Boku no kokoro ga junsui (Yue's Experience on DOA5)

o_YUE_o

Hey FSD community. Yue here...
Being that this is my first time actually owning a DOA game, it was going to take a while for me to adjust. When I started out I was a bit irritated at how the game was played. I felt as if I needed a forklift just to get myself to get to McDonalds, because at the time I felt the characters were stiff like vegetables.
However that wasn't the case, It was just that DOA was fast paced and you need to know a little something called "FRAMES" (As much as I hate that dreaded word it made me better at fighting), But ever since then It's been rather easy for me to jump straight into the game without having to warm up in Training mode anymore, which is a GREAT feeling.
The first character I put my fingers on was Lei-Fang, I lost interest fast and switched to Kokoro. Seeing her fighting style made me fall in love with using her. well, until I kept getting MID P held for everything I did (lol). I quickly learned since I'm a defensive player, I used defensive gameplay to keep my opponents as far away from me as possible without me being out of range.
[Okay actually...the first character I played (EVER) was
Ayane​
. This was DOA4, but thats another story.]

Guess that about sums it up for my experience on DOA. (Just lost to Hitomi because of a dropped input)
________________________________________________________________________________​

Have a subject you'd like for me to talk about? let me know (I was thinking about doing one about SPAM and the differences between good spam and bad spam in fighters. In fact I think I'll do that tonight :)

Chapstick

That's interesting, I find other fighting games except VF to be stiff and this one to be very fluid and smooth.

I remember fighting you like.. a month ago? two months ago? and you rage quitting pretty hard from a lobby. Good to see you've improved and adapted to DOA's system. I think I've gotten a bit better but I've pretty much plateau'd at the high end of mediocre. I'll have to fight you again sometime soon though.

Bushido

Hey FSD community. Yue here...
Being that this is my first time actually owning a DOA game, it was going to take a while for me to adjust. When I started out I was a bit irritated at how the game was played. I felt as if I needed a forklift just to get myself to get to McDonalds, because at the time I felt the characters were stiff like vegetables.
However that wasn't the case, It was just that DOA was fast paced and you need to know a little something called "FRAMES" (As much as I hate that dreaded word it made me better at fighting), But ever since then It's been rather easy for me to jump straight into the game without having to warm up in Training mode anymore, which is a GREAT feeling.
The first character I put my fingers on was Lei-Fang, I lost interest fast and switched to Kokoro. Seeing her fighting style made me fall in love with using her. well, until I kept getting MID P held for everything I did (lol). I quickly learned since I'm a defensive player, I used defensive gameplay to keep my opponents as far away from me as possible without me being out of range.
[Okay actually...the first character I played (EVER) was

Ayane
. This was DOA4, but thats another story.]
Guess that about sums it up for my experience on DOA. (Just lost to Hitomi because of a dropped input)
________________________________________________________________________________​
Have a subject you'd like for me to talk about? let me know (I was thinking about doing one about SPAM and the differences between good spam and bad spam in fighters. In fact I think I'll do that tonight :)
That style of play is more suited for Ayane. Kokoro can't be too defensive sadly.....

Brute

Standard Donor
Have you begun to capitalize on Counter Hit blows and Hi Counter throws? I neglected these in favor of raw strikes and pokes when I was new at DOA. After I realized how stupid I was, I finally learned how DOA should actually be played.

o_YUE_o

Have you begun to capitalize on Counter Hit blows and Hi Counter throws? I neglected these in favor of raw strikes and pokes when I was new at DOA. After I realized how stupid I was, I finally learned how DOA should actually be played.

Yes actually, still kinda of getting used to it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD