Where would you put Mai Shiranui on the Tier List?

What tier is Mai Shiranui?

• S

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • B

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• E

• F

• Total voters

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
71A9D4B584E8B65CC5D0EE711F8960A1D5610361

Now that both The King of Fighters guests have been released for a while, what are your general thoughts specifically for Mai?

Speaking from a mechanical view she could be seen as a massive improvement from DOA5. She's already seen a tournament win and is being picked up as a pocket character for many top players already. Her design has been praised by most as one of the best in the game, and when you combine that with her awesome move animations you have a pretty stellar addition.

Though not everything has been peaches as some prefer her moves in DOA5 and maybe just miss the DOA5 system overall. I'm stuck on Tina and Bass at the moment, so I'm sure plenty of character loyalists are wondering what the true players of Mai Shiranui think of her now.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
From watching people play her and comparing how she is now in comparison to DOA5 I would place her at about low mid A to high B. She's fast which is good and she got improvements like a launch throw and she's still as adept as ever but she's not as safe anymore so things like 214P and PPPP and 9PKP+K that used to be able to be delayed and other small adjustments to her made her more fair and less cheap than she was in DOA5 where she had alot more going for her like 6H+K and 8H+K being safer, 8P and 1K stunning on NH, etc.

I think she's still good but just not as good as she was in DOA5LR. I'd take LR Mai over DOA6 Mai anyday xD

Dr PaC

Solid A. Need to fix the hurtbox issue when she jumps and buff her damage. Maybe give her a better combo route after her launcher.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD