Would you want Kasumi and Hayate in Ninja Gaiden story mode

I find it lame how Ryu and Ayane are in NG and DOA but we don't get to see Kasumi and Hayate in action in NG. I'd actually like a NG that revolves around Kasumi and Hayate. NG explores more and is a lot more intense than DOA. They had Ryu taking the spotlight too much in DOA Dimensions for my taste as well.

Not me, Ninja Gaiden should be about Ryu/Ayane and the characters created for that franchise. Keep Kasumi and other ninjas out or create a new franchise.
Thing is they have Ryu and Ayane stealing too much of Kasumi and Hayate's spotlight which is unfair to me. I'd love a new franchise perfect idea.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ninja Gaiden is about what Hayabusa and Ayane get up to between the DOA tournaments, there's no real need to have Hayate or Kasumi show up in the story mode since most of what happens in Ninja Gaiden only concerns Hayabusa Ninja Clan.

Ayane keeps watch over Hayabusa and aids him when needed such as being the overseer in NG1, helping him while he's busy in NG2 and lending him Jinran-Maru in NG3

Ninja Gaiden is about what Hayabusa and Ayane get up to between the DOA tournaments, there's no real need to have Hayate or Kasumi show up in the story mode since most of what happens in Ninja Gaiden only concerns Hayabusa Ninja Clan.

Ayane keeps watch over Hayabusa and aids him when needed such as being the overseer in NG1, helping him while he's busy in NG2 and lending him Jinran-Maru in NG3
There's no need to have Ryu in DOA's story but he's definitely in there. Ayane actually makes sense but Ryu shouldn't be in.

UpSideDownGRUNT

He's every reason to be in DOA's story, he's the one who watched over Kasumi in DOA1 and killed Tengu.
New gen Ninja Gaiden was made BECAUSE Hayabusa was in DOA if he wasn't in DOA New NG wouldn't have been made at all. only the NES trilogy.

He's every reason to be in DOA's story, he's the one who watched over Kasumi in DOA1 and killed Tengu.
New gen Ninja Gaiden was made BECAUSE Hayabusa was in DOA if he wasn't in DOA New NG wouldn't have been made at all. only the NES trilogy.

It's 100% bullshit that Hayate gets shitted on throughout DOA's story, Kasumi ends up running/hiding while the other 3 Ninja handle most of the conflicts, and that Ryu does 50% of the work in DOA and has his own series. We need a NG that only has Kasumi and Hayate in it or something.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Kasumi/Hayate have the main focus in DOA and Hayabusa/Ayane have the main focus in NG. DOA1 was basically about Kasumi defeating Raidou and then being captured for experiments, leading into DOA2's story. Hayate was a big story element in DOA2, since he lost his memories due to Project Epsilon. Then he regained his memories at the end of DOA2 and in DOA3, he became Hayate once again. DOA3 was more about Ayane, but then DOA4 and DOA5 had Kasumi take the spotlight yet again so they she and the other ninja could defeat Alpha-152 once and for all.

Kronin

Definitely I would like to see the appearence of Kasumi and Hayate in Ninja Gaiden story like comprimary or side characters, but this without never taking the spotlight of Ryu (just like Ayane make now): Ninja Gaiden's plot has to revolve necessarily about Ryu and elements tied to his clan/village.

Definitely I would like to see the appearence of Kasumi and Hayate in Ninja Gaiden story like comprimary or side characters, but this without never taking the spotlight of Ryu (just like Ayane make now): Ninja Gaiden's plot has to revolve necessarily about Ryu and elements tied to his clan/village.
Exactly because generally the game revolves around ryu .

Brute

Standard Donor
Don't get me wrong, because I love Ayane, but when the fuck has Ninja Gaiden been about Ayane? She's a side character, like Irene or Joe Hayabusa. I'm not sure why all the sudden Ayane is now sharing the main spotlight with the actual protagonist (probably just TN being unable to resist throwing boobs anywhere they can).

Honestly, I don't want to be anyone but Hayabusa in story mode. Switching to other characters really breaks your flow and rhythm. Nothing peeves me more than having all my weapons/ninpo replaced all of a sudden and being relocated to a past location just to run through some old halls as some new chick (Sigma 1 was the worst with this hands down due to the item system and backtracking being so prominent in that game, and the fact that Rachel's tools were so limited compared to Ryu's).

However, if other characters want to appear in the story mode (such as Ayane, Kasumi, Hayate and Momiji) I welcome that completely. I am also greatly in favor of having Chapter Challenge allow you to play every level as any character you want, such as Ayane/Kasumi. And if they would like to add Hayate, I'd be welcome to that as well. Obviously, same applies to missions/trials and co-op modes.

Also, @CyberEvil this should probably be moved to the Ninja Gaiden subsection.

Don't get me wrong, because I love Ayane, but when the fuck has Ninja Gaiden been about Ayane? She's a side character, like Irene or Joe Hayabusa. I'm not sure why all the sudden Ayane is now sharing the main spotlight with the actual protagonist (probably just TN being unable to resist throwing boobs anywhere they can).

Honestly, I don't want to be anyone but Hayabusa in story mode. Switching to other characters really breaks your flow and rhythm. Nothing peeves me more than having all my weapons/ninpo replaced all of a sudden and being relocated to a past location just to run through some old halls as some new chick (Sigma 1 was the worst with this hands down due to the item system and backtracking being so prominent in that game, and the fact that Rachel's tools were so limited compared to Ryu's).

However, if other characters want to appear in the story mode (such as Ayane, Kasumi, Hayate and Momiji) I welcome that completely. I am also greatly in favor of having Chapter Challenge allow you to play every level as any character you want, such as Ayane/Kasumi. And if they would like to add Hayate, I'd be welcome to that as well. Obviously, same applies to missions/trials and co-op modes.

Also, @CyberEvil this should probably be moved to the Ninja Gaiden subsection.
Yes I agree completely , ryu was always the main character of NG . But ayane has been on NG since the 1st , it was always predicted that she'll show up eventually , or even become one of the main characters in the game because she's always had a part in helping ryu in his journeys , so why not play as her to she how see how she helps him . She wasn't put as a main or even side character to out shine ryu . And actually I personally
think that team ninja had made a smart choose to include ayane further in the story because they gained fans and etc.

Now although I love kasumi , momiji , and Rachel . I didn't feel as though it was needed to add them In the series , But O.O I'm not complaining XD lol it's ok with me.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I know where you're coming from, but I'm standing by my position. I don't like forced character hopping. It destroys the pacing of the game for me. The "story narrative" is secondary for me, since the plot of the games is never my first concern. From a gameplay perspective, I simply don't like the campaign forcing you to character hop.

LightSonic

I wouldn't mind Hayate in the story, but he shouldn't get a big role or anything because like everyone else is saying NG should revolve around Ryu and his clan, not anyone else.

ScattereDreams

I thought Ninja Gaiden was about Ryu protecting the world from fiends/etc since he is "the super ninja" and more about his personal life with Irene being there. DOA characters being in NG is just a bonus not a must nor necessity. Of course Ryu is going to be in DOA. He's well known, promotes both series, and is TN's poster boy.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I wouldn't mind Hayate in the story, but he shouldn't get a big role or anything because like everyone else is saying NG should revolve around Ryu and his clan, not anyone else.

as i mentioned before Hayate is Ryu's best friend Ryu is going to become a more interesting character if hes around, other wise hes going to do nothing but be in "zen" mode the entire time.

LightSonic

as i mentioned before Hayate is Ryu's best friend Ryu is going to become a more interesting character if hes around, other wise hes going to do nothing but be in "zen" mode the entire time.

Hm that is true about Ryu becoming more interesting. I'd like to see more of their friendship because we don't see much of it in DOA and they're supposed to be best friends.

Honestly, if Hayate gets in the next NG, I would really like him to do a lot in the story (mainly because he's one my favorite characters in DOA), but it probably won't revolve around him. He might not even be doing any more than Ayane or any of the other side characters do in the story mode. :/

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD