force techs,vortex loops? what the hell?

Aight so i recently got into doa i began to play at the very end of doa4 and started playing 5...halo 4 came out so i took a medium long break to play halo 4...so when i came back i started hearing of vortex loops and ive heard everyone has one?Idk im very confused on what one is...i know i normally do 3k,p,p then let them hit the ground and use 2h+k to make them stand or i they tech roll i noticed they are still negative...idk anyway what im asking is does brad wong have a vortex loop. also what is a vortex loop.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Vortex is a term i first heard from the street fighter 4 community where they would drop a juggle so that the character is reset at disadvantage without being knocked down.

From what I can tell, the term "vortex" is the same as we use for the term "Untechable" or "Force Tech". Basically doing a juggle that prevents your opponent from teching when hitting the ground and are forced tech at the same time. An easy way to tell is set the AI to recover everytime and find a juggle that you force tech them with. Typically you'll be at advantage by anywhere from +9 to +24.

HiguraShiki

Pretty much what Mr.Wah said. Force techs/vortex have become the metagame for DOA5 since wakeup kicks tend to force the player to back off. The only time you would really not aim for a force tech is if you want to knock the opponent into a wall, dangerzone, or off a cliff.

Murakame

You are all correct except it is called a vortex because the situation has a high chance of repeating itself. Like after Bass does his pick up throw he has a number of options that lead to the same result: knocking them down again and putting himself back in the situation where he maintains his frame advantage. Kasumi is the same with her untechables. Helena is another example of such a character. In DOA a vortex would be essentially forcing a situation where a wrong guess would lead to another force tech combo or situation where the initiator is at advantage and can potentially continue the cycle until either A: the opponents health has hit zero or B: the opponent has escaped from the vortex.

HiguraShiki

Brad does have a few force techs. Usually after a cb you can do 3kpp, then time 1ppk to forcetech. If you want, you can also time 2kk to forcetech, 6k, or 6h+k. In general, practice doing 6k or 6h+k during juggles and see what you can do.

Tones

Premium Donor
1p(p)k's timing is very very strict.

2kk doesn't force tech at all.

One things Brad can do is use moves like 3kk or 9k during a juggle to enter DHO at pretty close range. If they like to techroll, you have the advantage. If they don't you bait a wakeup kick to either bock and throw punish or counter.

On Feathers:
BH 8k+f k 66k
CB 214p kk4p+k 2k is a force tech.

HiguraShiki

1p(p)k's timing is very very strict.

2kk doesn't force tech at all.

One things Brad can do is use moves like 3kk or 9k during a juggle to enter DHO at pretty close range. If they like to techroll, you have the advantage. If they don't you bait a wakeup kick to either bock and throw punish or counter.

On Feathers:
BH 8k+f k 66k
CB 214p kk4p+k 2k is a force tech.
I figured that 2kk forcetech's on certain occasions but with strict timing. I usually use it as an ender if I don't get a high counter hit, since then 3kk will whiff.
Does Brad's CB forcetech work on all weights?

Tones

Premium Donor
100% they can tech roll inbetween the 2 hits of 2kk.

Feathers. lights and mediums if there is a slope.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD