What do you want for NG4?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I really don't feel like searching for all my stuff ive posted in previous threads(not just on FSD),but i might as well make this now

as much as i hate to admit it NG3:RE already implemented some of the changes i was talking about previously such as a ninpo bar and minor techniques using ninpo and i hate to admit it cause NG3 is looking to be a good game despite my rants

that aside we need WEAPONS,new WEAPONS,old WEAPONS,strange WEAPONS,living WEAPONS point is weapons we need them.feel free to discus what type of weapons you want in this thread as well

side characters? i think at this point they're staying or at least showing up later as DLC.discuss who you want and what you want them to have ability wise right here.

stage design.we all know Tairon like the back of our hands and the general consensus seems to be "make it like that" now how does one go through with that while still keeping it interesting discuss below.

and anything else y'all can think of enjoy i will be back to post my personal ideas latter.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I want Team Ninja to give us tools to make our own ninja trials and upload for people to play on

Example:
Map
Spawn Points
Pick Enemies and when/where they spawn
difficulty
Pick what weapon you can use
what health you start off with
etc...

Brute

Standard Donor
as much as i hate to admit it NG3:RE already implemented some of the changes i was talking about previously such as a ninpo bar and minor techniques using ninpo and i hate to admit it cause NG3 is looking to be a good game despite my rant
You may be the first person ever to be put off by a game implementing features you wanted.

that aside we need WEAPONS,new WEAPONS,old WEAPONS,strange WEAPONS,living WEAPONS point is weapons we need them.feel free to discus what type of weapons you want in this thread as well
I'm all for new weapons, but actually not a fan of things too strange/living. I always liked the feel that Hayabusa took an everyman's weapon, more or less (inb4DragonSword, you know what I mean), and showed us how to kick insane amounts of ass with it. Something about the weapons themselves being too powered puts me off. Plus, I just like "real" weapons better. Feels cooler cutting someone down with a katana than a flaming sword or w/e.

side characters? i think at this point they're staying or at least showing up later as DLC.discuss who you want and what you want them to have ability wise right here.
Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi and Momiji are the only ones I think it really needs.
I would like to see their complexity expanded, though. No, not in the form of Kasumi's OP God-of-everything approach. For example, having 2-3 primary weapons for each character would be great (I really want Momiji with a Katana like in NG:DS).

stage design.we all know Tairon like the back of our hands and the general consensus seems to be "make it like that" now how does one go through with that while still keeping it interesting discuss below.
I liked the adventure game layout a lot better than the "run into an ever-spawning arena" approach save few exceptions (such as Daedalus, which was nothing short of awesome), as well. However, I'm not sure how well that system would work when you have things like co-op, level select/chapter challenge, etc. and I would rather have those.
Ultimately, I'd like them to capture the adventure game feel with Chapter Challenge replay/co-op.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I edited your thread title because it would drive me nuts otherwise lol.

I definitely agree we need more weapons as there are really never enough. Something really crazy would be cool to see, like the Kusari-gama in NG2. Maybe even an actual unarmed style (talons don't count) coupled with a system where if you block too much your weapon can be knocked free. I'm not sure I'd enjoy that kind of system honestly but it's at least a reason for an unarmed style to exist.

I'd like Hayate to make an appearance in a non-playable capacity in story and then be playable outside of the story. A huge final battle with Hayate and other ninja fighting alongside you would be epic and truly thrilling if done right. I like the idea of changing up the story mode a bit but I don't think other characters should have chapters in it. Maybe one-off, self-contained stories. Ayane's sorta work like that in RE but I would like them separated out.

I'd love a return to a hub style world as long as it was designed intelligently (which TN can obviously do). Often hub worlds invite a lot of tedious back-tracking and fetch quest style gameplay. NG/B/S fell to that a little bit towards the end and while the rest of the game was so phenomenal it didn't annoy quite as much as it could, it does hurt pacing. Some form of fast travel would rock and we know Hayabusa has the ability to fly/teleport anyway so it would work within the continuity of the franchise.

I'd like more cutscenes, too. The cutscenes in NG games have generally felt like a payoff to me so I can sit back and watch something cool for a bit but with the option to skip it if I didn't want to watch. Ayane's cutscene in the RE demo is a perfect example. It's humorous and badass fanservice and is just fun. You then jump right in ready to cut some dudes up like she did in the cutscene. They can really impact your mood about a particular chapter or fight. See the cutscene before Dante and Vergil fight in the new DmC for a recent excellent example.

I have a lot of other in-depth thoughts but for now I'll let others post.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I edited your thread title because it would drive me nuts otherwise lol.

I definitely agree we need more weapons as there are really never enough. Something really crazy would be cool to see, like the Kusari-gama in NG2. Maybe even an actual unarmed style (talons don't count) coupled with a system where if you block too much your weapon can be knocked free. I'm not sure I'd enjoy that kind of system honestly but it's at least a reason for an unarmed style to exist.

I'd like Hayate to make an appearance in a non-playable capacity in story and then be playable outside of the story. A huge final battle with Hayate and other ninja fighting alongside you would be epic and truly thrilling if done right. I like the idea of changing up the story mode a bit but I don't think other characters should have chapters in it. Maybe one-off, self-contained stories. Ayane's sorta work like that in RE but I would like them separated out.

I'd love a return to a hub style world as long as it was designed intelligently (which TN can obviously do). Often hub worlds invite a lot of tedious back-tracking and fetch quest style gameplay. NG/B/S fell to that a little bit towards the end and while the rest of the game was so phenomenal it didn't annoy quite as much as it could, it does hurt pacing. Some form of fast travel would rock and we know Hayabusa has the ability to fly/teleport anyway so it would work within the continuity of the franchise.

I'd like more cutscenes, too. The cutscenes in NG games have generally felt like a payoff to me so I can sit back and watch something cool for a bit but with the option to skip it if I didn't want to watch. Ayane's cutscene in the RE demo is a perfect example. It's humorous and badass fanservice and is just fun. You then jump right in ready to cut some dudes up like she did in the cutscene. They can really impact your mood about a particular chapter or fight. See the cutscene before Dante and Vergil fight in the new DmC for a recent excellent example.

I have a lot of other in-depth thoughts but for now I'll let others post.

Hm, I imagine a scene where Ryu is fighting a crap ton of ninja's alongside a boss, once you get the boss down to 0 hp a cutscene occurs where ryu is getting overwhelmed and when you think all hope is lost Hayate shows up like a badass

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hm, I imagine a scene where Ryu is fighting a crap ton of ninja's alongside a boss, once you get the boss down to 0 hp a cutscene occurs where ryu is getting overwhelmed and when you think all hope is lost Hayate shows up like a badass
That wouldn't work simply because that would portray Ryu as weak. It'd be out of character for Ryu to be saved by someone else, even a ninja master like Hayate.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
That wouldn't work simply because that would portray Ryu as weak. It'd be out of character for Ryu to be saved by someone else, even a ninja master like Hayate.

Ok, ryu will get cursed or something which will drain all his energy (Which won't make him look weak since its not his fault :)) Then the boss steps foward about to slice of ryu's head but then all you see is wind gusts moving around killing all the minions and then appears Hayate!

Brute

Standard Donor
See the cutscene before Dante and Vergil fight in the new DmC for a recent excellent example..
No offense, but the cutscenes atop the Temen-ni-gru were way more epic.

But yeah, I agree. Every cutscene on the Daedalus really carried the pace, making you feel like you were rewarded for blowing through the thing without slowing down your carnage. Volf's stadium had a similar effect.

It happens in NG3, though. Granted it's the result of his arm acting up, but it always bugged me.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
No offense, but the cutscenes atop the Temen-ni-gru were way more epic.

But yeah, I agree. Every cutscene on the Daedalus really carried the pace, making you feel like you were rewarded for blowing through the thing without slowing down your carnage. Volf's stadium had a similar effect.
No offense taken, but you took my post out of context slightly. The "recent example" bit in particular lol. Also you weren't really invested in the game or story whereas I was, so it had much more impact for me than it would have for you. In a Ninja Gaiden game, however, I think we'd be on the same page judging by the rest of your response.

EDIT:
It happens in NG3, though. Granted it's the result of his arm acting up, but it always bugged me.

Missed your edit there because I saw your post too quickly. Yeah, they removed the arm stuff from RE but Momiji still shows up in the same way. Muramasa technically pulled the same deus ex machina setup in NG2 as well. It happens but it bugs me when it does, no matter how cool the scene or cameo.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ryu doesn't use many regular weapons sure as hell not everyman weapons.try the vigoorian flail for instance Nunchucks with scythe blades attached...epic.Ninja Gaiden takes familiar and normal weapons and pimps them out(literally gold incrusted with jewels lol).
Dabilahro_Lv3.jpg
god i want this back

most people don't seem to care but i want more backstory i want to see how Ryu was growing up and what in the HELL prepared him for this insane shit.

ill talk later if i don't go to sleep now ill regret it later

Brute

Standard Donor
No offense taken, but you took my post out of context slightly. The "recent example" bit in particular lol. Also you weren't really invested in the game or story whereas I was, so it had much more impact for me than it would have for you. In a Ninja Gaiden game, however, I think we'd be on the same page judging by the rest of your response.
There is that, yeah, but I was actually highlighting the fact that in DMC3 they had elaborate action sequences in cutscenes, whereas in DmC they really didn't. A example would be cutscenes containing Vergil. The third fight was like DmC's, but the first two had that cool cutscene action that I like (similar to the examples in NG2).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There is that, yeah, but I was actually highlighting the fact that in DMC3 they had elaborate action sequences in cutscenes, whereas in DmC they really didn't. A example would be cutscenes containing Vergil. The third fight was like DmC's, but the first two had that cool cutscene action that I like (similar to the examples in NG2).
Yeah I know what you meant. I still consider DMC3 to be one of the best action games ever created and I've always loved how crazy the cutscenes were. The DmC cutscene was an example of what I thought was a great way to set the mood for a fight. To me it was epic in how emotionally charged it was and the sound design leading seamlessly into the fight itself. The new DmC really didn't have much in the way of crazy cutscenes. More character stuff.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Ryu doesn't use many regular weapons sure as hell not everyman weapons.try the vigoorian flail for instance Nunchucks with scythe blades attached...epic.Ninja Gaiden takes familiar and normal weapons and pimps them out(literally gold incrusted with jewels lol).
Dabilahro_Lv3.jpg
god i want this back

most people don't seem to care but i want more backstory i want to see how Ryu was growing up and what in the HELL prepared him for this insane shit.

ill talk later if i don't go to sleep now ill regret it later

I would live to see ryu as a kid and slowly turning into the ninja that he is today

Maybe NG4 could take place before NG1?

TakedaZX

I would live to see ryu as a kid and slowly turning into the ninja that he is today

Maybe NG4 could take place before NG1?
Possibly, but I'd rather there be an actual story of the present in Ryu's life with maybe subchapters that revolve around Ryu's memories so that there could be some sort of... progression, if that makes sense.

Dabilahro_Lv3.jpg
god i want this back
It's a beauty ain't it?

Alright enough about that, this is gunna be another long one, TL:DR at the bottom.

What would I like to see? Well...

Open World - Now hold on, hear me out. I'm also thinking of something closer to Tairon, since it was the center of just about everything in NG1. Frankly, it's not so much that I want [more] than that but to increase the replay value, I'd like to have the access to start off in the Hayabusa Village and at the end of the game, be able to load up my save file, and go right back there or just about anywhere within that world of NG4 to make the game feel a bit less... linear.

I emphasize on [JUST] about anywhere. There are some places that should be cut off or change overtime through events, so much as to not allow you to return. I mean in NGΣ it felt nice to travel back from the military base back up to the area where Ryu dropped off of the airship to Tairon maybe catching something that I missed in the beginning... like a scarab.

Side Missions - With a slightly more accessible world, it'd open up opportunities to travel to certain areas and carry out specific task. There could be a few places that you could pick up these missions, like in example for NG1 Han's Bar could be a place to pick up missions from Rachel, Muramasa could also hand out missions, as well as people in the Hayabusa Village (if it hadn't of been attacked but then again, there would be no focus in the story), and if it were possible to back track to Murai's Dojo then Murai as well...

With a more open world, it'd go hand in hand... only one thing bothers me though... I feel like it might mess with the feel of the game... Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma gave me one feel: No where is safe, so I have to keep moving forward... creating these spots to return to might take that feeling away.

Customization - This isn't NECESSARY for single player mode. In fact I'd prefer if it'd not be... but I know some people would enjoy dressing up Ryu and the others in a different way. I mean it'd open up another option with the open world safe spots... an armory, weapon shop, and a tailor.

Sounding like Assassin's Creed yet, lol? But like I said, this idea is more so aimed towards the online bit so that my character doesn't just look like a ninja grunt, I want uniqueness... I'd like to be able to choose what swords I dual wield, the color of my Dabilahro as well as the whether or not I want it to have lightning surging through it, what color that lightning is, do my katana have markings like the BotA, straight blade or curved, long or short... so that my online ninja isn't uninspired.

A reason I'd see people being against this in single player mode is because it takes the uniqueness out of the weapons in general... why use the True Dragon Sword in the story when you've got 12 other katana in your storage that are 10x more powerful and have special abilities that far exceed it...? I wouldn't want that.

Hayate and Genshin - CE couldn't have put it any better about Hayate. Hayate should appear in the story and fight along side Ryu a few times but especially at the end (maybe even against him when they first come across each other in the story). He doesn't need a chapter either, being available in the Chapter Challenge and Ninja Trials is fine. A Hayate costume for Ryu would be nice as well, for shits and giggles but I won't push for that.

As for Genshin, I just have a thing for swords in general, katana especially... but anyway Genshin has a unique style (reverse grip). If they gave him a full move set he'd be a nice character to mess around with in Chapter Challenge and etc. Doesn't really need a story element... but if they did decide to give him one I have a few ideas.

As for new weapons - I mean I already have my weapon of choice... but for new stuff, something that would be nice... hmmm... I mean what has Ryu really not used? I guess it'd be cool to see him pick up Momiji's Naginata and maybe dual daggers like Ayane... maybe a sheathing style Katana setup? Other that, most of the practical stuff for him has been covered, and I use the term practical loosely, lol.

TL:DR - Hayate and Genshin, deeper online character and weapon customization, a world that's less linear with the Hayabusa Village as somewhat of a home to return to as well as something to look forward to doing in the story mode after completing it, like side-missions and collecting scarabs...

Darrell

Weapon switch on the fly like DMC! That would be so sick! Let me change directions of an attack during any part of the string, so I can stop the foo I see coming at me, without having to resort to an evade. Better walking and running animation.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
You need to keep in mind Ryu is pretty much a master of weapons and by that I mean ANY weapon.we still have plenty of real life weapons for him to try and that's not counting the fictional weapons

Ryu NEEDS a laido style

as for a game of him as a kid, I think that's a bit much a good cut scene of something like his first kill would do at the very least.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
You need to keep in mind Ryu is pretty much a master of weapons and by that I mean ANY weapon.we still have plenty of real life weapons for him to try and that's not counting the fictional weapons

Ryu NEEDS a laido style

as for a game of him as a kid, I think that's a bit much a good cut scene of something like his first kill would do at the very least.

Cutscene of Ryu & Momiji as little kids being trained by Joe and Muramasa would be so awesome

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't think muramasa has anything to do with the village before the dark dragon blade incident

If Ryu got another long range weapon I think a serated chain would be cool.it could focus on grabbing attacks ouch

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD