Brand new interview on GameSpark regarding Wo Long and Team Ninja's future

TheHunterKiller692

Yesterday, an interview was uploaded to GameSpark regarding Wo Long and how it will influence Team Ninja going forward.

Maasaki Yamagiwa and Masakazu Hirayama are the interviewees in question.

Here's a few quotes from the interview itself.

Hirayama: I'm guessing that users who have never played a Team NINJA title or a so-called "death game" may have played it. I am glad that we were able to have a wide range of users touch it as a new IP. ; I've been in development for a long time, so I think I tend to think in terms of micro rather than macro. By being able to express their opinions from a bird's-eye view, I think we were able to proceed with development with synergy and a good relationship.

Yamagiwa: The circumstances of each collaboration are on a case-by-case basis, but since [Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty] was a new IP, we wanted to expand the entrance to users. Part of that is why I was allowed to participate in Xbox Game Pass from day one. ; In terms of the main game, I feel that Lu Bu as a boss battle has received a great response. I am happy to see that the users are excited by the strength of the game, and that they are enjoying it very much. ; This was our first attempt at doing business with Xbox Game Pass. In the end, I'm glad I did it. Although it is already announced, the number of players has almost quadrupled compared to the number of sales, so it was a good entry point and a trigger for the title.

So in conclusion, yes, Game Pass is profitable for Koei-Tecmo and they don't mind taking the cut from Microsoft in the future. However, Wo Long might not have a sequel, with Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive still in the cards on the proverbial table.

HHH816

Damn , this happen. he's suppose to work on DOA7.

Discontinued , that's cruel

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-05 125656.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-05 125656.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 34
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD