Which characters should get higher billing in future DOA titles?

Tina2040_

Or be the "poster" girl/guy.

Inspired by another thread.

Throughout DOA's lifespan, there have been quite a few characters with top billing in terms of story and promotional art, etc.

DOA2: Kasumi
DOA3: Ayane / Hitomi
DOA4: Kasumi / Helena
DOA5: Mila
DOA5 LR: Marie / Honoka
DOA6: Diego/ Kasumi / NiCo

Going forward, which characters do you think should be represented more in the story and promotional art?

I think DOA6's story, though lukewarm at best, headed towards the right direction in taking some of the attention of Kasumi until the very end.

I can see Hitomi, Mila and Eliot having the potential to lead the series in a different direction. Ayane can remain the top billed character. There are a number of relationships for her to explore with the characters, and I've always considered her to have more of an interesting story than Kasumi (she carried DOA3 IMO). Get her to act independently. Split the clan, change the dynamic.

Christie can definitely be made to be, or represent, the antagonist(s). Although she's human, she is an assassin and I think that should really be emphasised in future titles as it was in DOA3. She needs a revamp though; she's losing her sinister touch and is too accessible by the characters. Have her kill off a redundant character (like Miyako) to instill that antagonistic attitude.

Let's hear some thoughts

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kasumi is the main character of DOA so I feel naturally she should have the most focus since the story focuses around her the most. Kasumi was promoted in DOA6 but she's hardly in the story compared to Nico and Honoka and Marie Rose who have much more focus which I think is silly. The next game could probably focus on Kasumi again, and Helena and Nico due to how it ended and Donovan was never truly defeated. Everyone else doesn't have a plot really in DOA6 from what I can see, they're just there b

Promo characters I feel should tie into region, like in Japan they focused on the sexual aspectc with LR but left the west in the dark regarding that for the most part. In the west they should focus on Ryu, Kasumi, Ayane(She carried DOA3 since the story was already focused on her and Genra), and maybe other characters who are used more among western players(Helena, Christie, Hayate, etc.) and Japan can center their focus on Marie, Honoka, and Nico since that's who they're into now.

P2p1mbs

At this point, with a relatively large cast, it would be difficult to give higher billing to the existing characters save Kasumi and Ayane. I always thought that Marie, Honoka and NiCO got top billing in 6 because they were technically the newcomers to the story despite Marie and Honoka first appearing in last round (the same goes to Diego for winning the tournament).

I expect future games will still have Kasumi as the poster girl but the story would focus on any newcomers for that game and some focus on Honoka, NiCO and Helena given what happened in the end of 6.

I just hope they decrease focus on Marie seeing how irrelevant she was to the main story.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Personally I would like to see Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate, Donovan and Helena on the poster since they’re basically the main characters when it comes to the overall game plot. Other characters except them just wouldn’t feel right with me since their stories just aren’t compelling enough for me.

P2p1mbs

Personally I would like to see Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate, Donovan and Helena on the poster since they’re basically the main characters when it comes to the overall game plot. Other characters except them just wouldn’t feel right with me since their stories just aren’t compelling enough for me.

Donovan could only be on the cover if he was playable and he likey never will be.

Helena at least was front-center for DOA4 (with Tina and Christie beside her for some reason) but other than showing up with multiple other characters, I doubt she will ever be the cover girl again, that will ALWAYS be Kasumi. Keep in mind, Helena was not in the cover for ANY release of DOA5 (while Tina and Christie were in the covers for 5 and 5 Ultimate).

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Donovan could only be on the cover if he was playable and he likey never will be.

Helena at least was front-center for DOA4 (with Tina and Christie beside her for some reason) but other than showing up with multiple other characters, I doubt she will ever be the cover girl again, that will ALWAYS be Kasumi. Keep in mind, Helena was not in the cover for ANY release of DOA5 (while Tina and Christie were in the covers for 5 and 5 Ultimate).
Kasumi being the cover girl is something that always should be the case since DOA is revolved around her.

HHH816

i think they will went into kokoro-helena-maria situation.

then marie , nico and honoka will get involved.

if they went into ayane killed miyako accidently or not similar to itagaki storyline for 5.

the ninjas will get involve too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD