Wall game discussion

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just felt like for now jotting down somethings I've been testing out when it comes to Bass' wall game, and thought I'd share. So feel free to share any related tips you may have as well.

Landing :3::3::P::P: as a full wall hit and air hit I believe guarantees :2::T: pick-up. This is carried over from DOA5.

Landing a counter-hit :3::K: or a :P::K: on a stunned opponent will cause the Soft/"Critical" wall hit. Since Bass' neutral :T: causes a guaranteed Wall Throw with opponent's back to wall, this may allow for some interesting mix-ups and set-ups. For example, :3::K: > W! > :T: will catch anyone who holds with anything but a low hold. If they delay the hold then you can react punish with another :T: or maybe even :6::T: but might just be more risky to not do the :T: option as it's the faster throw option and can lead to over 100 damage on hi-counter against explosive wall. In the case the opponent low holds, they'll be at heavy disadvantage, and depending on when they low hold they'll be at greater disadvantage. I'm still researching good options at this point, and at the moment you obviously could punish with :2::T: or :3::3::T: for hi-counter throw damage, but you'll be put into an oki situation, so not optimal I feel. Instead, I'm thinking :3::P: would be a good option here as it causes a lift stun to allow for another mix-up - possibly the same mix-up. Additionally, 3P is only -7 on guard, so outside of grapplers you generally won't be able to be throw punished (but practically guaranteed to be counter hit should you opt for more pressure). So I'm thinking this would be good for something like: :3::K: > W! > :T: > :3::P: as a good setup.

Will update more as I find stuff and include things like wall juggle option select ground throw set-ups.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD