Can we get some visible muscles on the girls?

Argentus

I don't mean like we need them to go full on American Gladiator, but i'd like it if they made the "stronger" girls a bit bigger, more visibly tones for most of them, etc.

I know Japan would never go for it, but I'd love to actually see some muscles on Tina, Mila with abs and some tone to her form, etc. The "agile" girls like ninjas, christie, and LeiFang can stay as is, but then the "strong hit" girls like Hitomi, Mila, give em some visibly toned muscles, then girls like Rachel and Tina need to flat out be muscular.

Thoughts?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I don't mean like we need them to go full on American Gladiator, but i'd like it if they made the "stronger" girls a bit bigger, more visibly tones for most of them, etc.

I know Japan would never go for it, but I'd love to actually see some muscles on Tina, Mila with abs and some tone to her form, etc. The "agile" girls like ninjas, christie, and LeiFang can stay as is, but then the "strong hit" girls like Hitomi, Mila, give em some visibly toned muscles, then girls like Rachel and Tina need to flat out be muscular.

Thoughts?
I missed that about DOA3.

Aspect

Well let's add cuts, scrapes, damaged clothes, bruises, and blood too then!... back on topic, I might be imagining things but I think Kokoro has the most defined abs in this game - out of the girls.

Aspect

The guys also are in need of some more muscle definition. XD
Yes this... Hayabusa in particular. Jann Lee could be so ripped as well being inspired by Bruce Lee and all - plus he OHKO'd a T-Rex with a kick

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yes this... Hayabusa in particular. Jann Lee could be so ripped as well being inspired by Bruce Lee and all - plus he OHKO'd a T-Rex with a kick
Yes, Hayabusa! His body looks nothing like that of a super ninja. (In Ninja Gaiden it does though!) I first really noticed it, when we got that new costume in DOA5U for him. I thought: "Oh...there were times, when I had more abs definition than he has... :/" But most of the guys need some more training.

Argentus

The guys also need body hair. Do you really think Leon spends time manscaping? (Seriously he should keep that chest hair from his werewolf costume normally lol.

FatalxInnocence

The guys also need body hair. Do you really think Leon spends time manscaping? (Seriously he should keep that chest hair from his werewolf costume normally lol.

Now this I can agree with.... of course not every guy. Just the specific few that it makes sense for. Leon and Bayman in particular.

Aspect

Bayman? Really? I think assassin's keep it under check vs. a soldier mentality, or is it more of an ethnicity thing?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think, we will see body hair for some of the guys in DOA6, when they (hopefully) take more care to render the guys' bodies in general. PS4 and Xbone will allow much more detail. If they aren't, there's no doubt TN is just lazy and sexist.
By the way, Raidou is the only one with body hair so far. And not only on his chest. In one of the streams, when one of his completely topless outfits was equipped, there was clearly some hair visible down south as well in one of his victory poses. XD

Argentus

Now this I can agree with.... of course not every guy. Just the specific few that it makes sense for. Leon and Bayman in particular.
I think the only ones it really makes sense for are Leon, Brad, and Bass to a lesser extent (I wanna say he should be hairy, but I imagine that as an entertainer, he keeps it shaved, as well). Bayman....take it or leave it, not sure how that goes as a soldier.

But with Leon and Brad its seriously just confusing since they obviously don't shave much (permastubble with both), and yet from the neck down they are HAIRLESS. The hell?

But more than chesthair, Leon and Bass need some armhair.

lotr9690

Definitely need meatier thighs, buttocks and calves for the male cast. Jann Lee couldn't hold a candle to Bruce Lee.
I'm already anticipating people objecting - "but this game doesn't need to be THAT realistic!" That's not what I'm saying. You can still keep the silly anime faces and have realistic bodies. Also, in Team Ninja's most recent interview they mentioned that they want to appeal to both genders. What easier way than making meatier thighs, buttocks and calves for the male cast? And they should undulate as the women's breasts do. Something's gotta jiggle on the guys. Don't respond to that line.^ That's not what this post is about. It's about muscle definition.

It's just something to think about. I know I will... ;)

Hayabusiness

Please don't. The last thing I want in DOA is the SFIV treatment.... >_>

Oh no, don't worry about it. Take a look at Zero Suit Samus from Smash4 in her Fusion/Zero Mission ending outfits... she definitely has muscle and she still looks normal, not a culturist. Mila, Tina, Lisa, and all the other raw fighting girls should definitely have some muscles, honestly Tina looked great in DOA3 and it added to her coolness.
I know some fans would find it repulsive... but come on 9_9

What easier way than making meatier thighs, buttocks and calves for the male cast? And they should undulate as the women's breasts do. Something's gotta jiggle on the guys.

Didn't they say the soft engine was also used for muscle definition and movement??
Those are things I'd love to see in DOA6 and not just for sex appeal, a good muscle movement would make the game look stunning in motion.

Also not to burst anyone's bubble, but I think that, even if sadly low poly, the guys already have nice bodies... they just really need those extra polygons, and better defined textures (although I already love how they do body textures, they look more soft and natural compared to say, SCV).
They also have different body types set down (even with recycled content), and I'd be very happy if in the next game they got more care and detail to them.

Regarding body hair: I heard it's considered dirty and rude in Japan, so I guess if we get it we won't get armpit body hair and the pretty male characters will still be magically born without body hair.

Ps: TN appealing to both genders...? Not on the same ratio, definitely, but I do get more appeal from DOA than how SC is today.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
so I guess if we get it we won't get armpit body hair

simpsons-homer-praise-jebus-1.jpg

Because that would look nasty...XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD