Community Where is the party at?

Nate

I always played DOA on Xbox, but for whatever reason, I got 5U for PSN. I swear it seems dead. Unless I log on at key hours, I'm the only person in Ranked queue and there is maybe 3 lobbies (1 tag, 1 room of F's button mashing, another room of people clearly just playing with pixel boobs and hyperventilating into their microphones).

Is it more alive on Xbox? I was going to get a copy if so. Or where is the party on PSN?

I was lucky to run across a lobby last night with some great talent, altho due to work mishaps, only got one match in.

Anyways... I've always had my doubts about DOA (I mean face it, training says Hayate's 3H+K, PK combos... the own makers of the game don't get it...) but I cannot change the fact I just love playing Hayate. So... where's the party at?

Dave

The game is way more active on Xbox 360. There are always lobbies open, more depending on the time of day. Same with ranked.

AkaShocka

Please. There are plenty of lobbies on PSN. I don't know what you're talking about. And I don't know what you guys mean (not saying you said this, but other XBL players said) about 360 having better players. As a whole, yes, but PSN has some players that would smoke XBL. I've played on XBL at my friends house and only lost like 4 times. Had a 12 win streak then I left.But yea, on PSN there are plenty of lobbies.

Gurimmjaw

There are plenty of lobbies on PSN you can join. Maybe like in 4 in the morning you will only see a few, but when I search for lobbies I see at least 9 of them.

Argentus

Keep in mind its primarily an xbox series. People have been playing it on xbox since doa3, and then doa4, probably kept right on with 5 and 5u. Only reason I play ps is because its free there. Soon as I can afford it, I'm switching to xbox as well.

David Gregg

Hmm...good question. So if you play during odd hours...yeah XBL is pretty dead as well but I'd say PSN by virtue of core fighters has more players so I'd stick with that.
And I don't know what you guys mean (not saying you said this, but other XBL players said) about 360 having better players. As a whole, yes, but PSN has some players that would smoke XBL. I've played on XBL at my friends house and only lost like 4 times. Had a 12 win streak then I left.But yea, on PSN there are plenty of lobbies.
Is there a reason why you felt like trying to start a PS3 vs. 360 players war? Next time try and be a little more subtle about it instead of using the excuse "I didn't say this XBL players did".

AkaShocka

Hmm...good question. So if you play during odd hours...yeah XBL is pretty dead as well but I'd say PSN by virtue of core fighters has more players so I'd stick with that.

Is there a reason why you felt like trying to start a PS3 vs. 360 players war? Next time try and be a little more subtle about it instead of using the excuse "I didn't say this XBL players did".
Aye sir. A few XBL players came on to PSN and said how much better it is on 360. I'm not starting a war, I was just stating. Don't get me wrong, I believe as a whole XBL is better. But, as I said, PSN has some players that can go into XBL and be just fine. Need an example of someone who said XBL is better? Ok. The guy was Itr800 or something. I think it's Itr800 or Itr something. I can see if where you got me saying that as negative because it's hard to tell someone's tone through text. But I was not starting anything, just trying to defend my platform.

David Gregg

Don't get me wrong, I believe as a whole XBL is better. But, as I said, PSN has some players that can go into XBL and be just fine. But I was not starting anything, just trying to defend my platform.

Well how about this, I've played 5 (not 5U) on both PSN and XBL and I think there are equal amounts of skill for both so I disagree with you that XBL is better (and in fact I would rather be on PSN just b/c there are lot more ppl especially from this site that I want to play with). But the point I was trying to make is that avoiding 5 paragraph argument posts that fill up 30 pages is probably a good idea. You don't need to defend anything everyone knows the PSN is good. lol. But like OP wanted to know, I agree with you there are many more lobbies on the PSN.

Yaguar

I know for myself on PSN we lock our lobbies normally and hide away.

On a note of 360 vs. PS3 I'd vote that there were more people in 5 there for sure. This generally meant more versatility in picks, I barely saw Brad on PSN but quite often on XBL.

PSN is busy in peak EU times. There seem to be a lot of US and JPN lobbies too, since the Japanese aren't too fond of XBox I guess this is where you'll find most. I've never struggled to find people to play in 5U, that could just be down to it being more orientated to certain regions compared to XBox. Be a fun thing to find out as a research project (go go students!)

Brute

Standard Donor
There are lobbies on PSN, but not good ones. Most are filled with noobs who will kick you for winning, have 1 bar connections, play Tag all the time, pick Dojo, call you a try-hard, play with 1 round matches, etc.

The best lobbies with the coolest players tend to be private. So meet the right people and get invites.
Seriously. I log on for 5 minutes, get 200 invites, most to private lobbies. That really is the way to go.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Yeah I don't know I have no problem finding lobbies on either console. I don't get on PSN much, but when I do I find that there are a large amount of active lobbies. As for ranked match on PSN I was able to get around 60 games over the course of maybe 2 hours(which is really good).

Darkton93

I don't seem to have any luck getting a match on XBL. I usually do this at 7:00 PM, though, since that's when I'm free.

tonyz723

I seem to find it pretty hard to find ranked matches on the 360 quickly, so I'll normally try lobby matches. I've found that a decent option is to go into training mode and look around for throwdowns, since when your match is over, you can just keep training and wait for another one.

Kayin Amoh

Waited in Ranked for ten minutes, played with throwdowns on for half an hour. No games at all. 12am GMT, PS3 version, 3+ connection limit, any region.

Not sure if my connection's screwed up, it does mention that it's nat type 2 - which I hear is only an indication that you're going through a router.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
In general I've had no issues finding matches in Ranked on 360 but I admittedly don't play often. Last time I played online was about two weeks ago and I was getting matches within about 15 seconds of searching.

Edited my post after bothering to actually read what I quoted.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I usually find Ranked Matches quicker using the Throwdown option. When I go through the online menu, I usually have a good wait, but it isn't too terrible. Also, I find a lot of lobbies on the PS3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD