What "new" feature in any doa game would you do away with?

gamemaster14

Personally for me, I don't like the power blow moves that doa5 introduced as I find it breaks up the action a bit and is something that could be easily abused. Plus I feel it does not fit too well with the rest of the series mechanics.

Edit: Almost forgot about, Tecmo milking the dlc cow for everything it's worth.

So, What new feature introduced in any doa game would you remove? It could be anything from a character, gameplay mechanic, you name it.

Last edited:

Jacnob

Second the milking.

Other than that, none of the changes are annoying enough for me to complain about.

Raansu

I don't mind the power blows. I do dislike the drastic changes to the stun system in doa4 and 5.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

The OOC DLCs, like I can understand the younger girls having school gym outfits but Christie be like NOTICE ME RIG SENPAI
Overalls, Hot Getaway and School outfits weren't too bad since they suited the characters. Some of the ninja stuff is okay, too.

I actually like the power blows.

AND PLEASE NO CLOTHING DESTRUCTION UNLESS IT IS POWERBLOWS OR DANGER ZONES OR CERTAIN MOVES.

(insert Christie jabbing Brad in the trousers and they just disintegrate.) no

gamemaster14

Sixaxis controller motion controlled boob jiggle. Just so... unnecessary.
Unfortunately that was introduced in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and I couldn't see it going anywhere as it would appear to be what "the fans" want. Almost as bad as people getting mad that the boobs weren't big enough in the alpha demo so tecmo made them bigger for the final version.

gamemaster14

srsly they're just bewbs people need to calm
Unfortunately people tend to take parts of a video game more seriously then they should, if something is changed they act as if it is one of their children and it shouldn't be changed for the better or worse. I never understood why people care so much or why developers cave in so easily, there is this as an example and when they made the better ending for Mass Effect 3 since people felt they needed to complain on how someone else made something. It would be like going to the bakery and telling the baker he didn't use enough chocolate in the cake and he should make it again but better.

Darth Lotonic X

Unfortunately people tend to take parts of a video game more seriously then they should, if something is changed they act as if it is one of their children and it shouldn't be changed for the better or worse. I never understood why people care so much or why developers cave in so easily, there is this as an example and when they made the better ending for Mass Effect 3 since people felt they needed to complain on how someone else made something. It would be like going to the bakery and telling the baker he didn't use enough chocolate in the cake and he should make it again but better.

So you're saying that if a consumer pays to get a shitty product they should just lie down and take it? What if they were promised something else? If I was promised a chocolate cake(good ending), and got one with very little chocolate(shitty ending) instead I think I'd be entitled to a corrections. That said, this is a shitty comparison. The Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco is hardly comparable to an easily fixable bakery error, let alone tit sizes.

gamemaster14

I personally had no problem with the Mass Effect 3 ending. Its their work and they should be able to end it the way they choose, who are we to tell them how to do their job?

Argentus

I personally had no problem with the Mass Effect 3 ending. Its their work and they should be able to end it the way they choose, who are we to tell them how to do their job?
We are the people who payed for a product and were lied to about the product we were paying for.

Fuck the mass effect 3 ending and its "everyone in the galactic community dies off no matter what you do" depressing as shit unthought through ending. Plus its completely at odds with the writing if the rest of the series and feels like someone handed the last hour of the game off to their hipster teen kid who was trying to be ironic by making all choices not matter because everyone dies anyway and seriously fuck that I could go on for hours.

Anyways id get rid of the supers (power blows/launchers), and seriously nerf or remove the force techs (weaponized corpse kicking, so bs.)

Not to mention id get rid of the ugly menus, music and stages and bring back the sleeker aesthetics of the past games.

TLEE SAID THIS:

I guess the power launcher could go because of how under utilized it is, whereas the power blow can be more useful, e.g. outside of critical burst for mind games and be side-step canceled. The input that the power launcher could have instead been a new move for all the characters.

Argentus

I guess the power launcher could go because of how under utilized it is, whereas the power blow can be more useful, e.g. outside of critical burst for mind games and be side-step canceled. The input that the power launcher could have instead been a new move for all the characters.
As opposed to now where its just a cut scene super whose only role is to make the trailers look good.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm not very found of the PLs, it looks stupid to be honest.

Now that TN likes particles, I want to see some visual and sound effects added to the PBs.

Example :
1427490257-confetti.png

1427490257-water-effect-set-3-frostbodevi.png

Please not this
1427490966-leon.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD