Air throw off Wall Crumple?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So I've been trying to find instances where Bass can get his :H+P: air throw off of a wall slam. It's difficult due to his recovery, and if you watch my match videos you'll see me hitting :3::K: a lot into the wall and just doing the follow-up punch.

That's because :3::K: has too much recovery to get an air throw off of the wall crumple, but :3::K::P: does not.

While fooling around with Bass in the Home Stage I found that if you end a juggle off of Super Launcher into a furniture item you can relaunch with :3::P: to get a :H+P: that depending on stance might send them back into the wall.

As a side, here's the combo I was able to do on a light weight with hi counter throw revision:
Super Launcher > Ceiling Hit (CH!) > :7::K: > :4::P::P: > :6::K::P: > Furniture Break (FB!) > :3::P: > :H+P: > Wall Slam (WS!) (252 dmg)

So I tested out :3::K: on counter/hi-counter blow and although it does perform a Wall Crumple (WC!), juggling off the wall slam with :3::P: gives you a juggle to :H+P: which has the chance of throwing them back into the wall.

Things to note: Apparently the :H+P: won't throw them into furniture, but will into walls.

Light Weights
HCB (:3::K:):P: > WC! > :3::P: > :H+P: > WS! (87 dmg - :3::K: whiffs, guarded, or hits on normal hit)
HCB :3::K: > WC! > :3::P: > :H+P: > WS! (103 dmg)
HCB :P::K::h: > WC! > :3::P: > :H+P: > WS! (101 dmg)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't know how helpful this is, but I just found out that :7::P: with WC! can lead to a free air throw for all characters. So, basically, it's a bit like this.

Stun (excluding CB stun) > :7::P::h: > WC! > :h::+::P:

Obviously, it doesn't do as much damage, but it works on all characters.

Also, your WC! combos also work on mediums.

edit: found a new one for Lights:

:9::P::9::K: > :3::P: > :h::+::P:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD