DOA6 Version 1.18 Patch Notes & Season Pass 4 Released

Team NINJA is starting this year off with a promise to the community to make Dead or Alive 6 the fighting game you want, but unfortunately they have held off with Version 1.18 to begin this conversion to that. To accompany the few balance changes & bug fixes made in 1.18 is the Season 4 Pass that launched on the 21st of January. Before release, Team NINJA previewed some of the new Cyber costumes on Twitter to launch the new pass, and there is no questioning that these are among the coolest looking DLC outfits in the game. The string of revival costume DLC will also continue separately sold from the season pass owners on the 21st starting with maid outfits.

While the season passes can get pricey keep in mind that it helps the developers make a better game and unlike some games all of the frame data in DOA6 is free and always has been, Core Fighters gives you four free fighters and the entire game save the story mode. You can stay in touch with DOA6 for free with regular updates and this includes: news moves, balance adjustments, victory & defeat pose animations plus the occasional free costume.

Coming with Season Pass 4 are additional costumes, with some being collaborations & design contest winners as shown at Dead or Alive Festival. The most notable release will be the Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation character making her debut to Dead or Alive 6. There is a lot of speculation in the community as to who it is, but everyone will find out this March!

What are your hopes for Version 1.19, and what are your thoughts with this week's release? Please feel free to share you opinions in the comments below. Big thanks to Kasumi Lover for handling the header image photography for this news post.

Last edited:
My fingers are crossed for some major game changes, possible ground game revisions(cough... Heavy force techs..) and of course the costumes so far are slaying imo! If TN keeps up the energy I think Season 4 will be the start of something beautiful!<3 ^.^

I also hope the many contents coming may even be new stages from the story mode and perhaps more mode tied stuff. Anything is possible xD

A lot of people want a new ground game:

Because the game feels incomplete or just flat out weird to some without proper implementation with or without a real ground game:

Neither side should be too excited by it at the moment...

New Costumes Look Awesome:

I really hope Kasumi gets the Tina or Honokas version!<3 and even without a ground game revision I think we'll definitely get some nifty changes, I already plan on skipping work that day to see what is to come first hand xD

Unless they revert the SSA change, I don't care. Dumbest thing about this game right now.

I'd honestly prefer they just ditch the meter system entirely. All it does is drag down the game.

Unless they revert the SSA change, I don't care. Dumbest thing about this game right now.

I'd honestly prefer they just ditch the meter system entirely. All it does is drag down the game.
People being able to just spam sidestep was the dumbest thing ever. It forced people to just spam tracking moves and characters with bad tracking were fucked. People can still side step attacks, but now they have to be strategic with their sidesteps.

Any problems there MIGHT have been were fixed in 1.04. Was no need to change it further. This change just fucks slower characters.

More importantly, this is a 3D fighting game. You're SUPPOSED to be able to evade attacks. Without a proper sidestep, this is DOA4 levels of awfulness. I fucking hate DOA4.

The whole sidestep issue with this game makes the people in charge look incompetent and the game look more like a joke. To add to that they make something as basic as a side step attack require meter. A 3D game requiring meter to do something as basic as attacking after sidestepping. Only DOA can be this bad.

I want an input lag reduction, but it's probably a lost cause by now and nobody seems to care, more stages, and a whole system overhaul. The meter system has added nothing to the series and managing a meter does not suddenly give a game depth like some like to believe, especially when it comes to DOA.

The whole sidestep issue with this game makes the people in charge look incompetent and the game look more like a joke. To add to that they make something as basic as a side step attack require meter. A 3D game requiring meter to do something as basic as attacking after sidestepping. Only DOA can be this bad.

I want an input lag reduction, but it's probably a lost cause by now and nobody seems to care, more stages, and a whole system overhaul. The meter system has added nothing to the series and managing a meter does not suddenly give a game depth like some like to believe, especially when it comes to DOA.
Tbf air the sidestep doesn't require meter, the attack does and all it does is knock the opponent back as punishment and you'd be better off just stepping and throwing when they free cancel. I feel they could refine the sidestep attack to be more rewarding since it doesn't do much tbh

Tbf air the sidestep doesn't require meter, the attack does and all it does is knock the opponent back as punishment and you'd be better off just stepping and throwing when they free cancel. I feel they could refine the sidestep attack to be more rewarding since it doesn't do much tbh
Yeah, that's what I said
To add to that they make something as basic as a side step attack require meter
The issue is that it should not require meter but it does. And that was just to "fix" a prior issue in the game.

Any problems there MIGHT have been were fixed in 1.04. Was no need to change it further. This change just fucks slower characters.

More importantly, this is a 3D fighting game. You're SUPPOSED to be able to evade attacks. Without a proper sidestep, this is DOA4 levels of awfulness. I fucking hate DOA4.

Yes and avoiding attacks should require skill and shouldn't allow an attack as a followup every single time you mash the SSA button. It was a redundant design choice and that's why it was changed quickly and not changed again because the SSA is extremely effective regardless.

Ugh...
701580AA-984B-478D-937D-1315C2F8EC3D.jpeg

Uh... what?
we love a good laugh.

Last edited:
And while they're at this can they nerf throw damage on holds? Some of them literally do more damage then actual combos which kind of makes it pointless to even hold and making it safer to actually get juggled which is so backwards to me.

edit: and make people get up a bit faster too, i noticed siderolls into wakeup are slower and retain more invul which needs to be addressed.

People being able to just spam sidestep was the dumbest thing ever. It forced people to just spam tracking moves and characters with bad tracking were fucked. People can still side step attacks, but now they have to be strategic with their sidesteps.

Well it's not our fault sidesteps actually need to be fucked up to function especially with how much tracking strings had where characters like christie/kasumi/whoever mashing ppp automatically was a tracking move and how this game has so much accidental tracking that we need something like this lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD