Fight your Rival!!!!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This is a fun topic so no need to get all "Superman high" on here. Now everyone has great battles with one another especially in the DOA community or other FGCs. Everybody has somebody to bring out the best in another being. There are some who hates losing to a certain person. There are some who like to "outdue" somebody else for the competition. And everybody has something to prove to somebody. Now if you come in here saying "I treat everyone equal." or "No one is my rival" or even "I have no equal", then you're lying & don't bother commenting with that kind of remark. Because being honest here, in reality, everyone treats a competitor as equal in this aspect.

Now I'll ask you, who is your rivals in fighting games (Top 5)? Why are they your rivals? I'll list mine.

1. AP - As fellow Kasumi player, & as a student to him, as well as a friend & more importantly, as a fan, I feel like I'm 5 steps behind him. Coming into the community, & I'll admit, I was 1 of the biggest button mashers out there. When I 1st few times that I played him, I was destroyed. Sorry if this sounds repetitive, but I've said this a million times: I probably wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for this guy, & probably wouldn't know "anything" in general about fighting games if it wasn't for this guy, or even compete. My ambition was to lose the mindset that I had & play to gain the respect & be called a "worthy" opponent from guys like him offline (especially now for 5U). I like the challenge. That is why I have him there.

2. Shade Swifteye - Shade is another guy I respect from a big aspect as a Kasumi player & as a friend. At times I feel like I can play with him other times I feel like I need to be more consistent in terms of only 1 character. The same thing could be said about Allan. They're both competitors that make me feel like I need to level up my game, offline period.

3. HajinShinobi - As an Ayane player & a good friend, there's definitely a spot in my top 5 for him because although I also play Ayane (& he's showed me just about everything I know about her), I'm mostly all for Kasumi. lol. I just want to play him for the sake of the Kasumi-Ayane battle to represent the Tenjimon.

4. Tenryuga - Cool guy as well. I go back & forward with this guy in debates & have some intense matches. We're always out to outdue one another regardless whether if we're trying to prove who's more knowledgeable than the other or who was the better Kasumi between the 2 or who's gonna do better in the offline scene. Doesn't matter , it's just that competition that we have going.

5. Mr.Kwiggle - Kwiggle is another guy who makes me think more than usual. He would beat me with not only Christie, but my very own character at times lol. Now, our matches have somewhat became more intense in terms of playing. It's the same thing with Tenryuga in terms of friendly competition. When one of them win offline, I feel like I've won in a way because I'm so used to clanging & banging with or against them.

Honorable mentions: Reese 2 Havik, Return of the Shadow, & Rhythmik - On or offline, our matches are very intense with these guys.

I actually have a list of people that despises Kasumi too that I been itching to play. lol But this is just the ones who "you" think makes you think more than what you would normally do & go beyond the limit that you think you have in your game in terms of leveling up & playing or competiting.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
1) Everyone

2) Is

3) My

4) Toughest

5) Opponent

NOTE: You only said not to quote "I have no rival", "I treat everyone equal", or "No one is my rival". This is my philosophy, and my honest answer.

Bushido

Well, I guess I'll list mine, why not.

1. Aelivia - Pretty much my training buddy. Every single match is anyone's game, I love fighting her.

2. Tenryuga - Taught me a lot about Kokoro and is a chill guy. Even though we're not completely even, it's still fun to fight him

3. J.D.E. - Gave me my start in the community pretty much. Wouldn't be at the level I'm at if it wasn't for him, we don't fight to much though. When I get that offline experience we can go even. ;)

4. Air Gear
- I really look up to this dude. If only I could beat him...... :oops:

5. EVERY. SINGLE. AYANE. PLAYER.
- Inside joke....since I have nobody else to list :oops:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
1) Everyone

2) Is

3) My

4) Toughest

5) Opponent

NOTE: You only said not to quote "I have no rival", "I treat everyone equal", or "No one is my rival". This is my philosophy, and my honest answer.
-___-

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hang your head all you want to. I'm not changing my answer to conform to you or anyone else, for that matter. Was it not you and many others who encouraged me to express my opinion and stick to my guns about it? Well, there you go.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hang your head all you want to. I'm not changing my answer to conform to you or anyone else, for that matter. Was it not you and many others who encouraged me to express my opinion and stick to my guns about it? Well, there you go.
Basically you said the same thing only in a different matter. But ok.

Xernuht

I only have 1 whose online handle I know:

Force_of_Nature.

Even then, he's not exactly my rival... more like the only DOA player I can fight consistently offline. He's my teacher, and I wouldn't have anyone else... although his Ayane just shits all over any character I use.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
3. HajinShinobi - As an Ayane player & a good friend, there's definitely a spot in my top 5 for him because although I also play Ayane (& he's showed me just about everything I know about her), I'm mostly all for Kasumi. lol. I honestly get startled when he mentions something that he does better than Kasumi in a match-up but it's just me being me as a fan of my character. It always have irked me to prove him wrong with the "Kasumi-Ayane battle".

So...you see me as a rival because of a character match-up..? lol

That's..okay thanks, I think.

Jacnob

Can I say myself? 9/10 times its my lack of focus that does me in.
What about lag? Lag is the bane of my existance.

My net sucks and I cannot afford gas to goto offline tourneys, so really thats it :(

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
That's 2 hours away from me. Not that far. Maybe we'll be able to plan something in the future?

EDIT: Not sure if you've heard of him, but Silent Legend is in Huntsville, AL & we're supposed to plan something soon when we both have the time. Bushido is in Nashville (though it's a little bit further than where I am to where you are.) Not to derail the thread, I'll link you to the Southern Players thread so you can take a look or make plans if possible.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/southern-players.1214/

Jacnob

That's 2 hours away from me. Not that far. Maybe we'll be able to plan something in the future?

EDIT: Not sure if you've heard of him, but Silent Legend is in Huntsville, AL & we're supposed to plan something soon when we both have the time. Bushido is in Nashville (though it's a little bit further than where I am.) Not to derail the thread, I'll link you to the Southern Players thread so you can take a look or make plans if possible.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/southern-players.1214/

Hopefully so, thanks for the link.

Tenren

Never really had a rival. Always end up helping players get better so no 1 has every really seen me as one either i guess.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD