What is the win/loss ratio between Hitomi and Leifang through competition online and in person?

Who is a higher tier over another?

• Total voters
I want to know what is a win/loss ratio between the two as Hitomi got nerfed during DOA5/6 while Leifang improved through patches.

It isn't like DOA3/4/D when Hitomi used to be dominant and it would take a highly skilled Leifang player to overcome her.

For your perspective playing the two characters, what is it like to face one another? Like you as a Hitomi player going up against a highly skilled Leifang player while on the other side as a Leifang player using all the skills to defeat a Hitomi player.

Many favor Hitomi over Leifang as the majority but in opinion and skill can Leifang be capable of defeating Hitomi in and out. This has been debated over and over but either character seems to be balanced based upon skillset and stats.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wouldn't say Leifang has improved tbh, she was great in 5 era but in 6 she's not that great with characters who can do what she does better. And in 3 and 4, I think it was actually Leifang who was stronger, she was one of the best in 3 and in 4 she was still pretty strong too

For perspective, there's really none, Hitomi relies on offense and spacing to apply pressure and fight while Leifang focuses more on defensive reads and using her holds and parries to get herself started, Leifang has a higher skill gap needed to play her but she'll generally dust Hitomi every time in the hands of a good player

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Leifang was actually considered one of the top 5-10 characters when it came to reversal movekit and keeping a solid health lead due to DOA's general mechanic of the triangle system. She has a mid parry that mitigates both mid strikes and mid kicks without having to commit to big reads as most holding in the game requires you to pick one or the other depending on what's being aimed at you (obviously a high as well, but the universal high hold covers both as well). Especially if played right and what gets put on block. Leifang can put a move that's -5 on block and then immediately parry afterwards because she's safe, any opponent can throw her for it but that's a read and can be situational as a player can also fuzzy, it's essentially covering 3 options in one go.

Anything that reduces read work and general Yomi while getting rewarded for it is extremely strong in any DOA format, Leifang is very good at it lol. It's also why Gen Fu was another who was very powerful and he was considered to be the best character back in DOA5 with 2 upgrades on top of it since he can follow the same principal but in a more straightforward way. She was actually not that far off behind him with most of the weakness is that she had a slightly less effective neutral game (depending on character match up) than Gen Fu + ranged bits since she has issues getting in against keepout, Japan had Leifang as a top 3 character (mostly because Terurock was a super strong player i'd imagine, which I also agree with her placing in 5) but Leifang in general was very strong as she can enforce someone to defend more because she can condition them to attack less in fear of reversals.

I can't speak for DOA6 since I haven't played it in a long time (except for the previous iterations which I haven't played in a long time either), but if you are playing Leifang in general and made an opponent who's super offensive and always hitting buttons upclose while disregarding the consequences and made he/she defend more, you nailed it.

If it's regarding your answer to your post, I definitely pick Leifang having a higher win/ratio not because of current DOA progression, but through DOA overall as the character was effectively better in any situation as long as someone she's playing against is hitting a button.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD