"VG Music Thread"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
As the title goes. A thread for all the VG music from the past of Nostalgia all the way into the future.

Note: Still editing 1st post, on the phone so I'll have to get home to make it look delicate. But yeah, a thread to discuss about the classic and good ol music from the old days all the way till now. Bring up a song that we haven't heard in awhile that makes us go "Oh wow! I remember this game and the OST! :eek:" Keep it up!

@Yurlungur @Nereus @Awesmic @Chapstick @JKT @David Gregg @Ghosty-J etc etc.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That Jazzy feel from 3rd strike :eek:, oh man good times. Welp, I forgot to add spoiler tags to reduce the lag from the thread. When I get home, I'll put the spoiler so that it doesn't lag up for you guys.

EDIT: Yurlungur I just noticed you triple post. Careful with that lol.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Akuma with the Kool-Aid smile! Wow, fits perfectly...wow ear drums like.

EDIT: What do you guys think of the old Capcom vs SNK 1 OST?

They have some good ones, not that many but what's your take? I like these:

Last edited:

Yurlungur

And before i'm off, let's get some good old soul calibur music here

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
And before i'm off, let's get some good old soul calibur music here

Awesome. Raphael's theme and Sheep Theme from Tekken makes me go

Link_dance.gif

I am quite fond with these soundtracks! More!

Also you might like this one @Yurlungur . I like this theme quite much.

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The Yamaha YM2612 is one of my favorite musical instruments. The SNES chip was technically superior and was capable of damn near CD quality sound sampling but it had the dynamics and subtlety of a Mosin Nagant shooting a brick wall.

Possibly the first time I heard a blues shuffle

the other two genesis exclusive tracks from HH/TiT(lol)

Sub Terrania is probably the hardest game I played yet. Awesome music, REALLY shitty controls.
Considering the technical limitations of the YM2612(only 4 sounds can be used for music at the same time. Ususally it was baseline, rhythm, melody and percussion) Jesper Kyd worked some black magic to get that atmosphere. FM synthesis vibrato(technically known as frequency modulation) is/was fucking godlike.

Last but not least Lethal Enforcers. This game is fucking ham and cheesy now and then but the soundtrack stood up with time under the YM2612.

Yes, as you can all see by now I am somewhat of a genesis fanboy. Not saying the SNES was shit but I guess I'm saying I miss the days when consoles were different.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
A few of my favorites I looped and extended on my spare time.

Gurimmjaw

Great there here DB! Now I myself enjoy all kinds of video game music, but I absolutely love the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time soundtrack. It just such a wonderful masterpiece.

Last edited:

Puño de Leyenda

Killer Instinct for the XboxOne has an amazing soundtrack! In the game, the themes change according to what's happening in the fight, from performing combos to even standing still-the music changes to reflect that. All of the changes can be heard throughout the themes below:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD