Using Recorded Online Data to Determine Match-Up

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
With the recent implementation of the Ricumi system into the FSD database, any player that had been in a recorded replay uploaded on the Ricumi site now has access not only their personal player data, but also data relating to the character(s) they have used.

As an example, I'd like to suggest using some of this data to determine Matcups in the game.

This database can give some very good overall knowledge of players with their replay data and how well they did overall.

If you keep your replay setting to record automatically, then save these and upload them. Hopefully this can help with MU data.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Based on samples from 65 player match data, here are the Matchups as of April:

:ayane:
~76% win rate
I would have to wholeheartedly consider this MU number viable as people have smartened up to the MU and Ayane since DOA5. This MU is going to be more managable since system changes in DOA6 and stun launch combos. Bass is still heavy, but for Ayane, combos are the same. Ayane still has punishable moves which is something she can't simply get out of after getting thrown.
Ayane 6P may be a high crush, but Bass K is still the anti-6P move but having a large hitbox.
With changes to Bass PK and 3K against BT crouching causing fatal stun, this is a MU that has become even more managable.

:bayman:

:bradwong:
~75%
Brad has been buffed in 6, but overall, the MU has not really changed much. After a year, I've found it's fairly identical to how it used to be in 5LR. Brad has taken some hits to having crush and invincible frames when laying down being changed. If you're not familiar with the MU, you can have trouble at first, but you will still learn as time goes on.
The thing is that for a Brad to beat a Bass, the Brad player needs to be a better player overall with stronger fundementals. Brad has disadvantages and cannot incorporate the WR K mixups either.

:christie:

:diego:
~71%
Diego is a fairly standard character with strong strikes and throws with his weakness being his lack of general range. Dealing with guard breaks and 1P online can be tricky, but it comes down to understanding the character and thankfully his moveset is very short.
I would say it's a fairly balance MU overall. Somewhere down in the middle, but Bass has advantages at range. If a Diego whiff shoulder barge, there is a lot of recovery and in the speed department, he's fairly average and normal.

:eliot:

:hayabusa:
~52%

:hayate:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD