UPDATE: Power Blows to be allowed in Tag as Tag Power Blows

According to an article on Kotaku, a small comment is made that the Power Blows will be allowed in the tag mode of the game. This is certainly interesting to hear, as the tag system has not really been talked about. I still would like to hear more about possible changes to the tag system from not only Dead or Alive 4 but also Dead or Alive Dimensions.

UPDATE: GameSpot has given further clarification on the subject. Not only will Power Blows be in Dead or Alive 5 Tag mode, but they will also be Tag Power Blows. This is a very interesting take on it and brings in a nice way to implement the power blows into its system.

GameSpot said:
One fighter connects with a power blow, but instead of knocking the opponent into the environment, they knock them toward their partner. The partner performs a quick combo and then knocks the opponent into the environment, leading to an environmental attack.

Tag attacks and throws are a staple in the Dead or Alive series.​

Tag mode has typically been a very deep mode for the series, more than most players give it credit for. It requires synergy between two characters as well as an understanding of the stun, launcher, and juggle system for each character. Additionally, environmental spacing is required to allow for the right juggles, tag timing, and combo ender.

Tag stages have typically been on the low side in regards to stage interactivity. This is, in part, due to the higher RAM requirements to have double the characters available to be used at a moment's notice in the level. So it will be interesting to see how the stage reacts with the Power Blows, if at all.

Source: Kotaku, GameSpot

Now, what part of DOA5's development makes you think they're going to "fuck it up"?

There's a reason power blow command was changed from :H+P+K:.

Now, what part of DOA5's development makes you think they're going to "fuck it up"?

There's a reason power blow command was changed from :H+P+K:.

OH !!
awesome ! i didnt realize they changed the input ! thats great news !

although ... i kinda brainstormed a fix just now ..and i think it would have been just as good ...

imagine this ...

if you PRESS and RELEASE (basicly just TAP immediately) :H+P+K: you get tag ...
if you press :6::H+P+K: or :4::H+P+K: you get the different offensive tags ...
BUT,
if you HOLD :H+P+K: for more than like 3-4 frames .. you get the powerblow animation , be it smokeless or not ...

that was my Idea ...

but I guess now that powerblows have normal move inputs theres no need for this ... (i still think it could have worked that way .. hmm )

Im kinda wondering how the vf characters work ... particularly sarah .. as almost all of her stances are transitioned using G+P+K .. especially considering they said that they are almost identical .. i would like to see what they did with her ... but I guess we'll find out soon enough ..

Ha, it didn't even occur to me in the dmeo that there was no tag button. You'd think someone on the dev team would've realized that sooner though lol

I guess TN has just resumed the Tag system in order to make it practical and not as complex as we thought it was gonna be.

I honestly think alot of great news cameout of e3 ! ..
heres looking forward to more...
Itching to use sarah !! .. shes just so amazing in vf5:fs ... but by no means easy to use ... i think the hundreds of people that will use her at first will decline as the game progresses till only the capable will stand out ..

leifang/sarah tag !!! yeah !!
launch with leifang ... tag in sarah for a :6::6: :H+K: air knee throw !!! .. mmmmm sounds so sweet ..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD