DOA4 Bayman vs. DOA5 Bayman

Lobo

Soooo whose hyped now. Rikuto just walked through some of the best players in the world with Bayman.

Now don't get me wrong Rikuto's always been a great player, but seeing him dominate with a now-viable Bayman just makes me giddy inside. I love the way Bayman can stay aggresive, and then immediately switch to defensive if needed with just as good, if not better effects.

Its like you freeze an opponent from wanting to attack because they're afraid of the monster damage Bayman gets from his holds, so they just block...

- Guess what, Bayman eats blocking opponents anyways with DDTs and backbreakers.

So then you decide to be aggresive and attack more...

- Guess what, Bayman's much improved neutral game comes into play with his 1P, PP2P and tank roll all being amazing ways to interupt and start you offense

And once start offense starts.... be afraid is all I have to say. 236K frame adv, crushes in (3)P and 1P, stuns everywhere, and for the love of god you better pray you don't actually try to counter any one of these once you are stunned. 1 hi-counter throw and good-bye round

And don't even get me started with the wall throw nonsense.

Yea I'm hyped. I'm not afraid to admit it. Immediately after Rikuto won I wanted to come here and make a billion strat threads, but I've calmed down a little and I think I'll let Mr. Bayman himself have the honors. We all know he deserves it.

Just plz Team Ninja, don't change Bayman one bit

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
There are holes in the sense that he is a flawed character like everyone should be theoretically. Like, you just don't juggle with the guy anymore in open space for damage. That isn't the type of character he is anymore, his juggles suck. That damage is purely meant to condition people into eating throws and OH's, and continually force tech'ing over and over again so you can keep getting the opportunity to do so.

Bass got a similar change to his play style. I feel like Shimbori wants people playing grapple characters to adopt a certain playstyle. When Matt asked him about the nerfs to his 6KP pick-up, Shimbori said it was because of damage boost to 2K. I still think he was lying since 2K didn't need the damage boost imo and it's just not something you'd throw out very often. Bayman's 2K on the other hand is safe and track, so maybe it makes sense for Bayman for losing some of his garuanteed set-ups...I don't know, it's just that TN have such a weird approach to balance in general.

Jenks3

I've lightly used Bayman in 4, but always had to backseat him because my friends main Kasumi and Ayane :p But I watched the opening night tourney on twitch and that TOTALLY inspired me to pick him back up.

Btw, gratz on the win Rikuto.

shinryu

So, what good is 3p+k f+p? I know you get the ground throw afterward, but is there some extra option I'm missing?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So, what good is 3p+k f+p? I know you get the ground throw afterward, but is there some extra option I'm missing?

It's not a very good option to use at neutral. Instead, launch with something like 236p and then juggle with 3k3p+k h+p. It will end in a ground throw that does very, very reasonable damage.

It doesn't really require any work inside of the threshold to get a decent launch height anymore, unless you're fighting Bass or something.

shinryu

Holy shit, I did not know it was an air throw. I've just been using p+k to spike them for the ground throw but this seems to be a much better option.

Sett

After getting raped by the AI's constant hold strings, I'm liking Bayman as a secondary maybe.

Can you break his throws mid string?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea, it does pretty significant damage. I've been told by Shimbori that Bayman's post-CB juggle is supposed to be 66P 3K3P+K H+P.

Upon testing it however, the person can in fact tech before the ground throw... im not sure if this is the case for every weight class. I don't think it was intended to work that way though, so I'm having the message passed along that it's broken.

After getting raped by the AI's constant hold strings, I'm liking Bayman as a secondary maybe.

Can you break his throws mid string?

If you're talking about his multi-part combo throws? Then yes, you can... unless he either links them before you enter the input to escape, or if he links them on the very first frame. Then they are guaranteed. Not easy to do though.

Even if you do break his multi-part throws, the game will leave him at +3 advantage. So don't go mashing stuff, or you're boned.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD