Understanding frame data on 44P

B1ack Phantom

1. I don't understand how to read this within game: 4 (10) 10 (2) 25
  2. I assume that the 25 is recovery but it doesn't start in four frames and is active for 10?
  3. Someone please clarify?

Seppu

x (x) x = initial frames, active frames, recovery frames.

the first two numbers are for the mid sabaki - taking 4 frames to become active, then active for 10 frames. the final three are for the high strike itself.

combining both parts into one the frames would read 24 (2) 25, meaning :4::4::P: takes a total of 26 frames to connect, or 27 frames at tip range. also if you want to be technical, it gives a guard stun of 18, meaning your opponent isn't able to do anything for 18 frames while you're taking 25 to recover, hence the -7 or -6 at tip range.

edit: just thought i would mention that it can be interrupted with a 14-23 mid strike without being parried, or crushed by a 24 frame mid strike of higher damage. same applies to high and lows except 0-23 or 24 at higher damage. if the interrupting strike tech crouches or has a small/evasive hurtbox, you can hit them just before they recover, so 14-49 for mids and 0-49 for highs/lows.

Last edited:

B1ack Phantom

Ok all I need to know was the second part so the parry starts on the fourth frame but the move is 24 frames to activate total? Makes sense now thanks.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's still very very good. If you do a slightly negative move (not unsafe) then buffer a 44P, it'll catch their mid pokes if they try anything.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
6P+K rarely works out well for me when I try to use it as a sabaki. It goes forward quite a bit, which is nice, but it's awfully slow and it sabakis at a weird window of the animation. Maybe it just takes some lab work to use it effectively, but I don't really care to use it effectively when I already have 44P.

I use 6P+K mostly as a sitdown stun on low holders and for extending environmental combos and it's very good for both.

B1ack Phantom

I can use 44P way more effectively than 6P+K I just have an easier time timing even though the window for the parry is the same.

NightAntilli

I use both quite easily, just in different situations. I can't exactly describe when to use which. I just feel it out lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD