Ver 1.03 changes

ILYA✰

CHRISTIE

H+KKK: changed disadvantage on guard from -6, -6, -7 to -8, -8, -7.

2H+KP, PP2KP: fixed an issue that caused a different hit reaction when hitting an opponent in standing guard than when they were not guarding, and changed hit reaction for crouching normal hit to be the same as standing normal hit.

P+K: changed hit reaction on Counter hit to faint stun.

6P: changed hit reaction on Counter hit to small limbo stun.

4P, PP4P: added sidestep tracking.

Jakei-Taiho P: changed motion and voice

PP2P, back-turned 2P: added sidestep tracking.

9P: changed disadvantage on guard from -7 to 0F.

Back-turned P: changed disadvantage on guard from -13 to 0F.

3K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns

6PP: lengthened delay input window when transitioning into Jakeiho.

3KP: changed so holds cannot interrupt the 2nd hit.

Now it seems to me that these changes only make Christie better..
But we'll see how they'll work in game :D
Of course nerfing h+kkk makes me a bit sad :(

Einzelkind

3K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns

Fuck yeah.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
CHRISTIE

H+KKK: changed disadvantage on guard from -6, -6, -7 to -8, -8, -7.

2H+KP, PP2KP: fixed an issue that caused a different hit reaction when hitting an opponent in standing guard than when they were not guarding, and changed hit reaction for crouching normal hit to be the same as standing normal hit.

Now it seems to me that these changes only make Christie better..
But we'll see how they'll work in game :D
Of course nerfing h+kkk makes me a bit sad :(
That shouldn't make you sad at all. Come on, dude, she has options to punish low holds now if you really think about it. 3k's sit-down stun from CH on a crouching opponent... and it tracks. Think about that for a minute.

You're not gonna miss h+kkk.'s old disadvantage too much.

Einzelkind

I wonder what "small limbo stun" means exactly, but her changes seem very reasonable so far. Changes to her throws would've been dope, but I'm not complaining.

ILYA✰

Yuh 3K was dope already, but glad they buffed it even more xD
Also making 9p and bt p useful is positive :)

Julius Rage

Yay, the black man gets fucked in the ass again!

Example "214P: Removed down hit"

I don't even know what the fuck that means? It no longer hits crouching opponents? Who even uses it that as an over head?

236K "Shortened Recovery motion from 30 to 25"

So you're saying its still really unsafe right? Ok, thanks, now I'll be able to land that critical burst off of that. . .which I never had a problem landing before! THANKS!

PP2K is easier to execute. . .

who the fuck was even having problems DOING THAT!?

7K・K: changed disadvantage on guard from -14 to BG(+1F).

Aww man, now everybody and their momma is just gonna SS that shit! GREAT!

Its a good thing Zack was already pretty good in the first place because a lot of the shit they gave him seems. . .I dunno, like they figured "We're buffing everyone else, so we have to give him something! Right?"

The only two things (Of the 7 het got) that are useful to me are his SS - K is now a GB and Running K is safe - good option to close the distance on someone whos trying to set up shop at the other side of the screen.

Oh and congratualtions to all you lucky sons of bitches who got major buffs, I'm just going to have to resolve to get my foot majorly into each and every one of your anal cavities come IPL.

P.S His taunt is useless - Its not a GB and its got like -70 recovery. THANKS!

Lei

Wrong thread

These changes make me sad outside of a couple.(Explainations in red)

changes that matter:

(Great change bigger punishes on low holding, however we don't know how much advantage is warranted or how far it knocks back. We might not get anything at all from it and just frame advantage)

(Bug fix always relevent)

(Small limbo stun on CH, makes 6P a Solid counter poke/poke at mid range any closer and it's still a worthless string to start too risky considering it's 1 dimensional string and the frames on block. Still might be better off with a 6K or something as a close range poke/return. However considering it's a "Small Limbo stun" The 2nd mid might be unholdable. We still don't know how much frame advantage we are looking at from this "Small limbo stun")

Changes that are Meh:
(An i19 High you will never hit someone with this and the risk is too big aka crushing of it, or blocking it. Frames on block are terrible)

(Still doesn't give you really anything on hit and no one steps this unless they are absolutely oblivious to the matchup)

(A decent change I guess opens up reads on return buttons, however people throw tracking lows/ delayed lows anyway so it would be really hard to actually put to use)

(A good change when looking at it however when you actually read it you realize how this doesn't change the situation too much in this string. At first you would read it as "Oh 3KP is unholdable on the P" This is not the case. The change was induced to her P itself. The ~P in the string is a 2 hit normal, meaning they changed the P to the second hit of the p not being holdable which is the case. 3KP itself is still holdable.)

Changes that are entirely irrelevent:

(Useless normal, Slow High. Good for certain setups but with the changes they made to crouching states. I would guess it's probable that you can infact crouch on wakeup now so it's not too relevent)

(Useless no real ways to set this up and it's a High)

(No one steps this)

(Aesthetic change)

The Nerf to H+K to -8 on block is a sadface it's a big tool in christie's game now for a lot of things.
Feel free to address me if I am wrong.

djynho

Wrong thread

These changes make me sad outside of a couple.(Explainations in red)

changes that matter:

(Great change bigger punishes on low holding, however we don't know how much advantage is warranted or how far it knocks back. We might not get anything at all from it and just frame advantage)

(Bug fix always relevent)

(Small limbo stun on CH, makes 6P a Solid counter poke/poke at mid range any closer and it's still a worthless string to start too risky considering it's 1 dimensional string and the frames on block. Still might be better off with a 6K or something as a close range poke/return. However considering it's a "Small Limbo stun" The 2nd mid might be unholdable. We still don't know how much frame advantage we are looking at from this "Small limbo stun")

Changes that are Meh:
(An i19 High you will never hit someone with this and the risk is too big aka crushing of it, or blocking it. Frames on block are terrible)

(Still doesn't give you really anything on hit and no one steps this unless they are absolutely oblivious to the matchup)

(A decent change I guess opens up reads on return buttons, however people throw tracking lows/ delayed lows anyway so it would be really hard to actually put to use)

(A good change when looking at it however when you actually read it you realize how this doesn't change the situation too much in this string. At first you would read it as "Oh 3KP is unholdable on the P" This is not the case. The change was induced to her P itself. The ~P in the string is a 2 hit normal, meaning they changed the P to the second hit of the p not being holdable which is the case. 3KP itself is still holdable.)

Changes that are entirely irrelevent:

(Useless normal, Slow High. Good for certain setups but with the changes they made to crouching states. I would guess it's probable that you can infact crouch on wakeup now so it's not too relevent)

(Useless no real ways to set this up and it's a High)

(No one steps this)

(Aesthetic change)

The Nerf to H+K to -8 on block is a sadface it's a big tool in christie's game now for a lot of things.
Feel free to address me if I am wrong.
I agree with pretty much everything you stated except a few things. The P+K faint stun could be bigger than a "meh" for two reasons.
1) (could be true or not depending on what TN does with it) If the faint works while in stun then it will be a great tool to use even though its 19i thanks to the guessing games that the stun system grants.
2) In case it doesnt work while in stun ( I dont see why it shouldn't) you gonna have to use it after you set up and bate a hold that is not a high.
Other than that you are right on the money. Also I'm interested to see if the whole change made to SS being 0(20)5 will be viable for character's unique SS such as Christie and Hayate. If it is she will be deadlier with her stances.

synce

I wonder what "small limbo stun" means exactly, but her changes seem very reasonable so far. Changes to her throws would've been dope, but I'm not complaining.

I'm almost positive it's a mistranslation. The Japanese changelog says it's a belly stagger. Still a decent buff though and I like the change to 3K/3KP. They should've just nerfed her butt a little bit, her pants are bursting at the seams. I kid I kid, it needs further buffing.

Lei

Yeah I don't know, I doubt it would work in stun because it states specifically counterhit but maybe I could be wrong. The only problem with that however is that it being an i19 normal would limit it to only being used in stun where a CB would be used in stun and I doubt it would give a limbo at that point in the threshold even if it were to work in stun threshold so to speak.
No one is absolutely sure though.

DR2K

• 6P: changed hit reaction on Counter hit to small limbo stun.
  • 3K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns
These are not in the build.

Lei

• 6P: changed hit reaction on Counter hit to small limbo stun.
  • 3K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns
These are not in the build.

Lol are you serious? Ah shit.

DR2K

Christie's JK step is more evasive. I was running around people like a hot knife through butter.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Christie's JK step is more evasive. I was running around people like a hot knife through butter.
Aww... I thought it'd be more like the Flash hittin' it and quittin' it with the Birds of Prey.

But this will do for JAK-ing off.

DR2K

Well I JAK-ed off and bursted all over this player. Check it the last round and see for yourself if it's more evasive, I feel it is.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's really hard to judge if the evasiveness of the JAK-off stance has improved given the footage, since the three moves you evaded were linear and low attacks.

Batcommander

Aww... I thought it'd be more like the Flash hittin' it and quittin' it with the Birds of Prey.

But this will do for JAK-ing off.
i love how i actually get a lot of your references. I am either truly knowledgeable in geek lore, or just really fucking old, lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD