Battle Royal FR18 Top 8 - Pools Write Up

We have almost concluded the first day of Last Round at Final Round and when it comes to hype and clutch matches the community has definitely delivered today. The stream was cut short, but we got 3-4 hours of DOA stream time on Spooky, who also did the commentating all by himself. For not being a DOA regular it was good stuff from him! Thanks for the support, Spooky!

Confirmed for Top 8 (to be updated later on today):

1. Kwiggle :phase4::lisa:
1. E-Mann :leifang::helena::christie:
1. Sweet Revenge:genfu::jannlee:
1. Hoodless :rig:
2. Lopedo :mila::rachel::jannlee:
2. Crazy Steady :ayane::leifang::marierose:
2. Sonic Fox :marierose:
2. Blackmoonrising :leifang:

We see Crazy Steady rocking his belt from his Cali Crush victory last year, and he gets to work on his opponents. Despite some valiant efforts he has slayed and definitely intends to make this tournament his.

Awesmic also appeared as a fighter! Not a spectator! And he killed it early on in the bracket, but lost to E-Mann in a clutch set that had me on my toes the entire time. Great Christie play from the get-go.

We see the return of Fyre T, and he had a great Mila to show us. His combos and decisions were on point and this player is one to keep your eyes on. He continues to vastly improve tournament after tournament.

Lopedo and Kwiggle eventually collided into each other on the bracket, and surprisingly -- Lopedo had a new character for us -- more Mila! He won the first set against Kwiggle's Phase 4, but refused to character change to Kwiggle's Lisa and was sent to losers.

Also worth mentioning was Itabashi Zangief (an International player) vs. BAP K's Tina. Itabashi was able to represent Pai with his unique take on the character and ended up winning against BAP K in a close set with plenty of throw punishes and holds.

Right after that match we got to experience Crazy Steady vs E-Mann in a Lei Fang mirror! This match had plenty of close calls and went right down to the wire with some of the best utilization of the character I have seen in competitive play. Crazy took this mirror with an intense power blow on the new but not new Crimson stage.

E-Mann switched to his girl Helena and immediately got to work on the streets, but Crazy made sure that the match was again down to the wire before E-Mann ended the second match with some impressive baits on Lei's wake-ups from the Bokuho duck. E-Mann seals his last victory at Ends of the Earth sending Crazy to loser bracket to fight Awesmic.

He switches to Marie Rose to face off with Awesmic's Christie and wins the first match on the streets. They have another fight in the lab and despite some very close calls, Crazy locks his way into top 8 thanks to some great reads throughout.

Japanese player, Itabashi was next set to fight against Notinfiltration, and put up a good fight with his Pai, but was unable to get the win over Notinfiltration's Lisa. Sonic Fox and RipTheJacker close today's stream with Sonic Fox's Marie Rose claiming the victory over Jacker's Ayane.

Top 8 is not yet completely determined, and the challonge bracket is a little off at the moment, so please be patient while we get the rest of the results updated later on.

See you tomorrow on Team Spooky, where you can also catch the replay later!

Last edited:
Slight error in your writeup. Itabashi played against a player called "Notinfiltration". If you write just Infiltration, people are just going to assume that the SF player also was playing DOA. Just a heads up ;)

Slight error in your writeup. Itabashi played against a player called "Notinfiltration". If you write just Infiltration, people are just going to assume that the SF player also was playing DOA. Just a heads up ;)

haven't seen archives and yeah I was . . . . WHHHUUUUTTTT????

Yeah I figured I might have gotten some heat for Notinfiltration. I am sorry dude, I forgot what his name was. And top 8 has been updated. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Yeah I figured I might have gotten some heat for Notinfiltration. I am sorry dude, I forgot what his name was. And top 8 has been updated. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Who's on winners and who's on losers? I ask this because Hoodless sent Sonic Fox to losers

EDIT: This is who's on winners and losers

Winners Bracket:
Kwiggle
E-Mann
Sweet Revenge
Hoodless

Losers Bracket:
Lopedo
SonicFox
Blackmoonrisingx
Crazysteady

Last edited:
Yeah I can confirm that Sonic Fox is in losers, SR winners.. Sorry for the errors today, it's been tough with the bracket being pretty much null and not getting to see the whole pools on stream.

There's 9150 people watching the DOA 5 LR tournament right now and I'm SO HAPPY to see this! I thought only street fighter is able to pull off these kind of numbers!! I'm sooooo happy!! Go DOA!!!

Absolutely!

It's been at 9K the WHOLE TIME, and has been steadily rising until it hit 10.5K at the WF/LF/GF.

I was expecting it to drop hard...but it never did, I'm so proud of everyone.

Uh, I think majority of that number was waiting for another game actually lol. It's not an actual 9000+ viewers for DOA5LR. If anything, about 1000 of them actually cared while the rest were waiting for SF or Marvel turnouts. They get hype for Marvel for whatever reason.

But in troll definition. They technically "did" watch DOA5LR. I suppose they had no choice in the matter lol.

Uh, I think majority of that number was waiting for another game actually lol. It's not an actual 9000+ viewers for DOA5LR. If anything, about 1000 of them actually cared while the rest were waiting for SF or Marvel turnouts. They get hype for Marvel for whatever reason.

But in troll definition. They technically "did" watch DOA5LR. I suppose they had no choice in the matter lol.

I don't honestly think that's fair at all for 3 reasons:

1. Marvel's numbers spiked to 19K after a few matches and is possibly 21K+ now. It wouldn't make sense for them to wait THAT long when another 10K viewers popped in afterwards.

2. Most of the time when I see people announce DOA is next...they usually leave the stream and wait for a good hour or 2. This is definitely not the typical behavior of those who didn't care for it.

3. They had a choice as there is plenty of news that usually gets spread when a Major has a Capcom game on stream...

I'm not doubting you may have a point, but I think you are being a little too cynical here.

I'm not doubting you may have a point, but I think you are being a little too cynical here.

It's not being cynical when that's always the case. There is a random number variation there but DOA isn't exactly a broad game to draw in a crowd with that much viewies. Most of the numbers there were people already been watching the stream for the longest before DOA, they were just sitting there waiting for the next game.

What I am saying is that you cannot get excited for having such a high number when that number is not exactly the correct one either.

But because I'm a troll I would support DOA so in a technical sense, if someone on stream were to say "God this game is still up?" I would say "Yeah, thanks for the view." Some are just quiet and rather not talk about the game, they are just patiently waiting for their game to show up. Yes, we have 9000+ viewies but majority of it is not exactly legitimate. But since once again, I am a troll...they technically made it a view by letting the stream run while waiting for the next game. So yeah, it's still a view.

It goes both ways on random, including mine. It's all a generalized number. You could say it's 9000+ views but you cannot really tell if those big numbers is "All DOA."

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD