Venus Vacation Character in DOA6

Do you want a Venus Vacation character in Dead or Alive 6?

• No

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
With characters still missing from the game I do not particularly want a DOAXVV character to make it in with the current shaping of the roster. I am pretty sure most people don't really want this, but from a business POV it will quickly bring in players from Venus Vacation, which is actually a more popular game than Dead or Alive 6 itself. This is a first.

If you observe the poll you will quickly find out that the reaction to a VV character is more positive than I initially expected. There isn't much of a reason to argue the point because it's pretty much confirmed to happen at this point.

Last edited:

rjqnraos19

No more Lolis. no no no, NO MORE FEMALE CHARACTERS. They need to STOP.
But.... if "Owner-Kun" add to doa6... maybe it will be good. at least it will better than female characters.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't want a VV girl since I already know it's gonna wind up being Misaki who's popular, that or Nagisa whom I'm not into design wise. The other girls I feel are redundant choices: Luna is a 2.0 of Nico with even less emotion, Tamaki is basically a Nyo/Haruka hybrid, and Monica is not at all suited for DOA imo, she doesn't scream fighter. If I could choose who'd go in, i would choose Fiona since I feel her design has the most potential, hell they could modify Naotora's style and give it to her if Naotora won't be returning.

Preferably I don't like the idea of having a VV character since they're not really original and the devs literally said months ago they're weren't fighters. I feel at this point they're gonna choose the most popular(Misaki likely) girl in Japan and try to milk them in DOA6. I'd prefer a male character or Naotora or someone original but TN is likely gonna choose what will benefit them revenue wise. Hopefully alongside the new girl maybe we'll get a VV collab pack that gives the girls their new default swimsuits in the game, i'd gladly buy that xD

human013

At this point I don't even care where the character comes from as long as they look new (no school outfit PLEASE) and not just a copy paste from DOA5. 9 characters in the roster are from 5 and they look EXACTLY the same to their 5 counterpart. All the DLC characters from 5 look exactly the same so if TN was going to add a legacy character then it would most likely be a copy and paste like everyone else. However, this is DOA6. The sequel to 5. Sequels need new stuff and designs. If TN can't be bothered to put in the effort to make new designs for returning characters then just add new characters.

Arcane

I'm not particularly invested in DOA lore so I don't see it as sacrilege to introduce a VV character as long as it is done well. That being said, none of them strike me as the fighter type. Regardless of whether it is a VV character, some other female or male, I think TN needs to start making brand-new, lore-fitting characters. Guest characters are guaranteed to pretty much NOT be included in the next installment of whatever game they are in and so I find it pointless to spend time learning to play them. At least if they fit the lore, there's a higher chance of them coming back unless their story is over, like Ein or Leon.

Number 13

Isn’t it already confirmed to be happening?

Also this is way too late to start the “squashed before it gets started” mentality. Marie Rose being added years ago already made that ship sale.

Also TN is infamous at this point at backpedaling on their PR babble so it shouldn’t be surprising they about faced on the volleyball exclusive characters as not being fighters.

Kasumi-Phase-X

It would be pretty sweet to see some of the Venus Vacation girl getting their spotlight just like what Lisa/La Mariposa had since she debuted in DOA Xtreme Beach Vollyball game, and became a fighter in DOA4. My personal choice would be Tamaki, Luna, Fiona, Nagisa, & My number 1 choice Kanna.

human013

I'm not particularly invested in DOA lore so I don't see it as sacrilege to introduce a VV character as long as it is done well. That being said, none of them strike me as the fighter type. Regardless of whether it is a VV character, some other female or male, I think TN needs to start making brand-new, lore-fitting characters. Guest characters are guaranteed to pretty much NOT be included in the next installment of whatever game they are in and so I find it pointless to spend time learning to play them. At least if they fit the lore, there's a higher chance of them coming back unless their story is over, like Ein or Leon.
Lisa is a character that originated from the volleyball game and look at how people here receive her. I'm willing to bet that at the time, Lisa did not look like a fighter. She had to become a fighter and if TN wants to make a VV girl into a fighter they'll find a way. Give it time and the character will look no different from the rest just like Lisa. There is no way a character can be either too bland or too generic for DOA.

Arcane

Lisa is a character that originated from the volleyball game and look at how people here receive her. I'm willing to bet that at the time, Lisa did not look like a fighter. She had to become a fighter and if TN wants to make a VV girl into a fighter they'll find a way. Give it time and the character will look no different from the rest just like Lisa. There is no way a character can be either too bland or too generic for DOA.
I see. I was not aware Lisa was originally a DOAX character. Fair enough. Again, I'm not opposed to VV characters as long as they are ported over well and convincingly turned into fighters. Better a character from the DOA/X world than a guest from some other game that we will only see once.

The only guest character I support is Tifa and not because I like her. I never played FF7 and have no attachments to the cast or the story. But I do think she has the potential to turn more heads than someone like Kula. And that's the point of guest characters: to get non-fans potentially invested in the game. The only reason I don't ask for Cloud instead is because he uses a sword instead of fists, otherwise I think he'd make a better pick.

Dr PaC

Kanna or none of em. I prefer a new male character.....but I mean, there's alot of things I want in life
1574574886000.png

human013

I see. I was not aware Lisa was originally a DOAX character. Fair enough. Again, I'm not opposed to VV characters as long as they are ported over well and convincingly turned into fighters. Better a character from the DOA/X world than a guest from some other game that we will only see once.

The only guest character I support is Tifa and not because I like her. I never played FF7 and have no attachments to the cast or the story. But I do think she has the potential to turn more heads than someone like Kula. And that's the point of guest characters: to get non-fans potentially invested in the game. The only reason I don't ask for Cloud instead is because he uses a sword instead of fists, otherwise I think he'd make a better pick.
I'm not opposed to it either. Just like I didn't oppose or care much when the "lolis" or "anime" characters were added because in my eyes that is what DOA is about. But I started with vanilla DOA5 so there's that. DOA needs a new character that can attract new people and the current players. Did you see the reveal of the new Tekken and Guilty Gear characters? Players and viewers were hyped af. Players and viewers were also hyped af at the BBTAG reveal. Meanwhile, Mila and Rig from DOA5 did not do anything close to those during DOA5's time. Then that trend carried onto DOA6 with Diego and Nico having no impact at all. Even Kula failed to start anything.

That is why I would rather have a new character than a legacy character. Legacy characters won't draw new people in. And the community is already tiny as is, maybe its even tinier since DOA6's launch.

I don't have much interest in guest characters so I don't care who gets in. Regarding Tifa, I never cared for Final Fantasy in general and I never played FF7 so I also have no attachment to anything Final Fantasy. However, with how horrible DOA is doing and with its reputation, I don't think Square will ever want their character in DOA. Even Noctis got into Tekken and people have wanted Tifa in DOA since forever. I don't blame Square for not wanting to associate Tifa with DOA. It'll probably only stain Tifa's image. As for Kula, that was the most boring choice possible and I don't think it even attracted anyone to DOA6. That's just how bad DOA6 is.

Last edited:

Arcane

I'm not opposed to it either. Just like I didn't oppose or care much when the "lolis" or "anime" characters were added because in my eyes that is what DOA is about. But I started with vanilla DOA5 so there's that. DOA needs a new character that can attract new people and the current players. Did you see the reveal of the new Tekken and Guilty Gear characters? Players and viewers were hyped af. Players and viewers were also hyped af at the BBTAG reveal. Meanwhile, Mila and Rig from DOA5 did not do anything close to those during DOA5's time. Then that trend carried onto DOA6 with Diego and Nico having no impact at all. Even Kula failed to start anything.

That is why I would rather have a new character than a legacy character. It won't draw new people in. And the community is already tiny as is, maybe its even tinier since DOA6's launch.

I don't have much interest in guest characters so I don't care who gets in. Regarding Tifa, I never cared for Final Fantasy in general and I never played FF7 so I also have no attachment to anything Final Fantasy. However, with how horrible DOA is doing and with its reputation, I don't think Square will ever want their character in DOA. Even Noctis got into Tekken and people have wanted Tifa in DOA since forever. I don't blame Square for not wanting to associate Tifa with DOA. It'll probably only stain Tifa's image. As for Kula, that was the most boring choice possible and I don't think it even attracted anyone to DOA6. That's just how bad DOA6 is.

I was not around for DOA 5 so I will take your word on how Rig and Mila's reception went down. Sounds to me like the only new characters that made any kind of splash were Marie Rose and Honoka. People seem to love to hate them yet they are incredibly popular both with male and female players. There is some crazy dissonance with regards to characters in the DOA community that I have yet to wrap my head around. "Everyone" hates the lolis yet they get a ton of use in game. "Everyone" hates the ninjas yet they arguably make up the most popular and iconic characters in the series. "Everyone" hates copy-pasted DOA 5 characters yet this forum is full of requests for Leon, Gen-Fu and Ein and it was just as bad with Momiji and Rachel prior to their announcements.

It often feels like people in this community either get exactly what they want or they call the game trash. There's no middle ground.

I guess that's the advantage of this being my first DOA: I can accept it for what it is and, while I do look forward to improvements, I am having a lot of fun with it. I was so curious about DOA 5 and the praise it gets compared to 6 that I decided to buy it. I guess my expectations were set too high but outside of some interesting levels, I was underwhelmed and would rather continue playing 6.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yet if we made a thread talking shit about Rachel...

EH - if people really want this. Go for it. I don't want one of them because I would rather have an awesome guest or a returning OG character. They are an easy target because they literally go against "toning it down."

I don't think any of the VV girls are particularly interesting either.

candynarwhal

If they were properly (that is, convincingly) introduced to this side of the franchise, I wouldn't mind their inclusion.

I just have a feeling TN are gonna half-ass this like they have pretty much every other aspect of DOA6...

Like, we're 100% gonna get Misaki and she's 100% gonna have some variation of Honoka's mimicry fighting style goin' on, just because they're best of fucking friends or whatever.

Meanwhile, imagine if we got Kanna (who I'm picturing as a sumo practitioner, weirdly enough) and her relationship with Nyotengu was elaborated on - or Fiona, as a savate practitioner, who's this bored English aristocrat with Helena as her rival.

(good foils to each other, because she's kind of blasé about everything, while Helena's pretty fiery - that's not her VV characterization, but let's say they made that adjustment, since there's no Owner-san around this time that she can flood her basement for, lmao)

Last edited:

HHH816

i think it's better for lowering the gap between the core and aesthetics fan.

more profits meant more feature can be added to 6.

werewolfgold

I'm not particularly invested in DOA lore so I don't see it as sacrilege to introduce a VV character as long as it is done well.
It won't be done well. lol

All the VV characters were designed to be generic harem waifu bullshit. But it's beyond clear that that's all they're interested in making from here on out.

I'm sympathetic to the problem of only getting more of what was already in DOA5. But, they can hardly be trusted to handle anything else.

more profits meant more feature can be added to 6.
More terrible features. And don't forget costumes. Lots and lots of terrible costumes. lol

Dionysus

Yeah... Unfortunately I don't think they'll be walking this one back. I don't like it either but we just have to brace for impact.

RayBellion

All the VV characters were designed to be generic harem waifu bullshit.

I must admit I don't know all the DOAXVV girls, so I've no special expectation here. For me, this tie-in feels first and foremost lazy ("hey, we've got most of the graphic resources in place already and we own the character licence, too, so this will cost us less time and money to make"). Granted, I don't object to have another female fighter, but something different for a change would be nice.

It would be pretty sweet to see some of the Venus Vacation girl getting their spotlight just like what Lisa/La Mariposa had since she debuted in DOA Xtreme Beach Vollyball game, and became a fighter in DOA4.

Wow, I didn't know that. That gives at least hope, since Lisa has become quite an interesting fighter, IMHO.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD