What Hayate did you like the most? 3, 4, 5, or Ein? Why?

What Hayate did you prefer?

• DOA5 Hayate - CH Stuns, Stuns, Stuns.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TakedaZX

Sup guys. Just something that's been on my mind for awhile but I guess I'll drop a little disclaimer:

As much as I dislike DOA5 Hayate, this isn't in anyway to try to get him changed. I'm just one guy anyway.

If you know me, you know I don't enjoy DOA5 Hayate as much as I enjoyed DOA4 Hayate. There's multiple reasons but it all boils down to a few things. DOA4 Hayate fixed the problem that I had with DOA3 Hayate. I actually felt bad ass for the things that I did because Hayate had bad ass moves, good stuns, good damage, and a solid stance.

Transitioning into DOA5, that stance was scrapped and traded out for another uninspired one that includes an uppercut that was useless in doa4 (wind dash fixes that), a safe move that was fine by itself (wind dash k), a punch that is simple the second punch of 4pp with different numbers behind it, and an actual new grab animation that (imo) believe would work better as an expert mid punch hold.

I even went as far as to write up a list of things that could really up Hayate while returning him back to his DOA4 status without losing the new flare that had been given to him, so that he'd at least be somewhat on par with the higher tiered characters.

The Hayate section feels dead really. The only players really taking a liking to him or playing him seriously are those that have just dropped into the game/community and unfortunately because there's no high leveled players that really main Hayate and play him seriously, we've got no one to look too. All that really leaves is... us... and for that matter, me, but I'm not a high level player and I realize that.

It's honestly depressing... and it's funny because some people like the new Hayate but no one will truly main him like me. That's gotta say something...

So on that note, what version of Hayate did you enjoy the most?

Jaguar360

Sup guys. Just something that's been on my mind for awhile but I guess I'll drop a little disclaimer:

If you know me, you know I don't enjoy DOA5 Hayate as much as I enjoyed DOA4 Hayate. There's multiple reasons but it all boils down to a few things. DOA4 Hayate fixed the problem that I had with DOA3 Hayate. I actually felt bad ass for the things that I did because Hayate had bad ass moves, good stuns, good damage, and a solid stance.

Transitioning into DOA5, that stance was scrapped and traded out for another uninspired one that includes an uppercut that was useless in doa4 (wind dash fixes that), a safe move that was fine by itself (wind dash k), a punch that is simple the second punch of 4pp with different numbers behind it, and an actual new grab animation that (imo) believe would work better as an expert mid punch hold.

I even went as far as to write up a list of things that could really up Hayate while returning him back to his DOA4 status without losing the new flare that had been given to him, so that he'd at least be somewhat on par with the higher tiered characters.

The Hayate section feels dead really. The only players really taking a liking to him or playing him seriously are those that have just dropped into the game/community and unfortunately because there's no high leveled players that really main Hayate and play him seriously, we've got no one to look too. All that really leaves is... us... and for that matter, me, but I'm not a high level player and I realize that.

It's honestly depressing... and it's funny because some people like the new Hayate but no one will truly main him like me. That's gotta say something...

So on that note, what version of Hayate did you enjoy the most?
DOA4 Hayate was my favorite and definitely most badass. DOA3 Hayate was very plain, but good. Ein's awesome and I wish he would come back. DOA5 Hayate is cool, but not as good as 4. He's too linear now and his new wind dash does not work as well as before. DOA4 Hayate had teleports, great combos, was faster, and had the Ryujin throw! I still like all versions of Hayate so far, though.

Murakame

I like DOA4 Hayate and Ein more than DOA5 Hayate. DOA4 Hayate had a wind dash that was cool and slick. He could move in and attack in a instant just like the wind with the elbow and the low. He feels kind of sluggish in DOA5 and he doesn't look that way in 4. The thing is I have never even played DOA4 Hayate but he left a impact on me. That teleport. That Cartwheel kick. That wind dash. I like some of DOA 5 Hayate's tools though like his wind dash launchers, 236T 7K and guard breaks. I would have preferred if he kept his teleport and cartwheel kicks in addition to that because its not like he would have been broken with them.

Jaguar360

He feels kind of sluggish in DOA5 and he doesn't look that way in 4. The thing is I have never even played DOA4 Hayate but he left a impact on me. That teleport.
I wanted to say something like this, but I just couldn't point my finger on the term. He is definitely more sluggish. He doesn't flow as well as he does in 4/Dimensions. DOA4 Hayate was definitely very special. BTW Ein's a badass and I hope he is in DOA6.

TakedaZX

Aggression (in addition to flow)

He was allowed so much of it in 4 with all of his choices. Now they apparently don't want that for him... it's unfortunate... and yea Ein was bad ass, he was my first true main, and I'd never had more fun with a character in my life except for DOA4 Hayate, but that's different.

I'm going to keep messing around with my list. Maybe I'll find a point where I want to show it to team-ninja.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Aggression (in addition to flow)
He was allowed so much of it in 4 with all of his choices.
Yeah, you're nuts. DOA3 Hayate is easily the most aggressive and scariest of them all. Regardless of whether you're playing 3.0, 3.1 or 3.2. He's his own tier in 3.0.

Jaguar360

Yeah, you're nuts. DOA3 Hayate is easily the most aggressive and scariest of them all. Regardless of whether you're playing 3.0, 3.1 or 3.2. He's his own tier in 3.0.
I think he had equal pressure and aggression in 3 and 4 even though his play style was drastically different. In 3 he was crazy fast and had scary juggles. DOA4 Hayate was both fast and powerful and had a lot of options at hand. He was probably S tier in both games, too.

Chaos

The Tenjin Mon Warrior from DOA3/DOA4 is definitely the best and I consider him as the real Hayate in those two sequels unlike Hayate from DOA5 :hayate:

Edit: But I prefer Ein over Hayate.

TakedaZX

How am I nuts? I never said DOA3 Hayate was bad, he just wasn't interesting.

DOA3 Hayate was scary on frames, damage, and combo possibilities. That was it. Of course I would love for DOA5 Hayate to be that status... but only on numbers and properties on some moves. His DOA4 moves made him play uniquely, but DOA5 Hayate seems to want him to play that DOA3 Hayate style without the tools he had that made him good in the first place in that game.

They need to find a mid point between the three 3(.1 and .2), 4(.0 and .1) and 5(.02 and .03)... and it's there, they're just not seeing it.

SilverForte

I never liked hayate much in 4 tbh, I guess I just like Ein more. I do prefer him in 3 to his other incarnations.

Murakame

"DOA3 Hayate was only scary on all the things important in a fighting game. That's it. No big deal."

Lol he said he never said DOA 3 Hayate was bad. He was just boring to look at or watch whereas DOA4 Hayate had a unique playstyle, tools and was visually impressive. DOA4 was where the wind dash was introduced I believe and come on. How are you going to call yourself the wind when you don't move like you are the wind? There are players out there who care about aesthetics in a fighting game y'know lol.

Kronin

How are you going to call yourself the wind when you don't move like you are the wind?

So after this Hayate's line in Doa4 "A single flash of lightning", I think that we all can imagine how will be his counterpart in Doa6:

;)

Anyway returning on topic I think that for an aesthetic point of view of his moveset, surely the best one is Hayate's Doa4 with his teleport (also if at least in that game I think that the ninja were too much unbalanced compared to almost the rest of the cast). Said this I always been a big fan (and player in Doa4 and DoaOL) of Ein and his Karate more than Hayate XD

TakedaZX

"DOA3 Hayate was only scary on all the things important in a fighting game. That's it. No big deal."
I never said DOA3 Hayate was bad, he just wasn't interesting.
Good try though.

I'll stress it again since you decided to [cherry] pick that sentence out of all of it.

DOA3 Hayate was a great character, but he wasn't interesting.

DOA4 Hayate was great as well, but he was more so interesting and aesthetically pleasing than godlike but he was extremely effective as well, just not exactly for the same reasons that DOA3 Hayate was.

Zeo

Ein trumps all versions of Hayate in my book. He's been my favorite character (and main sans' DOA3) since DOA2 a decade ago and he continues to be to this day.

DOA3 is my favorite incarnation of Hayate however. Now, why's that? Well rather than the craziness of 4, he was an extremely powerful and simple character. He retained everything that made Ein great but with his own unique feel as well. He was a true Ein replacement in DOA3. Then there was his gameplay, 9pp being +2, 6p being safe, the cartwheels... easily the strongest incarnation of Hayate to date and in my opinion the most fun.

DOA4 Hayate was the flashiest version of Hayate for sure and crazy fun. But he lacked the type of gameplay I'd come to love from DOA3, probably because it had that not so flashy but simple and effective technique that DOA3 Hayate was known for. As for DOA5 Hayate... no explanation needed lol.

Short version: Ein is my favorite. DOA3 Hayate is my favorite version of Hayate because he plays the most like Ein.

Jaguar360

Ein trumps all versions of Hayate in my book. He's been my favorite character (and main sans' DOA3) since DOA2 a decade ago and he continues to be to this day.

DOA3 is my favorite incarnation of Hayate however. Now, why's that? Well rather than the craziness of 4, he was an extremely powerful and simple character. He retained everything that made Ein great but with his own unique feel as well. He was a true Ein replacement in DOA3. Then there was his gameplay, 9pp being +2, 6p being safe, the cartwheels... easily the strongest incarnation of Hayate to date and in my opinion the most fun.

DOA4 Hayate was the flashiest version of Hayate for sure and crazy fun. But he lacked the type of gameplay I'd come to love from DOA3, probably because it had that not so flashy but simple and effective technique that DOA3 Hayate was known for. As for DOA5 Hayate... no explanation needed lol.

Short version: Ein is my favorite. DOA3 Hayate is my favorite version of Hayate because he plays the most like Ein.
I think Hayate should be more like DOA3 in the next game if they don't bring back Ein again. I do recall reading that TN wanted to include Ein and Leon in DOA5, but didn't due to time constraints. So, assuming Ein will be back in DOA6 (or DOA5+ ???), I would still like him to be more DOA4ish. I could never really get the hang of Ein, though, even though he is my third-favorite character in the series so far.

TakedaZX

Yea, I have a similar connection with Ein. I especially loved him in DOA4 but I just didn't get far enough into him because Hayate in 4 was flashy and drew my attention away. I'd mained Ein in 2 and 2U though.

I respect what you're saying though about DOA3 Hayate but I'd like to even take it a step farther than that, and meet at a mid point where everyone's getting what they enjoyed from Ein, DOA3 Hayate, DOA4 Hayate, and working with the good points of DOA5 Hayate.

I understand characters need to have weaknesses, but Hayate's weakness right now is just far too blatant... compared to JL or Lei...

SilverForte

Yeah, I enjoy playing Shiden more than Hayate in Dimensions simply because he's just solid. Shiden is similar to doa3 hayate, he's safer, but doesnt have all the fancy stuff.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Did you guys requested TN enough to bring us back the DOA3/DOA4 Hayate? If we keep asking them, maybe they will listen.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD