FIXED: Browsers and XenStyles

Allan Paris

For the FSD users that are using Internet Explorer to access the interent. It has problems with the xenstyles on FreeStepDodge.com but only with the xenblack style from what I have seen.

When you change your style to xenblack everything is fine until you are ready to post something on FreeStepDodge. You are unable to read what you are typing as you are typing it and you have to change the font color to see what you are typing. This problem is only with Internet Explorer and the xenblack style, I believe, I know Google Chrome doesn't have this issue.

So, if you use Internet Explorer as an internet browser and you visit FSD and you have changed your style to xenblack. When you start a; "conversation" (private message), posting in a thread, and or making a thread:

1. You click in the text box
2. Then go up where the letter "A" is next to the smiley face and change your font color
3. Then you can start to type your message and view it while you type and after you are done.

Do Not change your font to a white font style when making a thread or posting because the users who use xenwhite will see a blank page/post if you do that.

If you don't want to change your font color you can type your message/posts in the default text color and highlight it once you are done to see it and make changes where they are needed. That is a headache to do if you make frequent mistakes when you type.

You can also type your message in the notepad feature you have on your computer then copy and paste that into the text box. Again another hassle but if you are a die hard Internet Explorer user then this what you have to do if you don't want to change your font color.

If are using another browser and you have these problems/issues please post that browser here, so that a sloution can be found to fix them. That way you can keep using your current internet browser for FSD and not change it if you don't want to.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Vice Versa really.

If you set the color to Black/White, the opposing style won't be able to read it as you're specifically setting the color to the font. However, not setting the color will color the font automatically in the submitted post to the default font color for each style: For XenWhite it's Black, for XenBlack it's White.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay so I've disabled the WYSIWIG (Word Document style) advanced until a proper fix can be found. This only applies for the black themes as the issue doesn't exist by default with the White themes.

Sadly this means you will need to code your lines directly with BBcode functionality, although personally if you know the codes then this provides greater control.

Okay so I've disabled the WYSIWIG (Word Document style) advanced until a proper fix can be found. This only applies for the black themes as the issue doesn't exist by default with the White themes.

Sadly this means you will need to code your lines directly with BBcode functionality, although personally if you know the codes then this provides greater control.

I actually prefer this method.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Alright, as I prefer it more I've switched all XenWhite and XenBlack skins to report the non-WYSYWIG editor.

In addition, I've added a module that allows easy BBCode support for the new editor. This should make it easier to remember code for medio, linking, and smilies as well.

:cool:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Are the forum read and unread icons not displaying for anyone else? I thought it might just be me but it's happening at home, at work, on my phone and even with different skins. I think it might be the file permissions being messed with again on the server side but that's just speculation on my part.

Raansu

Are the forum read and unread icons not displaying for anyone else? I thought it might just be me but it's happening at home, at work, on my phone and even with different skins. I think it might be the file permissions being messed with again on the server side but that's just speculation on my part.

It wasn't updating for me when I was using the black background theme. It worked when I switched to default.

Allan Paris

I didn't notice if they are not showing up. but I think Sorwah is updating the site or working on the skins I believe. That may be the issue but I am not 100% sure on it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD