DOA6 Why Leon is Frequently Requested to Return

While Team NINJA is making big moves to bring their casual fan-base to Dead or Alive 6, it's important to remember that there is a list of possible characters that could return in the future. The most requested of past characters now that Momiji & Rachel have been released is Leon, and there are many logical reasons to deduct that he would be the best choice of the bunch even if it would be nice to see them all return. By simply applying the process of elimination to the remaining outcasts of DOA we can all see this become fact by the end of this post - and agree that Leon still has a place in this fighter.

Dead or Alive expects competitive players to be familiar with how the environment works, and how utilizing it well presents you with rewarding and satisfying damage. Can you name a character other than maybe Hayabusa that does this better than Leon? Taking Leon out of this game further cripples the lineup of heavy characters considering both Bayman & Bass are horrible competitively in their current state and couple that with the fact that Raidou just won his first tournament... ever!

Leon was a masterfully designed character for Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate & Last Round. With Leon's unique air-throw you could grab your foe out of the air and direct where you wanted to send your opponent flying. You could continue your damage on the ground and swing your opponent into another Danger Zone or off the edge of a level. This is not only great gameplay, but it showcases what makes 2D & 3D fighting games individual from one another.

While the gameplay is the most important part, the look of Leon should be preserved as well, and he should not be transformed into a female character like Bankotsubo was switched to Nyo-Tengu for DOA5. Though if it meant saving the play-style, players might be willing to compromise with this sacrifice. Alpha-152, Ein, Genra & Genfu are also previous contenders, but there are plenty of reasons why Leon should get to cut the line.

Alpha-152 seems like the biggest contender for Leon, but with one Kasumi-based character already, it begs the question if it would please anyone but save a few people in the offline tournament scene. Even if her look brings some additional color and possibilities to the franchise, we all know that Team NINJA doesn't like characters with NO STORY possibilities!

This brings us to Genfu, and regardless if he's dead or alive, most players agree that his story has concluded and that Eliot took the torch from his master. While it's unfortunate we may never see Sweet Revenge slay a tournament again, it is nice knowing that pieces of this classic character are left in Eliot's awesome bear stance.

This Classic DOA4 Ending Became a Reality with DOA6

With these great additions surrounding the spirit of Genfu from both the storyline & Eliot's stance, it makes sense to leave the idea of bringing him back alone. Team NINJA has mentioned there was a possibility he may one day return, but it seems unlikely at this point considering this space is better filled with something not already in the game.

Ein felt different enough from Hitomi, and was a cool counterpart to Hayate, but what DOA needs now is another heavy and a character that isn't a clone in any way. A clone in the near future could be catastrophic to building any excitement with how long we are waiting for characters, but if DOA6 had a complete roster that felt picture perfect, I think most people wouldn't mind seeing him back.

It might seem like a competition, but it's really not. In the end there is one clear option, and that is the World's Strongest Man.

Last edited:
I can’t stress this enough, but Ein, Gen Fu and Alpha 152 shouldn’t return to 6, at all. I feel bad for their mains but we need new faces, the only new faces we’ve seen as dlc in 6 are Tamaki and Kula. And that’s bad, Leon is the only character that deserves to return and actually could have a reason to return. The others don’t, they’re just filler slots.

Only my (selfish) opinion :
- Leon should return with new moves and a new story
- Hayate should have an Ein mechanic called "Faust"
- Alpha's moves should be split between Phase 4 and Maria-152 (and give her 9K to Helena's teishitsu)
- Gen Fu should get a revamped "close-range/acrobatic" Wing Chun-like moveset like Master Yoda/Ip Man

Last edited:
Only my (selfish) opinion :
Alpha's moves should be split between Phase 4
Yaaas!
I really wanted her to have Alpha's unique throws (BURST, BREAK and RUSH) with nerfed damage for DOA6.
Phase needs more attacks to differentiate from Kas imo!
I liked to play P4 way more in DOA5, but DOA6 really slayed with Kasumi's iteration!!
...and since Phase-4 is the only remaining clone, it would be awesome if the Kasumi α costume returned! Unlikely, but give her Alpha's jell-o costume as well:alpha152:

Just buy it and play as Bayman no sense in missing out on a fun game over one character

nope, You says that because Leon isn't your favorite :confused: Leon is a Classic character.

Look at Street Fighter V, for me that game sucks because no Dee Jay, T.Hawk, Fei Long, Elena & Adon. :(

Classic Characters Are very important for all veteran players.

Just buy it and play as Bayman no sense in missing out on a fun game over one character
Isn't one of the reasons Soul Calibur 5 was considered a failure because they replaced most of the classic characters with their kids? Granted, that was with more than one character... Also, I don't play Bayman very much, but aren't Leon and Bayman different enough to be called separate characters? I know some characters in fighting games like Lucina and Roy are considered mimic characters, but they also have enough different characteristics have their own identity.

Leon does deserve to return, but not buying/playing a DOA game because of Leon is pretty funny since he became quite irrelevant after DOA3. He already got shafted for 2 instalments straight now, if there is ever gonna be a DOA7 he’ll get shafted again.

Personally I can’t relate to missing my mains perk of being a Kasumi main and because even the guest characters I main returned (Mai and Momiji). However, I do feel
Empathy towards those who don’t have their main anymore. All I can do is help you out by also requesting Leon (despite me wanting to see new male characters).

1. Let :leon: be available as free dlc would be good
2. He's a classic dude and deserve his role in story mode
3. from 2. Leon should have a chance confrontation with Bayman how they're feel to each other more than rival and just passed by

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD