Dead or Alive Reboor

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
For a reboot, if they ever did do it, they need to bring back all the characters from DOA1-DOA4 imo, I feel like all the staple characters are iconic and solid enough to be able to retcon some events and they'd still fit. Kasumi tho definitely should return since she's the protagonist, Ryu imo should take a more distant back seat and let the other ninjas like Hayate and Ayane have their moments, although reimagined since I feel they can structure their stories differently.

Helena for sure and I think Christie should have a darker, more shadowed but still more closer knit connection since we know little about her and she's been involved with Donovan and even Bayman since DOA1 as seen in Dimensions, I'd definitely like to see more of her.

Rig, Mila, and even Marie Rose and Honoka I think can appear sooner in the story since Mila has been a fan of Bass for a while, and Rig has been Donovan's son since forever, they can be retconed a bit earlier in, Marie Rose I can see being Helena's assistant for much longer too, and Nico I think can also be netted in earlier into the story from around the DOA3 era. It just depends on how they do it

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I respectfully disagree to an extent here. Hayabusa is the main male character and despite this fact Hayate and Ayane had just as many moments as Ryu has.

There is no way Team NINJA makes another DOA game and adds Marie Rose, Honoka or even NiCO later on. They will be added immediately.

As far as Rig goes, I think almost anyone could be Rig as far as a reboot would concern. I don’t think his popularity skyrocketed even being considered one of the best characters in DOA6 and I could see Team NINJA doing away with the character. I’m probably going to get slaughtered for that one, but I think Rig is possibly the most uninteresting character Team NINJA has crafted. I like Diego better.

Donovan eventually needs to be the main attraction of the game seeing as how slow his build has been over the years and how much potential he has to be a BAMF.

Oh and @PsychoJinx12 you spelled Reboot wrong in the topic title. Welcome to FSD. You can easily edit your topic title with post management.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I respectfully disagree to an extent here. Hayabusa is the main male character and despite this fact Hayate and Ayane had just as many moments as Ryu has.

There is no way Team NINJA makes another DOA game and adds Marie Rose, Honoka or even NiCO later on. They will be added immediately.

As far as Rig goes, I think almost anyone could be Rig as far as a reboot would concern. I don’t think his popularity skyrocketed even being considered one of the best characters in DOA6 and I could see Team NINJA doing away with the character. I’m probably going to get slaughtered for that one, but I think Rig is possibly the most uninteresting character Team NINJA has crafted. I like Diego better.

Donovan eventually needs to be the main attraction of the game seeing as how slow his build has been over the years and how much potential he has to be a BAMF.

Oh and @PsychoJinx12 you spelled Reboot wrong in the topic title. Welcome to FSD. You can easily edit your topic title with post management.
You're only saying that because Diego got the better costume mods... I'll let it slide this time. =P

PsychoJinx12

For a reboot, if they ever did do it, they need to bring back all the characters from DOA1-DOA4 imo, I feel like all the staple characters are iconic and solid enough to be able to retcon some events and they'd still fit. Kasumi tho definitely should return since she's the protagonist, Ryu imo should take a more distant back seat and let the other ninjas like Hayate and Ayane have their moments, although reimagined since I feel they can structure their stories differently.

Helena for sure and I think Christie should have a darker, more shadowed but still more closer knit connection since we know little about her and she's been involved with Donovan and even Bayman since DOA1 as seen in Dimensions, I'd definitely like to see more of her.

Rig, Mila, and even Marie Rose and Honoka I think can appear sooner in the story since Mila has been a fan of Bass for a while, and Rig has been Donovan's son since forever, they can be retconed a bit earlier in, Marie Rose I can see being Helena's assistant for much longer too, and Nico I think can also be netted in earlier into the story from around the DOA3 era. It just depends on how they do it
I think Mila has a strong chance of being in a reboot, she can possibly be Tina’s best friend prior to the tournament (if the reboot universe has the first tournament) before Lisa. Lisa/La Mariposa can return, maybe instead of a scientist she’s a full time pro wrestler. I can also see Virtua Fighter characters Akira and Sarah return in the reboot with new added character like Vanessa, Kage, and El Blaze.

PsychoJinx12

I

I see NiCO being in the game as dlc, maybe as the original universe one. With costumes that show what she would look like in the reboot universe

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
This. If they are going to do a reboot, then this is the best way to do it.
It would be really tedious to do a reboot from scratch and have to wait for all of the characters to be reintroduced again - one of the main reasons I think it's better if they just continue the story where they left off.
You're only saying that because Diego got the better costume mods... I'll let it slide this time. =P
In a way, I agree with both of these positions. Rig is a conceptually interesting character to me - the multiple personality gimmick is one I still find compelling.
The problem with Rig is that he has zero drip. He dresses like the guy that sells meth to the vagabonds down by the train tracks (the hard hat and uniform from DOA5 was kind of cool though).
I see NiCO being in the game as dlc, maybe as the original universe one. With costumes that show what she would look like in the reboot universe
I would rather have NiCO as part of the base game instead of DLC - I think they could do the same for Tamaki too next time around. I like the idea of keeping the original universe outfits alongside new ones though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD