Win Streak Issue // Rage Quitters

Leifang12

I want to talk about the players who quit the match right after they've lost the match, to keep their win streak intact or their win percentage high in their stats. I think it's rather pathetic people who quits the game, just to meet them again a few moments later online, to get their ass kicked again and then quit again. I really think there should be a showcase of how much you quit the match or close the game, when playing online.

It's just unfortunate that people are so obsessed with winning, instead of learning the actual game.

Here is what I am talking about !

What do you guys think?

Raansu

Apparently there's someone running around at U rank with a 100-win streak on ps4. It is what it is.

PJudge

I could have sworn that if someone ragequit that you'd get the win on 5, or at least 5U, but I could be getting confused. Is there even a penalty for RQing at the moment?

Either way, if they RQ then you should get the win - I've only had a couple but one of them managed to quit after I'd dealt the final hit, which is almost impressive.

Raansu

I could have sworn that if someone ragequit that you'd get the win on 5, or at least 5U, but I could be getting confused. Is there even a penalty for RQing at the moment?

Either way, if they RQ then you should get the win - I've only had a couple but one of them managed to quit after I'd dealt the final hit, which is almost impressive.

From the video it looks like the winner still gets points. I don't know if the person who quit keeps his points or not aside from keeping the win streak.

Kuga

If i remember VF5FS have a cool way to punish quiters. There is a smiley visible for each player. After ragequits the smiley becomes more and more sad so when meeting someone online you instantly know if its even worth playing with that guy.

Shoot i just invented how companies can milk fighting games even more aside from their dlc characters strategy crap.

Imagine insulting rage quiters by stigmatizing them with some sort of chicken emblem. With every, say, 5 quits game gives next chicken emblem. Now all developers need to do is make some silly dlc by name of "Absolution" or other crap that removes one chicken and sell it for like 2 bucks. Amount od salty players gives near perfect business model.

Leifang12

It is is quite pathetic, I’m literally an U rank now (Almost Deranking because of sidestep spamming, low holding cucks with shit internet.) by beating rank boosters like Mazuko, Surpreme Ragna, Derealisationz, Ufle, etc. On a daily basis, the only legit person I’ve seen with a high streak is Murasaki and King Jaimy. Unfortunately there’s no penalty for rank boosters, I think streaks should be lost as soon as you quit the match, no matter what method is used for disconnecting.

Mazuko is the first one I've met online openly quits and just plays for the win streak, points. I also became S+ and U- rank today because of him and me defeating him 6 times. And also mid match he would taunt me. It is just really annoying and makes the game less fun !

I agree with Kuga ! There should be an emblem to indicate how fair the players are in leaving the match and rage quitting!

Ninoasker

wait what is this “rank booster” thing and why do people want them to be punished? are they hackers or some shit?

PJudge

From the video it looks like the winner still gets points. I don't know if the person who quit keeps his points or not aside from keeping the win streak.
I don't think I received the points from the match when I've had RQs, but in all fairness I also hadn't actively noted my RP.

I do like the emblem idea though, that could be fun.

Raansu

I don't think I received the points from the match when I've had RQs, but in all fairness I also hadn't actively noted my RP.

I do like the emblem idea though, that could be fun.

Ya the first match in the video of the OP he got +1142. I'm guessing you get bonus points for beating people with high win streaks like in DoA5.

Omegan Eckhart

I think I got one, thumbnail says it all really.

I seem to fight this person a lot. Although he's usually on his main account. Beat him on that one too :)

Edit: 30 minutes later...

Last edited:

Kuga

Well he lost fair and square and didnt disconnect at least to keep his streak. Quiting without rematch is legit.

GGs:).

NightAntilli

I've met a few... But only a handful. What I've met more is these weird lag spikers that somehow only cause freezes just after I launched them, causing me to drop my juggle. THAT annoys me.

And, I bet some people think I rage quit, because, on my PC, for some reason, the game often decides to close by itself for no apparent reason just after the match is over, independently of whether I won or not. Not sure why. It has happened mid fights too, just not as often.

Kuga

Wait just wait. Did you fight him 3 times durning say 15 mins or like once a day? If first option how in hell did he managed to have his streak unaffected when he lost and didnt disconnect? Does refusing rematch after loss do not reset streak? Im confused.

Leifang12

Wait just wait. Did you fight him 3 times durning say 15 mins or like once a day? If first option how in hell did he managed to have his streak unaffected when he lost and didnt disconnect? Does refusing rematch after loss do not reset streak? Im confused.

So what happens is we fight in ranked match on the PS4, he begins to taunt and play as well as he can and I still beat him and then he quits.

After a few minutes I wait in training, find a new matchup and it’s him again with the same winstreak ! I played him 3 times in a row and won every single time, and yet he doesn’t lose his streak!

It seems like I gain points and he quits and only continues when he wins, so his streak, points and win percentage is at 100%

Kuga

I get everything now. Checked some things myself, had to sin, forgive me.
Declining rematch usual way does reset streak - ive lost intentionaly and lost streak (wasnt sure because i never really decline).

Disconnecting durning match gives clear "disconnection" message. Clear quiter.

Now fun part, disconnecting durning winners character pose animation after match does NOT reset streak but it seems It gives the one who win message that quiter declined rematch. Ive intentionally lost and disconnected durning chars pose and it did NOT break my streak. Tried to contact my oponents what message did they get on screen but no one replied. But its obvious that this is what quiters do, because its simply impossible to decline match via online menu durning pose animation.
In other words, when you win a match and your oponent "declined a rematch" durning character win pose animation he is 100% quiter and rank booster.

Bogetsu

So what happens is we fight in ranked match on the PS4, he begins to taunt and play as well as he can and I still beat him and then he quits.

After a few minutes I wait in training, find a new matchup and it’s him again with the same winstreak ! I played him 3 times in a row and won every single time, and yet he doesn’t lose his streak!

It seems like I gain points and he quits and only continues when he wins, so his streak, points and win percentage is at 100%

That happened to me as well, but in XOne. The matchmaking wouldn't stop to pair me against a 24-win streak player. I was beaten in the first match we had, but then, I won the following one (by rematch).

After that, I returned to the online menu to search for more matches and we fought again. However, I could see that his or her win streak was the same!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD