Wired Connections are Superior for Online Play

extravagant

Those of you out there, using a shitty wireless connection, do your best to NOT use a wireless connection at all. Using a wired ethernet cord directly into your router is 100% better. I know some of you out there have your routers in other rooms of your house though. Well, if it's possible, buy an extra long wired ethernet cord and hook it from your PC/PS4/Xbox and plug it into your router, if possible!

Back in SF4 days I used to give people incredible lag spikes due to shitty wireless connections, it just does not come remotely close to the direct power connection of a wired connection. Or am I wrong?

Today I played against like 10 people with huge lag spikes, suspecting they all use wireless connection.s Just my two tips. Or are those days where wireless connections being crappy are no longer happening?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
While it's better to use wired connections in DOA6 there's a display now that shows you if someone is wired or not so I don't think it's as big a problem. Some people also can't help being wireless as well too but at least in DOA6 you can choose whether you want to fight them or not at your own risk

P2p1mbs

I never noticed bad connection when playing against either wired or wireless players but I have noticed a bit of connection issues on my end (which has cost me some matches :() but I really blamed that more on general slowness/poor quality in our local provider. The only way for me to play with a wire is if I moved my PS4 out of my room to the room with our router but I would not have the privacy to play or have much opportunity to do so since its a busy area at home. I'll have to stick with wireless and live with it.

Last edited:

Xion

some of you guys dont seem to realize that if you are on wifi and your opponent is on wired, your wifi connection is negatively affecting the game for both yourself and the wired player. Connection isnt about you or the other player, its about your connection to each other, so if one of you has an issue, then you both do. Its hilarious when I get blamed for bad connection when i have a 200mb wired connection.. its not me, its my connection to you and vice versa.

If you switch to a wired connection and start playing other wired players you'll notice an improvement.

Last edited:

N1ce Dreams

some of you guys dont seem to realize that if you are on wifi and your opponent is on wired, your wifi connection is negatively affecting the game for both yourself and the wired player. Connection isnt about you or the other player, its about your connection to each other, so if one of you has an issue, then you both do. Its hilarious when I get blamed for bad connection when i have a 200mb wired connection.. its not me, its my connection to you and vice versa.

If you switch to a wired connection and start playing other wired players you'll notice an improvement.
That is very true, but. But we can all be victims of our service providers. Doesn't matter how fast your line is, if it decides to shit itself whether it be for a second or an hour, we've all been to blame for some lag at one point or another. Only difference is we know Most of the time it isn't us because wired, good connection and so on.

NightAntilli

The indicator doesn't work flawlessly btw. I've seen the same person with the same connection show up as both wired and wireless.

Zeo

Been a Wifi warrior since the game came out. Ironically enough I had to move from where I was a couple months before it's release (where I actually had a wired setup). Some people don't always have wired internet as an option available. But at the very least you can avoid them now if you want.

Wired players avoid me, it sucks but I don't get mad or blame them and I know I'd avoid most Wifi warriors too if I myself had a wired connection. It's just how it is. I rarely have time to play these days anyway, but the point is, when you can, get a wired setup if you want to play online. It's just better. The further we go into the next generation, the harder and harder it's going to be for Wifi warriors as seeing your connection type becomes more common.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Installing a line for a wired connection is impossible in my current state of living... unless you consider a stubborn landlady slapping me a huge fine and an eviction an option.

Sucks for me, 'cause there are a lot of people I want to play. But nowadays folks act so overdramatic about wifi players that even some folks who I thought I was cool with are treating me like some kind of leper.

The waiting game to move again so I can play wired will be painful, but hopefully worth it if it means I'll be cool with everyone online.

PJudge

Installing a line for a wired connection is impossible in my current state of living... unless you consider a stubborn landlady slapping me a huge fine and an eviction an option.

Sucks for me, 'cause there are a lot of people I want to play. But nowadays folks act so overdramatic about wifi players that even some folks who I thought I was cool with are treating me like some kind of leper.

The waiting game to move again so I can play wired will be painful, but hopefully worth it if it means I'll be cool with everyone online.
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but would you not be able to use a power line adapter? I don't know the ins and outs of them specifically, but I know a few people who do use them and it seems to work pretty well and is better than relying on wifi!

Sexy Momiji

I'll just stick with Wifi. It works pretty well for me.

I can't even remember the last time I even used a wired connection.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but would you not be able to use a power line adapter? I don't know the ins and outs of them specifically, but I know a few people who do use them and it seems to work pretty well and is better than relying on wifi!
Now that I know how a powerline adapter works (hence I never used one before), I think the landlady will be okay with this option. Now I just need to find the right balance of one that's affordable and gives a decent connection.

To the initiated, is the TPLink 1000 good enough to powerline from a wireless router?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD