DOA5U Whiffed Hold Punishment

ToiletMangoes

What have you guy found to be the most effective way to punish whiffed holds? I use Shooting Star and Deja Vu for just straight damage. As for set ups into a combo I just don't know. You guys have any ideas?

ailingeternity

Against standing holds Deja Vu is your go-to for guaranteed punishment, SSP is obviously more damaging but only just frame guaranteed, none of Lisa's launchers offer enough damage to be used as punishment, especially as you gain no bonuses from them. Against low holds always go for :3::h::+::P: . :h::+::P: and follow-up with the appropriate juggle it will always do more damage than :2::h::+::P: even on hi-counter although the latter is a faster option.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
If you want to punish with a strike, you could always(unless they go for a low hold) do pk(k) for natural combo chip and frame advantage or finish it for a stun. if you want to be an asshat, do 4H+K everytime lol. Theres something to work with. Other than that i would stick to throws like 4/6T, DJV, or Hammer throw against a wall.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I try not to go for those in hi counter situations unless im by the wall(44T)

ToiletMangoes

Indeed my man. I like how this community is supportive of its members. Wish I could say the same for other FGs.

Anyways, Let's do a set Gruff. Its been way too long.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD