Which platform has the most online players?

NeverBe

Hi everyone,

I really like this game as a fighting game, not just the female (ahem*), but unfortunately I do not have any friend in real life who play this game, so I will probably pvp online. I started this game on PC (steam), but it seems that very few people playing online on PC.

Among all the platforms, which one has the highest base players who play online (be it rank or unrank, I just wanna play with people, instead of CPU).

Thank you!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The highest amount for players is the PS4 and it's the most used console for tournaments. PS4 is definitely the one on likely to get matches in.

NeverBe

The highest amount for players is the PS4 and it's the most used console for tournaments. PS4 is definitely the one on likely to get matches in.

Thank you for your response! In fact, as I observe the response timing, it seems that (I could be wrong) this forum is running out of people maybe(?). Anyway, how long is the usual wait time on ps4 if you so happen to play on that?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Thank you for your response! In fact, as I observe the response timing, it seems that (I could be wrong) this forum is running out of people maybe(?). Anyway, how long is the usual wait time on ps4 if you so happen to play on that?

No problem. The forum is a bit between of getting quiet and then having a huge number of people log in when something is up relating competitive portions or content related. However DLC content is ending this December so members who only signed up for that to check and posts about that will probably be in the forums far less than usual. The forums will still be active upcoming, but not as big as back then. Some of the members are a bit of both who are still around.

The usual time for getting games on the PS4 is pretty fast in the lobby system, you are more likely to get matches going there than ranked matches. (Rank matches is dead and hardly anyone goes there since the amount of points to earn anything higher than U+ is time consuming which makes players not touch it at all). I have both the PC version and PS4 version and it's without a doubt that the PS4 version has the most amount of players to get matches.

NeverBe

No problem. The forum is a bit between of getting quiet and then having a huge number of people log in when something is up relating competitive portions or content related. However DLC content is ending this December so members who only signed up for that to check and posts about that will probably be in the forums far less than usual. The forums will still be active upcoming, but not as big as back then. Some of the members are a bit of both who are still around.

The usual time for getting games on the PS4 is pretty fast in the lobby system, you are more likely to get matches going there than ranked matches. (Rank matches is dead and hardly anyone goes there since the amount of points to earn anything higher than U+ is time consuming which makes players not touch it at all). I have both the PC version and PS4 version and it's without a doubt that the PS4 version has the most amount of players to get matches.

Amazing! I guess I will probably switch to the PS4 version too. Do you still get any online matches nowadays on steam though?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Amazing! I guess I will probably switch to the PS4 version too. Do you still get any online matches nowadays on steam though?

Cool, makes sense. It's been a while since I touched the steam version online, but when I did played it was less consistent getting matches due to the lack of a lobby system despite the steam version having better matches in connection without delays. I haven't checked the steam these recent days but it's safe to assume that it's a lot less players now due to content ending soon. If anything, most of the players just end up modding the game on PC and it'll be the last DOA game on PC (probably.)

Note to add, the search/create match settings can vary with what you want to find. Example, there is also tag matches in DOA5LR online which you have players that only play tag if you only play solo, so you'd have to increase the settings to both if you play both (if that's possible). However just for the sake of it, tag is damned and not taken seriously for gameplay. You could still play it for fun of course with friends but that's pretty much it.

--------------------------------------

The default settings the game gives you when you search in random lobby matches are: 2 rounds - 99 time. You'll find this setting to be pretty much everywhere (kinda) when someone starts core fighters for the first time or something.

The "true" default settings to getting proper matches are: 3 rounds - 60 seconds (this is also the tournament standard settings and also the settings that are in ranked matches.) It's preferred that you start from here as you can have more game time and getting used to what players would pick.

Every other setting doesn't really matter since it's just there. You can adjust it to your own preference if someone looks for it but just remember that there is another mode which limits the settings (Solo/Tag). There will probably be days where you'll find more tag lobbies than solo lobbies and vice-versa.

Last edited:

NeverBe

It's been a while since I touched the steam version online, but when I did played it was less consistent getting matches due to the lack of a lobby system despite the steam version having better matches in connection without delays. I haven't checked the steam these recent days but it's safe to assume that it's a lot less players now due to content ending soon. If anything, most of the players just end up modding the game on PC and it'll be the last DOA game on PC (probably.)

Cool, makes sense. Note to add, the search/create match settings can vary with what you want to find. Example, there is also tag matches in DOA5LR online which you have players that only play that if you only play solo, so you'd have to increase the settings to both (if that's possible).

--------------------------------------

The default settings the game gives you when you search in random lobby matches are: 2 rounds - 99 time. You'll find this setting to be pretty much everywhere (kinda) when someone starts core fighters for the first time or something.

The "true" default settings to getting proper matches are: 3 rounds - 60 seconds (this is also the tournament standard settings and also the settings that are in ranked matches.) It's preferred that you start from here as you can have more game time and getting used to what players would pick.

Every other setting doesn't really matter since it's just there. You can adjust it to your own preference if someone looks for it.

Oh, ya, now you mentioned it. I almost forgot that the DLC this December is the last one. What a shame!

I never know that steam version has better matches in connection without delay though. That is new to me! The last time I played on steam, there were very few players playing online. If PS4 can get consistent online pvp gameplay, I think that will be something I am looking for.

I really appreciate your responses. Learnt a lot from those.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Oh, ya, now you mentioned it. I almost forgot that the DLC this December is the last one. What a shame!

I never know that steam version has better matches in connection without delay though. That is new to me! The last time I played on steam, there were very few players playing online. If PS4 can get consistent online pvp gameplay, I think that will be something I am looking for.

I really appreciate your responses. Learnt a lot from those.

You'll get a better learning experience from the game with consecutive matches. PS4 is the way to go at this point and a lot of players came from console so they are used to the platforms and lobby system to continue getting matches. Better to instantly start a match rather than getting one match in ranked steam, wait another 5-30 minutes just to get another match, and repeat. In all seriousness, time would be less burned too.

The PS4 version can vary in the same way as Steam when it comes to connection, the console version has forced delay but still very playable of course either way so it's a good choice. Hope you have a good experience and hopefully you'll enjoy the game on the console.

No problem, you're welcome.

NeverBe

You'll get a better learning experience from the game with consecutive matches. PS4 is the way to go at this point and a lot of players came from console so they are used to the platforms and lobby system to continue getting matches. Better to instantly start a match rather than getting one match in ranked steam, wait another 5-30 minutes just to get another match, and repeat. In all seriousness, time would be less burned too.

The PS4 version can vary in the same way as Steam when it comes to connection, the console version has forced delay but still very playable of course either way so it's a good choice. Hope you have a good experience and hopefully you'll enjoy the game on the console.

No problem, you're welcome.

Forgive me if I were wrong, but were you recently streaming on twitch?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Forgive me if I were wrong, but were you recently streaming on twitch?

No worries it's cool. Haven't streamed for a couple days. By recent you mean today? ah nah. Last time I streamed was around the 24th or something, don't remember lol. I do stream but not often.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD