"We'll meet very soon♡" The Tamaki Gameplay Discussion Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
y_5e600bb9895f4.jpg

Tamaki is apparently coming on the 10th so I just wanted to make a thread where we can discuss her gameplay :-D From what is shown ATM, she's an Aikido user who has both a running, in string and a standalone Offensive hold(s) as well as an air throw, and she also has a 10i strike and a 46P sabaki strike, as well as a fatal sit down and expert holds that leave her opponent vulnerable to her punishment. She seems however to be close quarter oriented.

Here's her Famitsu article:

Here's some of her moves from Famitsu:

z_5e61f32fdb6d5.jpg

z_5e61f32fe34f7.jpg

These also appear to be her launchers:

Upper P: Large jaw (8P)
Upper K: Naruto kick (H + K)
Middle P: Rough wave (3P + K)
Middle K: Waterfall climbing (9K)

@The 4th phase

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Thank you for this thread even though it’ll die out since people rather hang in the DOAX thread than the gameplay threads.

so from what I’ve seen from Her gameplay video I’ve noticed a few things.

- She’s the only character in 6 (to my knowledge) that has a while running OH throw. Her throw animation makes her go low. I wonder if it’s gonna be a crouch.

- She’s very tick throw oriented but more in a way to bait out mashers or people that try to out poke you.

- She’s not that fast and has a smaller moveset.

- Air throw looks like it will be her main combo ender.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thank you for this thread even though it’ll die out since people rather hang in the DOAX thread than the gameplay threads.(Complaining and bitching as per usual like Brad always does.)
I was thinking that too, I think her throws will be her best option for guaranteed unscaled damage although I think maybe it'll be able to be teched unless it gives a hard knockdown.

And I'm not too scared about her running OH since Marie Rose kinda has one too with her 66T, iirc it can be done while running but I'm sure Tamaki will be a nuisance with hers xD

I can't wait to see how obnoxious she'll be, she looks like she'll be pretty technical at serious level play despite her ease of use, and her expert holds look intriguing too!

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I was thinking that too, I think her throws will be her best option for guaranteed unscaled damage although I think maybe it'll be able to be teched unless it gives a hard knockdown.

And I'm not too scared about her running OH since Marie Rose kinda has one too with her 66T, iirc it can be done while running but I'm sure Tamaki will be a nuisance with hers xD

I can't wait to see how obnoxious she'll be, she looks like she'll be pretty technical at serious level play despite her ease of use, and her expert holds look intriguing too!
I think Tamaki will be really strong because it will be hard to deal with her up close. Block her 6P and risk getting hit with a OH, or try to interrupt her after her 6P and get counterhit with the follow up.

P2p1mbs

I was indifferent to her at first but seeing the little bit of gameplay they've shown and her fighting style has me interested.

Is her being a fighter a retcon from DOAX?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I was indifferent to her at first but seeing the little bit of gameplay they've shown and her fighting style has me interested.

Is her being a fighter a retcon from DOAX?
I don't think so, I feel like her inclusion is more an expansion on her VV Appearnace like how Lisa is a fighter even tho she was just a character in the original volleyball game tbh

P2p1mbs

I don't think so, I feel like her inclusion is more an expansion on her VV Appearnace like how Lisa is a fighter even tho she was just a character in the original volleyball game tbh

My main issue with her coming over to the main gaims is that this goes against TN's original statement thatthe VV girls wont be in the main games as fighters since they were NOT. The first DOAX is implied to be the only DOAX game considered canon so Lisa's appearance made sense.

I am OK with Tamaki or any other VV girls coming over and becoming canon (even if it STILL makes me angry that Tina's not in that game :mad:) but if her appearance is not explained and she has no story mode, she's probably going to be treated just like Momiji and Rachel in that her appearance in the main games is not canon. I personally hope they dont even bother to explain why she's suddenly a fighter since it makes her appearance amusingly random.

Either way, if her playstyle is anything like Asuka from Tekken or Aoi from Virtua Fighter, I'll likely pick her up later on once they've fully addressed the hair colour scandal.

Dionysus

In the article they just say she picked it up for self-defense and happened to have natural talent and mastered it. So basically no explanation lol. I'm most interested by her expert holds being able to be elongated, as someone who played a fair amount of Asuka (sadly no VF outside of the Yakuza minigame) she's looking good and has some mechanics more or less unique to her in DOA. I hope they satisfy me with the hair and general DLC situation so I can buy her.

Uberprinny

Um.....uh.....I m only excited cause I need to know what she does! >.<

Rumor has it that she is an aikido practitioner. This I got to see. I hope she knows 4th control that would make even Kurosawa sensei proud. Sometimes I wonder how he is doing nowadays.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I see a lot of narrative topics in this thread. Feel free to make a story topic for Tamaki and keep your issues with the character out of the gameplay topic unless it relates to her gameplay.

Thanks. You have a whole board dedicated to the character and it would be nice to see it used proper.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Also guys her 2P is -1 on it xD I watched the teaser famitsu thing again and the 1P Tamaki was +1 when the 2P one did 2P to shut down her 6P6T OH attempt.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Here's a bit of a round-up of some gameplay related tweets:

This appears to be unholdable...

"I think it's a bug, but I can't get Tamaki 4H + K with medium K hold. "

"Can not move except tossing after the second guard. No fuzzy, no squatting, no SA, no BB. Ayane can move. "

Nearly full damage from a 28hit combo:

EDIT: according to @DestructionBomb , apparently Master has sent word to Team Ninja already about the issue in the first two tweets with her 4H+K

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone have any feedback on her moves? her P+KP from what I've seen is like her go to refloat in combos and 8PP and 8K are her go to hard slams for stages with explosive floors. She also can extend her expert holds to which is definitely cool imo. Her tools are so cool!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD