FSD DOA Tournament Suggested Rules

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Well TFC is right around the corner. Why not allow that major determine whether or not tournament settings actually need to be changed? 5U has 300 health points again but throws have received a 10 damage increased and some characters are actually able to dish out a bit more damage (found some damaging stuff for Ayane day 1 at casuals).

Plus it looks like Power Launchers have potential to be more leathel than Power Blows.

That's just a few things to consider before changing life settings though.

Tones

Premium Donor
DOA5.3 tournament with 3 set ups, 12 competitors, at 270 life 60 seconds, double elim, best 3 out of 5, best 5 of 7 for top 4, takes about 2.5 hours.

(I don't have DOA5U, comes out in 3 weeks here) Assuming throws do more damage and there is more damage potential... At 270 health my guess is that tournaments will be closer to 2 hours.

I used to disagree with lower health but after running more tournament recently I'm 100% for lower health.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Added DOA6 Suggested Ruleset to the main post.

Dead or Alive 6

• Life Setting: Normal
  • Holds: 4-way
  • Round Time: 60 seconds
  • Rounds: First to 3.
  • Matches: First to 2 except for finals; First to 3 for Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals.
  • Winner Lock: On. Winning player must remain their character, if Random was selected, then player must re-select that character
  • Stage Select:
    • Dangerzones: On
    • Stage: Random
      • Stages Removed from Random Filter:
        • Forbidden Fortune (2nd stage listing)
        • Chinese Festival (2nd stage listing)
        • A.P.O. (2nd stage listing)
        • Lost Paradise (2nd stage listing)
        • Hidden Garden
        • Chamber of Potential

MasterHavik

Added DOA6 Suggested Ruleset to the main post.

Dead or Alive 6

• Life Setting: Normal
  • Holds: 4-way
  • Round Time: 60 seconds
  • Rounds: First to 3.
  • Matches: First to 2 except for finals; First to 3 for Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals.
  • Winner Lock: On. Winning player must remain their character, if Random was selected, then player must re-select that character
  • Stage Select:
    • Dangerzones: On
    • Stage: Random
      • Stages Removed from Random Filter:
        • Forbidden Fortune (2nd stage listing)
        • Chinese Festival (2nd stage listing)
        • A.P.O. (2nd stage listing)
        • Lost Paradise (2nd stage listing)
        • Hidden Garden
        • Chamber of Potential
I understand Chamber of Potential, but why the other ones?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I understand Chamber of Potential, but why the other ones?

I would guess that it's just so people start at the top floor of a given level as opposed to the bottom, therefore granting cliff opportunities for the match if that stage happens to show up.

Pretty much. Also decreases the chances of getting the same stage twice. Unforgettable's two parts are left in rotation since it's such a big stage that it's relatively difficult to even find yourself using the staircase to transition to the bottom. That's because the system (at time of this post at least) doesn't use a proximity re-spawn per round. So if you start the match on Unforgettable's Miyama section, every round begins in that Miyama unless you transition to the sub level where you'd start each round in its hallway. Same for all of its areas.

And again, these are just the suggested tournament rules. A tournament organizer is free to use whichever rules they please obviously.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Added the following ruleset to Dead or Alive 6

• Characters Banned:
    • Phase-4
      • Until can be purchased individually.

Once Phase-4 becomes purchase able as a separate DLC, she will no longer be banned from tournament play.

esperaunce

Hello! Just wondering, do we require any licenses from Koei Tecmo or Team Ninja when we organize community-level and international level events?
I'm also assuming if we want to go international, we would need some permission from them for sure?

Thank you!

MasterHavik

Hello! Just wondering, do we require any licenses from Koei Tecmo or Team Ninja when we organize community-level and international level events?
I'm also assuming if we want to go international, we would need some permission from them for sure?

Thank you!
This isn't Blizzard run tournaments so most likely not.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Thank you!

As a general answer: No you do not need some permission from them to organize community-level and international level events.

esperaunce

Oops! I had a typo there! >_<
I meant I'm wanting to organize community level and national level.

Thank you two so much for the info!

Kuga

Ummm
  • Stages: Random (excluding MIYABI, UNFORGETTABLE, FORBIDDEN FORTUNE, HIDDEN GARDEN, CHAMBER OF POTENTIAL)
So does that mean theyre banned?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ummm
  • Stages: Random (excluding MIYABI, UNFORGETTABLE, FORBIDDEN FORTUNE, HIDDEN GARDEN, CHAMBER OF POTENTIAL)
So does that mean theyre banned?

Yes, they are to be removed from the game's random filter, and since the stage selected is required to be random, these stages should not be played for tournament matches.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD