Community Would you guys like an online app with characters movelist, frame data, and sample videos of the character moves?

Are you interested?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LordTigerFu

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website, I've been a long time fan of the series and I finally got back into the game heavy and have been playing DOA 5 LR a lot. I'm really enjoying the game and was wanting to do something nice for the community.

Heres the backstory: I was playing Tekken 7 heavy before this and found that there's a really useful online app for the game, it's https://tekken.guru, and it was very helpful for me when playing and learning the game.

I was wondering if you guys would be interested in me making a similar app for the DOA community, and if so would anyone be willing to help me out in developing it. By that I mean helping me with certain info for the characters and such, while I'm putting it together.

I've never made a web app before but I'm willing to try and learn, so I can contribute something to the community and help beginners and even veterans have a resource to look at.

Thank you for reading and have a great day.

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
That sounds like a really useful resource! I wish you the best of luck in creating it, and hope to help contribute to the effort in any way that I can.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Something like that would be useful for the older games, but DOA5 and DOA6 already have those resources in the game itself (and for free). Maybe this would be useful when discussing the game on social media, discord etc without having to open the game up to check though.

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
DOA5 and DOA6 already have those resources in the game itself (and for free).
To be able to access all of this information for each and every move for all characters, on the fly, without even needing to enter training mode though? I think it would be really useful for comparing specific moves for multiple characters.

Uberprinny

Yes! There are some moves that I need to know how to execute the timing with. Tekken has a replay function on its timing with the buttons, a short vid of the move, and motions. We have command training in doa but thats not enough. The option of Command training should also be in the free training mode as well while you wait for online throwdowns!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't know shit about making an app but if you need a donation to get it going send me a DM.

LordTigerFu

I don't know shit about making an app but if you need a donation to get it going send me a DM.
Me neither, I'm going to have learn JavaScript for this lol, but I really want something for the community and I want the game to be taken more serious for it's great combat system and great gameplay. The beautiful women are a plus.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This was something that was brought up years ago actually for even DOA5LR at the time. The idea was brought up by Sly Bass at first for DOA but it never came to light, so the idea instead became a Google Doc with majority of the characters for DOA5LR.

Interesting enough, one of the main reasons was that we didn't really know anyone that would pull it off (at the time), and people wanted it in a way where you could download it off the store phone app etc.

Despite the games has built-in frame data in-game now, I also still support the idea as it's a more convenient way to check other characters without having to actually pick them / go through load screens just to check ahaha. It'll be a good resource tool for DOA6/DOA5LR.

LordTigerFu

This was something that was brought up years ago actually for even DOA5LR at the time. The idea was brought up by Sly Bass at first for DOA but it never came to light, so the idea instead became a Google Doc with majority of the characters for DOA5LR.

Interesting enough, one of the main reasons was that we didn't really know anyone that would pull it off (at the time), and people wanted it in a way where you could download it off the store phone app etc.

Despite the games has built-in frame data in-game now, I also still support the idea as it's a more convenient way to check other characters without having to actually pick them / go through load screens just to check ahaha. It'll be a good resource tool for DOA6/DOA5LR.
Do you know of any tools or anything that could make this easier? i'm willing to put the time in and design visually but i'm not very strong at coding. The idea for a standalone app on iOS and Android is great as well.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Do you know of any tools or anything that could make this easier? i'm willing to put the time in and design visually but i'm not very strong at coding. The idea for a standalone app on iOS and Android is great as well.

Honestly i'm also on the unsure, but it's definitely something I'd like to see.

Hopefully that brings to light with the plan.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, I had a working demo of it as Sly Bass and I tried working on frame data column displays. It probably still works with the files we uploaded for FSD. But when DOA6 released I kinda was hitting the limitations of my Java knowledge and I hadn't updated the app to work on my latest phone. It had editable notes section for every character and his/her matchup, tournament and guide video links, and there was beginnings of having player spotlights and the like. It was based on the defunct Footsies app. Probably have some screenshots around here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Here was some old screens of it.
Screenshot_20190213-155733.png 17372936_10100246365094846_1574770731_o_10100246365094846.png Screenshot_20190122-145942.png Screenshot_20190122-145850.png 21329544_10100339228944946_842212491_o_10100339728249336.png 21362370_10100339228929976_1281718717_o_10100339728244346.png

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD