FINALLY completed Eliot's combo challenge!

Lulu

I swear I Always find something new when I do Eliot's Combo Challenge.

So I made the switch from Thumb Stick to D-Pad a while back and I've been redoing Eliot's Combo challenge a bunch of times so I could get used to D-Pad.... at first I would use both The Thumbstick and D-Pad in the same Combo because theres just somethings I can only do on one of those things. Like the Choryo and :4:(:6::+::P:) string enders.... I couldn't do these on D-Pad.... but now I can..... only on the left Side.

So yesterday I Fired Up Eliot's Combo Challenge.... stood on the right side..... and said to myself: "NO ONE LEAVES UNTIL THE ENTIRE CHALLENGE IS COMPLETE........ NO THUMB STICKS !!!".... Then I took two Aspirins because I knew it this was gonna be a pain in the ass.

Anyway the first half was Easy...... I managed to get passed the two challenges that had :4:(:6::+::P:) by luck. And then came the infamous Choryo Challenge...... I set the challenge to repeat when successful and did it from the left side.... then I switched sides and tried it from the right and instead of getting the usual :3::P: failure indicator....I was getting :2::P: instead..... this was extremely baffling.... it turns out I have difficulty pressing :4::+::2: at the same time..... :confused: I can press :2::+::6: just fine because of the angle my thumb is at allows me to cover those buttons with ease....... but doing the same thing on the other side is hard because now the angle is working against me so I wind up not being able to press both :4::+::2:..... I most get :2::P: but in some instances I've also gotten :6::P:..... weird huh ? So yeah I need to work on that..... or just get a proper controller.

Anyway after staggering my way past that challenge I encountered a string that ended with :4:(:6::+::P:). And for some reason I was no longer able to get past the challenge by accident. So I did the challenge from the left and I was successful but when I tried the samething from the right..... nothing !!!. Everytime I tried :6::4: I wound up sneaking in an extra input in there and the input log says I did this :6::2::4: or this :6::3::2::4:...... on the rare Instances I did manage to get a nice clean :6::4: the game sinply wouldn't registered it so it still failed. So I said "fuck it... screw accuracy.... lets go for speed". Now if theres one thing I know about myself its that I can "Roll" The Inputs faster than I can..... well..... input them..... to give you an example of what I mean I can :624: faster than I can :6::4:..... and thats because :624: is a single motion. The game interprets that motion as :6::3::2::1::4:..... notice that both :6: and :4: are in that motion..... well I can reach :6: and then :4: faster if I "Roll" one into the other than by Pressing :6: letting go then going to press :4: directly afterwards. This is the primary why I played on Thumbstick in the first place.

I said a Hail Mary and tried :3::P::P::P::426::P: (reverse the directional inputs for the P2 side)...... and Boom it worked . And this is what pisses me off the most about DoA (and many other Fighting Games in general) .... the game values speed over accuracy..... I tried :3::P::P::P::4::6::+::P: and it failed but then I try :3::P::P::P::4::1::2::3::6::+::P: and I get more consistent results. :mad: Not Cool Team Ninja.... not cool.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's not speed, it's timing. At long as you hit the P of 46P around the time when the previous hit lands, it'll work. Honestly, it's pretty lenient. It's gotta be at least 5-6 frames.

Lulu

It's not speed, it's timing. At long as you hit the P of 46P around the time when the previous hit lands, it'll work. Honestly, it's pretty lenient. It's gotta be at least 5-6 frames.

In many instances I have attempted to do the move exactly the way the game says.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but if two buttons are registered at the same time then they should be placed one on top of the other. For example:4::6::+::P: would like something like this in the input log:
......:6:
:4::P:

Its infuriating to see this in there but the move not working.

I don't know about you but it never works when I try to hit :6: and :P: at the same time..... but doing the entire sequence as fast as I can yields more consistent results.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD