downright insulting that they even try to say that I'm the one who doesn't know how to use the character .

Don't be a scrub, pay attention to more than just if someone won or lost.

Why Argentus?

I mean, I understand what you're saying, what I'm saying is, it fills me with glee when I get their hatemail. Especially Mila-specific hatemail. Don't hate it, enjoy it! :D

I just hate idiotic hypocrisy. I do get a kick out of people calling me a "grab spammer" when they don't understand that I'm using holds, and feints, not grabs lol.

Yusuke Urameshi

Again, no.

1). I'm complaining about people trying to tell me they know to use my character better than me, when its blatantly obvious that they don't know how to use or deal with any of her tools.

2). Just trying to rely solely on optimized damage combos does nothing except make you very easy to read, which is a BAD thing to be in DOA. Its that scrubby mindset that I'm talking about. Just knowing a couple top damage combos does not equate to knowing the character.

I know how to use and utilize all of her tools. They know literally nothing about Mila, save for two or three setups they found on YouTube. Its downright insulting that they even try to say that I'm the one who doesn't know how to use the character .

Don't be a scrub, pay attention to more than just if someone won or lost.

I just hate idiotic hypocrisy. I do get a kick out of people calling me a "grab spammer" when they don't understand that I'm using holds, and feints, not grabs lol.
Winning and losing is what matters though. If you're losing and complaining about people doing combos on you maybe the issue is you? You honestly sound like you're new to fighters as a whole. In fact you're complaining about a certain playstyle that you don't deem "fair" or "cool", that's something only scrubs do.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Argentus, there is no "right" way of playing a fighting game, as long as you are able to grasp the conceptualization of the game mechanics and the character that you play while being able to learn and win on a more consistent basis. It is best to optimize the characters best tools but you would have to do so while adapting to the opponents play-style and maximizing damage the best way you can through the combos the character is capable of at the time. It is also generally a good idea to stick to what works consistently for that said character. Players have different methods of learning as well and there are resources they can use to benefit themselves, assuming that they wish to become better at the game on competitive terms. If the individual is trying to win, they will go with what works best... the throws, the juggles and all or generally with whatever knowledge they obtained by that point. There is no rule against using media resources for learning a new character. There is also no rule against using juggle combos or playing in a certain manner that the game can advocate based on system mechanics and the like.

Argentus

Winning and losing is what matters though. If you're losing and complaining about people doing combos on you maybe the issue is you? You honestly sound like you're new to fighters as a whole. In fact you're complaining about a certain playstyle that you don't deem "fair" or "cool", that's something only scrubs do.

Okay let me put it this way.

I won, but I still made the topic. Understand?

Winning or losing isn't the point here.

Its scrubby to try to just dismiss all topics of conversation as "winning is all that matters", especially in situations like this where winning is irrelevant. The point was whether or not they or I knew how to use the character in question. And I'm arguing that it's me, because I knew how to apply all their tools, whereas they only knew how to use a few setups for combos.

Argentus, there is no "right" way of playing a fighting game, as long as you are able to grasp the conceptualization of the game mechanics and the character that you play

Gonna snip your post down to this.

The irony here is that I'm constantly being told I'm playing "Wrong" because I don't use superlong combos/juggles. Just like the people who do the stuff like I said in first post.

The entire point here was that I get irritated at people telling ME, that I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MILA, just because I don't use Youtube combos. Despite me obviously not needing them, because instead, I learn how to use and apply her actual tools.

"God, this Mila is such a spammer! They don't even use any combos!" As I'm using all of her tools to get them into the many situations where Mila can do her Takedown grapples. Not spamming grab. No need for combos. Playing the MMA fighter as a takedown brawler, rather than a launching boxer like most.

And it's not that they simply spam combos they looked up online, that's fine, learn how you learn. What I HATE is when these idiots try to tell ME that I don't know what I'm doing. It's the undeserved arrogance that gets under my skin.

WAZAAAAA

5-gif.7894

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm not here to dictate how you play, but the reason you see combos and juggles so often is because once the opponent is launched, it's the best guaranteed way to get consecutive damage without worrying about random holds stopping your offense, much less throw escapes, and in some rare cases, quick stagger escapes. This is why BnBs (Bread 'n' Butter combos, if you don't know the term) are so commonly done and learned in fighting games.

You can play how you want if that works for you, but I just wanted to address to you why such things exist, since you appear to look down on it so vehemently.

PS: Mute your mic, turn off the chat box, or block the opponent berating you if he/she sends you hatemail. It helps.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD