"What a pain!" The Rig strategy thread.

xFatalDMG

6P+K is a pretty good option for starting off a battle, the only issue is its startup which can be out prioritized by a 10f so its a bit risky.

I tend to go for just a regular K after pre flamingo, since it comes out quick and puts them into a stun, which then allows me to go for the grab mixup after. If the person goes low, then its an easy bait for a nice 8K into a simple combo.

xFatalDMG

I have a few more videos of my rig on my youtube page. Hope we can post some of our own stuff and give each other some advice.

Supersonic

i have a question that i am not sure warrents a separate thread.

I feel like Rig is a character best used when you can get into your opponent's head. however i feel i have a hard time dealing with people who dont think, so it is hard to bait them into situations. i feel it is a bit harder against characters like ayane, that have a lot of natural high crushes and can just mash out moves inbetween mine.

does anyone have moves or tips i could use in situations like these. i am in a weird spot where i feel like i am better the better my opponent is

Instant3p

I feel like Rig is a character best used when you can get into your opponent's head. however i feel i have a hard time dealing with people who dont think, so it is hard to bait them into situations. i feel it is a bit harder against characters like ayane, that have a lot of natural high crushes and can just mash out moves inbetween mine.

does anyone have moves or tips i could use in situations like these. i am in a weird spot where i feel like i am better the better my opponent is
Sadly there are just some matchups that Rig is doomed in. Everything I learned about Rig I studied from Jaeger S2. He has a ton of videos on Youtube.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor

rig have so much move very strong but often its a high move i agree. but he have also lot of good mid, in fact i think you just need to do more mid if you see your opponent makes often a crusher when you do a high its very good because rig have a guarantee combo if 6KBS strike him crouch ;)

also i see your "ancient" video i think you are better now but i advice some thing,
in this video you have the opportunity to knock back your opponent against the metro / subway and you dont do that its hurt because if you do that you have 60 dmg free !! in this stage you have the fall with best damage !!

also an other things very important never do 236K if your opponent is an 2 mm of you lol 236K need 28 frame so i think its a little slow but in stun after 3P (27 ADVANTAGE) it could be interresting to see that happen ;)

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL... wow.... I was just about to make one of these. Talk about being late to the party. :oops:

This should have been Stickied, it could greatly help new Rig players.

KING JAIMY

No timing force tech setup:

After a 4PP, P6P or 66P knockdown you can whiff P and then do 2H+K to get them back up for +15 frame advantage. Whiffing P makes the setup no-timing. This obviously only works if they don't tech roll. If they do tech roll, don't follow up with 2H+K.

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
hum i just testing the set up with ia reaction middle kick and the 2h+k doesnt make a force tech ...

KING JAIMY

hum i just testing the set up with ia reaction middle kick and the 2h+k doesnt make a force tech ...
It does. You know that CPU okizeme is very different from human player okizeme? Just do Record & Play and let the CPU do the setup. Try to do a wake-up kick after you let the CPU perform the setup.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD