What determines which move wins in a trade?

Camel with 2 thumbs

Like the title says, i'm curious to figure this out, cause if im using two moves that have the exact same start up frames to trade with my opponent, why is it that one of my moves wins the trade every time and the other one loses everytime, despite both moves having the same start up? In this situation im specifically refering to nyos' 6p and 2p, in situations where im +5~4 and im trying to stuff the fastest mid or low my opponent can do, nyo's 6p will win the trade, but her 2p will lose everytime, and both these moves have 15 frame start up, so what's going on here?

Giannola

If the frames are equal, the higher damage attack wins.
Edit:makes sense her 6p probably does more dmg.

WAZAAAAA

I want to add that Close Hit multipliers don't seem to affect the outcome of a trade even though the "Close Hitter" will effectively deal more damage.
You can also trade with Rising Kicks.

EDIT: well it doesn't answer the main question of the thread but fuck it I have a whole video about trades

Last edited:

Lulu

I have another Question....

What happens if the Trade is a High Strike vs a Low Strike (a Standing Low Strike to be exact) ?

I've always believed that Trading was similar to how Clashing works on 2D Games. In other words I've always belived that The Two Attacking Hitboxes have to overlap each other at the same time for the game to Register a Trade.

So back to my earlier question.... since the Likelihood of a Hitbox from a High Strike overlapping with a Hitbox from a Low Strike is extremely unlikely (if not impossible), How does the game resolve this type of Exchange ?

WAZAAAAA

I have another Question....

What happens if the Trade is a High Strike vs a Low Strike (a Standing Low Strike to be exact) ?

I've always believed that Trading was similar to how Clashing works on 2D Games. In other words I've always belived that The Two Attacking Hitboxes have to overlap each other at the same time for the game to Register a Trade.

So back to my earlier question.... since the Likelihood of a Hitbox from a High Strike overlapping with a Hitbox from a Low Strike is extremely unlikely (if not impossible), How does the game resolve this type of Exchange ?
lol interesting, low strikes have priority over high strikes in same damage trades
8Q0wrU4.gif

in this GIF the busas "traded" the first active frames of P and 2K which deal 10 points of damage. 2K has no crouching status.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
For the OP's question:

6P's will beat out 2P's for 2 reasons: 1) 6P deals more damage than 2P (which Giannola mentioned) 2) Mid strikes have priority over low strikes due to the triangle system:

Highs > Mids > Lows > Highs

This triangle priority system is why low strikes gain priority over high strikes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD