DOA5LR Updated Ein tech.

EmeryReigns

Standard Donor
Thought that I'd revive the Ein threads by talking about some setups that I have been working on. I just recently came up with some new stuff. While it does sacrifice a bit of damage, it's still viable assuming the opponent doesn't want to be hokage'd on HiC. Here's the first setup:

4ppp on NH or HiC > 1k (If it hits, left at +22 on ANY weight class. if it whiffs, you're still at +1)

Considering the fact that 1k has a few strings attached to it, I find this setup to be of great use.

Next:

pkk/kk/ppkk > dash > 8p > 4p+k (UH GB) Not weight specific, works on ALL weight classes. Opponent must tech to the side.

Another UH inside of the kk strings: 6k > 4p+k Fully charged GB. (works on middle weights and lighter) opponent must tech to the side.

There is alot more tech That I've been using, but I'll wait to post it if this post picks up. @shazzmatazzles @Zeo @UpSideDownGRUNT

Last edited:

Zeo

My opinion on this game is likely outdated as it's been a long time since I've touched it and I don't plan to (likely) any time soon but I can still give my 2 cents on this tech.

Thought that I'd revive the Ein threads by talking about some setups that I have been working on. I just recently came up with some new stuff. While it does sacrifice a bit of damage, it's still viable assuming the opponent doesn't want to be hokage'd on HiC. Here's the first setup:

4ppp on NH or HiC > 1k (If it hits, left at +22 on ANY weight class. if it whiffs, you're still at +1)

Considering the fact that 1k has a few strings attached to it, I find this setup to be of great use.

I feel like I'd found this little setup before but It's a blur now so I could be mistaken. The setup requires a bit of hit confirming to make sure you don't try the trick on CH but NH is a little scarce and considering how likely the finishing strike is to be held in HLP I don't see the worth in sacrificing potential damage if you land it on HiC. I think 4P's overall strength lies in it's 4P > 3P/33T and 4PP shenanigans.

It's still a nice addition to Ein's arsenal, it's always nice to have ways to keep your opponent guessing and have a few tricks up your sleeve.

Next:

pkk/kk/ppkk > dash > 8p > 4p+k (UH GB) Not weight specific, works on ALL weight classes. Opponent must tech to the side.

Another UH inside of the kk strings: 6k > 4p+k Fully charged GB. (works on middle weights and lighter) opponent must tech to the side.

There is alot more tech That I've been using, but I'll wait to post it if this post picks up.
I would have to test this out in matches to really judge it but it sounds solid. I'm not sure I would sacrifice the damage though, especially not when you get a force teching situation + more damage with PKK/KK/PPKK > WR K > 6K > 1K on all weight classes. It's not a guard break but it gives you a more pressure friendly situation which with Ein is a scarce commodity.

The 4P+K guard break situation is nice but in open spaces all it gives you is breathing room due to it's pushback. At +5 Ein's not dashing in to do anything and P+K is i15 which is still losing to most buttons. The full charge gimmick sounds incredibly risky as well.

Curious to see what else you've dug up. I was sure I'd closed the book on this guy's tricks.

EmeryReigns

Standard Donor
Working on some new UH tech on Half walls and Full walls with Ein. Focusing on my main three characters now and it's time to organize all of my tech. So far it's only tested on middle weights. but I have these:

Half walls:

6kk splat > (4)P+K full charged, if opponent won't tech, you have a few options. SSk, 66p2k, or 236k.
pp6pk/66pk/1k6pk splat > 4p1k if they don't tech plus the mid punch follow up for mashers or you can free cancel. No UH for this yet.

Full walls:

6kk splat > (2t whiff) > 4p+k is UH, or if they don't tech, 1k is a no timing Pseudo tech.
1k6pk/66pk/pp6pk splat > (2t whiff) > 7p., or 1k again for the Pseudo. 7p is a HIGH. but still good nonetheless.

Let me know what you guys think.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Been messing with stuff on Back Turned opponents:

P+KP Fully Charged - 67 Damage. Only Guaranteed Combo.
P+K > 66KKK - 69 Damage.
P+K > 6H+KK4K - 69 Damage. Keeps opponent close, good in Danger Zone (followup with 66KKK)
P+K > 9P > BT 2K6PK - 72 Damage.
P+K > 4H+K > BT 2K6PK - 75 Damage.
P+K > 8K > 66KKK - 80 Damage.
P+K > 8P > WRK > 6KK - 81 Damage. Very difficult to perform, do not recommend against Helena through Super Heavies.
The thing with Back Hit P+K is that anything can be held and only 4H+K and above it in the list cannot be staggered. However, Holding requires Fast Stagger and Fastest Hold.

4PPP > 6P > 6KK - 69 Damage. All Weight Classes.
4PPP > 3P > 1K6PK - 72 Damage. Can't be used against Super Heavies.

8K > 66KKK - 63 Damage. All Weight Classes.
8K > 3P > 1K6PK - 65 Damage. Can't be used on Super Heavies.

Shodaku

Ein's 9K beats mid wake up kicks. Did it to Dontforkwitme a couple nights ago.

I was excited to see that as I like the idea of having more wakeup kick punishers (right now I use 236P from mid range to beat both, and if I'm up close and I think my opponent is using a low wake up kick I use 214K). I've been trying to pull the 9Ks off in training mode though, and I can't seem to hit it. Is there a special timing or distance required?

When I use 9K at close range the wakeup kick beats it, while if I scoot back enough to avoid the wakeup kick the 9K whiffs. I figure I'm doing it wrong, please elaborate.

Also, I did note Rojikku's new wall tech, I'm still trying to learn Zeo's original tech and once I can do that I'll try the new stuff too. I'm having some issues getting Zeo's wall tech down, if it continues I'll ask for help. I can do it against a training dummy but haven't yet got it working on a real opponent.

Likewise for Zero's back turned combos, once I try them live I'll give some feedback.

Zeo

....Never mind, lol.
I saw your post before you edited it. I just didn't feel like replying really. I never found a use for the launch. It's a high, doesn't track, leads to probably his lowest launch combo damage period and is overshadowed by the faster and far more effective 4H+K even if it's less safe.

If it's working for you keep using it but personally I have and see no real use for that high kick and even as a counter move couldn't see myself using that over virtually any other counter friendly or instant launch move. If it had Hitomi's launch height, that might be a different story.

This section is dead because no one uses him. No one uses him because he's simply not a very good character. Sorry about that, but Team Ninja doesn't seem to think so.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I saw your post before you edited it. I just didn't feel like replying really. I never found a use for the launch. It's a high, doesn't track, leads to probably his lowest launch combo damage period and is overshadowed by the faster and far more effective 4H+K even if it's less safe.

If it's working for you keep using it but personally I have and see no real use for that high kick and even as a counter move couldn't see myself using that over virtually any other counter friendly or instant launch move. If it had Hitomi's launch height, that might be a different story.

This section is dead because no one uses him. No one uses him because he's simply not a very good character. Sorry about that, but Team Ninja doesn't seem to think so.
Thank you for the answer! and I don't think he's truly bad, he's limited but not completely hopeless. I use Naotora who's considered the worst character in the game next to Ein if that makes you guys feel any better XD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein is still my character of choice but, I just don't play anymore really so I have zero tech to share that nobody doesn't already know.

I do agree that 6H+K would be way more useful if it was like Hitomi's 7K

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like it how it already is, it's basically a counter hit move like Naotora's 6H+KKK and can be done while running, but then again I personally feel like Naotora's move set is superior to Ein in terms of spacing ability.

And that's fine Grunt XD TBH I was actually more or less expecting an answer from solely Rojikku since it's his tech thread plus he plays the game on a regular basis to know how his characters work. I might actually upgrade and try Hayate tho, I bought his new Halloween costume yesterday but idk, Hayate is quite harder to use in comparison to Ein...

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

I've never used Ein's 6H+K, it's a useless move to me. 6H+KKK does poor damage, even if you do something like 6H+K > PP6PK on CH.
You could use it as a high launcher, but 4H+K and WR K are way better in that regard.

Naotora 6H+KKK string may be similar to Ein's but actually hers is very useful. 6H+K by itself causes a good stun on NH and it is her only high "wallsplat" move. The string deals a lot more damage, the second hit is a low sweep that grants her advantage and the last one is a positive guard break, making it a good move to apply pressure so you don't want it to actually hit, but if it does it's fine, you get good damage.
Ein's version is very risky (the whole string is unsafe) with almost no reward, so you're basically forced to use it only in the stun game as a high launcher, but as I said above there are better ones.
The only way I could see it being more useful is if it launched higher.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've never used Ein's 6H+K, it's a useless move to me. 6H+KKK does poor damage, even if you do something like 6H+K > PP6PK on CH.
You could use it as a high launcher, but 4H+K and WR K are way better in that regard.

Naotora 6H+KKK string may be similar to Ein's but actually hers is very useful. 6H+K by itself causes a good stun on NH and it is her only high "wallsplat" move. The string deals a lot more damage, the second hit is a low sweep that grants her advantage and the last one is a positive guard break, making it a good move to apply pressure so you don't want it to actually hit, but if it does it's fine, you get good damage.
Ein's version is very risky (the whole string is unsafe) with almost no reward, so you're basically forced to use it only in the stun game as a high launcher, but as I said above there are better ones.
The only way I could see it being more useful is if it launched higher.
I don't think I ever finish Ein's 6H+KKK unless near a wall, the launch is crappy on CH and HCH but u prefer to do 6H+K in those situations and then PPP, PP6PK, or 236P in that case. Nao's 6H+K I can never actually get on NH tho XD, you lucky. I also really like Ein's 1K, it's very useful since it's hard to see coming and it has follow ups, and the fact that it heavy force techs ♡.♡

Zeo

I've never actually played Last Round. I stopped a week or so before it came out so DZ tech is void to me. That being it's only use means it's not entirely useless, but in nearly every other case it's sub optimal unless there are some other stages which give it more of a use.

While I'm here though, I wasn't around for Naotora. Why is she the worst character in the game and how is she worse than Ein?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD