Brad Stances Susceptibe to Throws.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
*Crap, forgot an "L" in the word ""Susceptible", can an admin please fix that? Thanks*

I don't know if this is common knowledge to Brad players or people who play against him (let alone if it has been this way since DOA3) but Brad's laying down and Handstand positions are susceptible to low throws and throws, in that respective order. Found this out about a month after 5's release while playing online against a total scrub. I would like to apologize in advance for the quality of the video, I don't have a capture device (yet) and had to do things one handed while holding my camera.

Somehow being in his handstand has the stance recognized as a regular standing position, "Standing facing opponent." While in his reverse handstand he is counted as a "Back Facing opponent." He can be held out of it if the player is standing still long enough to not do anything while in the stance.
Both throws in the video are Mila's 5T in the video.

While lying on the ground, feet to opponent, Brad is considered in a "Crouching facing opponent" and when his head is towards the opponent he is considered "Crouching facing away from opponent." Again, he can be thrown while in these stances, however the throws must be low throws. Not in the video below is Brad rolling while lying down, he can be grabbed out of that as well (found that out today).
Both throws in the video are Mila's 2T.

All in all it really isn't anything game breaking unless you are up against a Brad that is lying down and continuously trying to throw you.

synce

Haha you should've played DOA4. Lying down meant you were getting grabbed, no if's and's or but's about it. In DOA5 he's much harder to grab out of laying stance if used correctly, even with an OH.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD