DOA Encyclopedia - New DOA6 Feature

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This feature (along with other new features to DOA6) was mentioned in our Combat and Features Trailer Article.

DOA Encyclopedia is purchasable lore floated over quickly in the trailer some of the examples given will blow your winter coats off:

001 - Official Report: Honoka (This suggests that HONOKA COULD BE a f'ing robot after all these years of thinking she was human.)
002 - Project Epsilon
003 - Epsilon Curse
Immediately after the conclusion of the 5th DEAD OR ALIVE tournament, the oil platform that was used as the venue for the tournament had exploded in a ball of flame. All participants, spectators, and platform workers were evacuated via the Freedom Survivor, with no casualties. The platform supervisor, Rig, and one of the workers, Bass, proactively coordinated the evacuation efforts, and saved many lives. The platform was destroyed, after which it was decommissioned on the orders of Helena, CEO of DOATEC. This incident has been consistently reported as an accident of unknown cause.
Mugen Tenshin Ninjustu continues to pass down the highest quality techniques of marial arts that have been honed over centuries through pushing human beings to their very limits of skill and endurance, even in our modern age of information technology.

Hayate, who was destined to become the 18th head of the clan, was the one to inherit the secret technique known as the Torn Sky Blast from his father Shiden.

Shiden received the technique instead of his older brother Raidou, who was removed from the line of succession because of his evil deeds and was expelled from the clan. However, Raidou also possessed a remarkable ability to immediately copy any move his opponents used against him. He wished to steal this move that was only passed among the leaders of the clan and he attacked the village in order to force Hayate to use it against him.
Hayate was defeated by Raidou, and even though he managed to survive, he was no longer able to function as the leader of the clan. After much deliberation, Hayate's father, Shiden decided that Hayate's sister, Kasumi would be the one to take his place the 18th head of the clan. Kasumi was subjected to Shiden's harsh daily training regimen this purpose, but she was never told the truth of what happened. One day, she learned the truth about her brother from her half-sister Ayane, after which she violated the Shinobi code and left the village in secret in order to avenger her brother.
Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu clan includes two separate sects within itself. The Tenjinmon sect, led by Shiden, and the Hajinmon sect, led by Genra, are like two sides of the same coin. Since the time immemorial, Hajinmon supported the legitimacy of the Tenjinmon sect from the shadows, with both sects governed by a strict code. When a ninja broke that code, it did not matter even if she was the future head of the clan, or that she had done it in order to seek revenge. The code allow no expectations. Thus, Genra had summoned Ayane, Raidou's illegitimate child, and gave her an order: "Runaways deserve no mercy. Capture is unnecessary. She is to be killed on sight."
008 - Ayame (More information on her please!)
009 - The First DEAD OR ALIVE Tournament
010 - Assassination
011 - Fame Doglas's Philosophy (Could be interesting)
012 - Victor Donvan's Ambition
013 - Maria Death (Maybe some more details on Helena's mom)
014 - Interim CEO
015 - Tengu of Destruction

I think I understand the order and structure, but it throws me off that the Honoka Report is the very first piece of lore. The triple digits insinuate that there will be more than 100 PIECES of readable lore. Who else is excited about this?

RagnorRob

I'm really glad they have an encyclopedia but it sounds like it costs some kind of point currency that you earn in game so I probably won't get to it for a while. It sounds like those points can also be used to unlock cosmetic features too...knowing myself I'd probably want to unlock all the cosmetic stuff first and back lore will last. Glad it's there for when the cosmetic stuff is done though. It's nice to have more and more things to do with your points and the richer and deeper the game experience the better.

Last edited:

Dr PaC

I'm really glad they have an encyclopedia but it sounds like it costs some kind of point currency that you earn in game so I probably won't get to it for a while. It sounds like those points can also be used to unlock cosmetic features too...knowing myself I'd probably want to unlock all the cosmetic stuff first and back lore will last. Glad it's there for when the cosmetic stuff is done though. It's nice to have more and more things to do with your points and the richer and deeper the game experience the better.
Theres a thread where they showed talked about the quest mode. I think thats where most of the points will be earned, and Im a completionist so Ill prolly be grinding on there till I earned everything cosmetically the game has to offer for free, lol

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Tbh I don't think Honoka is a robot or anything, I think MIST is watching her like they did Helena and the ninjas and are keeping tabs on her behavior and abilities since she could be a good candidate for cloning due to her ability to learn any move

Otherwise then that I'm happy we're getting a mode dedicated to the lore, it's obvious they got that idea from SC6 since that game and it's older games always had side modes where you could read up on the more in the galleries but DOA's should hopefully be more in depth and hopefully less tedious to purchase since its a chore getting Soul Points in SC6 xD

P2p1mbs

Will this have a character profiles page that gives each character's backstory or is this just for key events?

Nice to see them integrating a bit of the universe's story in the game itself rather than just leaving it to external sources.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I wonder how many retcons will be in there.

Yes I'm fascinated to discuss those in the future and see what they do. They will either cover them up and learn from their official website, or they will fully embrace the departure from the Itagaki narrative.

Either way they really seem to care about the history of the game as made evident by the 'Unforgettable' stage.

It's hard to believe that Shiden has his own 3D model in DOAD and now his name is thrown out left and right.

His first appearance was in the DOA1 strategy guide... Or an instruction manual. So only a select few people seemed to know back then... ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD